Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
bobby boulders
My Lovin' Is Digi

vCash: 500
Bibi Fernandes: "It's many people's dream to fight in the UFC. It ain't mine."

Bibiano focused on One FC, explains why he didn't sign with the UFC :: TATAME

Quote:
Apart from family, itíd be a great opportunity for Bibiano, but when you put the family in the picture itís not worth it. I donít fight for me. I have people who rely on me. Iíve built what I had to build in MMA. It can be many peopleís dream to fight in the UFC, but it ainít mine. Itís all business to me.
Good on him for doing what he wants to do and not what he's expected to do by moaning fans.

While seemingly it is accepted that he'd have made more money in the UFC, he doesn't talk like that is necessarily the case.

Good luck to him, hope he does well no matter where he fights.

It's only smells.
bobby boulders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
LSXMMA
I posty..I sleepy..I eaty

Location: She grew up tall and she grew up right with them INDIANA boys on them INDIANA nights!
I agree it is nice to see him taking a stand for what he wants. So many times people are accused of being scared of facing elite competition and that may be true for some. Others though are simply happy and succesful where they are at. Bibiano seems to be one of the latter.

All that being said I would love to see him under the Zuffa banner.

Wanderlei
Bendo
Browne
Wineland
Mousasi
Pettis
Cormier
Barao
KZ
Swanson
Larkin

Attended UFC 119, UFC on Versus 3, UFC on Fox 2, UFC on Fox 6, and Condit/Kampman 2
LSXMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Mikedh

Red Belt

They must have offered him a nice deal because he said this two weeks ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibianofernandes
The UFC is the best organization in the world. For sure, one day I want to go fight there, but I'm sorry, I have family and I have kids.
UFC's Dana White Says Bibiano Fernandes Free To Fight Anywhere - Bloody Elbow

The way he talks about it it doesn't seem like the offers were close at all. Fight fans have a right to be disappointed though even if they understand his position (as I do), I was looking forward to a lot of possible match ups in the UFC or Bellator.

Mikedh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
bobby boulders
My Lovin' Is Digi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedh View Post
They must have offered him a nice deal because he said this two weeks ago:

UFC's Dana White Says Bibiano Fernandes Free To Fight Anywhere - Bloody Elbow

The way he talks about it it doesn't seem like the offers were close at all
OneFC has some backers with deep pockets just like the UFC. And not a lot of stars. It wouldn't surprise me if they gave him a decent amount of money as opposed to what he would have started at in the UFC. Not saying Anderson Silva money, but if he was starting at 50k over 16k, that's not a bad decision.

Now, Idk that he was offered 50k starting out, I'm just in agreement that it must have been substantially higher than what the UFC has offered.

It's only smells.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
mmascene
Ostrich Belt & Rattle Snake Boots

vCash: 50
Good for him, Fighters first.

mmascene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Mikedh

Red Belt

This statement confused me:

"I guess One FC is just an extension of Dream. It’s not Dream, but the guys there have been helping one another at One FC. If you really look at it, you’ll see the guys that used to work on Dream here."

Does he just mean Lenne, Shimada, and some of the fighters? I hope for ONE FC's sake he was not referring to business personal.

Mikedh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
bobby boulders
My Lovin' Is Digi

Quote:

"I guess One FC is just an extension of Dream. Itís not Dream, but the guys there have been helping one another at One FC. If you really look at it, youíll see the guys that used to work on Dream here."

Does he just mean Lenne, Shimada, and some of the fighters? I hope for ONE FC's sake he was not referring to business personal.
If I'm not mistaken, DREAM management was in attendance at the recent Asian MMA summit that was held. So they may have some kind of role. Probably in a very very small capacity.

It's only smells.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
theexample
Banned

He'll regret that when One is out of business like everyone else. Maybe it wouldn't matter since he'd only lose 3 times in the UFC and get cut anyways.

theexample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Lanshire

Silver Belt

Quote:

"I guess One FC is just an extension of Dream. Itís not Dream, but the guys there have been helping one another at One FC. If you really look at it, youíll see the guys that used to work on Dream here."

As I understand it Dream is not in any way in charge of One FC. But there was an agreement between One FC and other orgs (including Dream) to cooperate and exchange fighters to some extent.

Hopefully One FC stays away from the shady side of Dream because it seems like One FC has some talented management with solid experience and connections and a good idea for MMA. They seem to have more potential than Dream did.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
bobby boulders
My Lovin' Is Digi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexample View Post
He'll regret that when One is out of business like everyone else. Maybe it wouldn't matter since he'd only lose 3 times in the UFC and get cut anyways.
Thing is, those are all just assumptions. And if you're not a complete asshole, you know that.

Those things COULD happen, but to act like you know that they would is asinine.

It's only smells.

Last edited by bobby boulders; 06-29-2012 at 05:06 PM.