Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:37 AM   #11
sj samuraii
Banned

vCash: 500
yeah...

sj samuraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #12
Ghostrider

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
I did not see the fight. Cesar and Shamrock were both classy after the fight. Cesar was obviously disappointed. He alluded to the fact that his neervousness and lack of experience fighting in front of a big crowd changed his mindset in that he did not follow his gameplan.

Shamrock also mentioned the fact tha Cesar was prepared although he stated that his fighting stance was unorthodox. This gave him reason to try a looping right which unfortunately for Cesar, connected and ended the fight. He also mentioned that Cesar was stupid to standup with him aince he is not a striker. He did not bash anyone which to me spoke volumes considering all the trash talk both trainer's followers did. If the all folow this example, life is good.

I still get the feeling thatif the fight went to the ground, we could have seen an interesting matchup. Obviously, this will not happen. Cesar Gracie did not say it although he did alllude to the fact that at age 40, he is not considering an MMA career.

Regardless, to debut inMMA at age 40 and sellout a card is a huge accomplishment.

My hats off to both fighters. Cesar Gracie said it best "In MMa, anything can happen" or words to that effect.

BTW, Shamrock also called out Sakuraba.

Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote