Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Hufusopem

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Bae Myung Ho -"I was supposed to fight at UFC Macau, but Legend FC did not allow it."

BAE MYUNG HO INTERVIEW

--------------------------------

You have gotten a lot bigger since your title defense fight in Legend FC, 3 months ago.

Quote:
Yes, though I am smaller now than I was a while ago (laughs). Right now I weigh about 87 kilograms.
It has been a long time since you have fought; you also pulled out of your August 24 title defense of the Legend FC belt.

Quote:
Yes, it got canceled because my opponent got injured. I was actually supposed to fight at UFC Macau and had gotten a contract offer, but Legend FC would not let me fight in another organization. There was actually a contract dispute because I did not know such a rule was in place.(Champions with Legend FC title belts cannot fight in another organization.)
So you are not planning on fighting for Legend FC anymore?

Quote:
I have nothing against Legend FC but my dream is to fight in the UFC, and it left a bad taste in my mouth that Legend FC would not let me fight in the UFC when I was prepared physically to do so. It is not a fun situation right now, but I have not thought too much on whether or not I will ever fight in Legend FC again.
I have heard one of the contract clauses is that no Legend FC champion could fight in other organizations?

Quote:
Oh, they have that trick under their sleeves (laughs). I never heard that this was actually a clause in the contract. I actually thought it would make more sense for Champions of smaller orgs to fight in bigger orgs to prove how strong that organization was.
I was very impressed by your wrestling and ability to get takedowns in the corners, and the end of rings and cages.

Quote:
Thank you. I do not feel there is much difference between a cage and a ring. I actually train against the walls to stimulate the cage and ring; in the end it is the technique that gets the takedowns.

TEAM MAD has been concentrating a lot on striking recently, but we still practice wrestling 3 times a day so our wrestling level is very high level. And with the improvement of wrestling one has more freedom to use their striking.
Do you think you can adjust to the Unified rules of MMA when you fight in the UFC?

Quote:
Yes, I love using elbows, but I honestly do not understand when organizations ban any kind of technique.
I actually started MMA because of Wanderlei Silva, so I love all the banned moves. Elbows, knees, and soccer kicks.
ONE FC has those rules.

Quote:
Even though I love those rules it is a bit different also (laughs). I think ONE FC is fun, but I am not a young fighter anymore. I have to follow my path so I must fight in the UFC now. Its not just because I want to be a world renowned fighter, it's also because I love MMA so much that I want to fight in the UFC.

27 year old, Bae Myung Ho is ready to fight in the UFC right now. When I was a baseball player I always wanted to play in the MLB. But of course I never made it to the MLB. Fighting in the UFC is like that, I want to fight and compete with the best in the world. In the end of the day everyone gives respect to a UFC fighter.
Are you planning on fighting as a Welterweight even though your team mate Dong Hyun Kim is in that division?

Quote:
I will just drop down to the lightweight division. Although the weight cut will not be easy I want to challenge myself. You only live once. So although I was disappointed I lost that opportunity for now, I will train hard now for a chance in the future.

REFERENCE- http://mmaplanet.jp/archives/1729232.html

Last edited by Hufusopem; 10-22-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Hufusopem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
under_t

Brown Belt

Signed contract without knowing details ?
What a fool !

under_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Mumrik

Silver Belt

The UFC don't do one-offs.
No way they offered him a fight and would let him go back afterwards. The rhetoric here makes it sound like Legend FC don't want to lend their fighters to other organizations, but obviously this must have been about leaving with the belt.

Mumrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
WandyWiolentFan
Banned

Quote:
Yes, I love using elbows, but I honestly do not understand when organizations ban any kind of technique.
I actually started MMA because of Wanderlei Silva, so I love all the banned moves. Elbows, knees, and soccer kicks.
Hell yeah! Bae has good taste in wiolence.

WandyWiolentFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Hufusopem

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumrik View Post
The UFC don't do one-offs.
No way they offered him a fight and would let him go back afterwards. The rhetoric here makes it sound like Legend FC don't want to lend their fighters to other organizations, but obviously this must have been about leaving with the belt.
i am pretty sure he was willing to vacate the belt to fight in the UFC, the issue probably is that Legend FC has a contract clause that wont even allow him to vacate the title until after a certain number of fights

Old 10-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Knocksville
Banned

Its sad seeing a good fighter get his career sidetracked by a 2nd tier company. You see this happening a lot now with CFA, M-1, and now Legend FC screwing over their fighters with these kind of championship clauses and things.

Memo to young fighters: don't fight for title belts in these 2nd tier companies and don't sign with promotions that are eager to lock you into a contract where they can force you into a buy out situation if you get too good for them.

Knocksville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
Evangelion

Black Belt

So what does he have to do to get out of that contract? Seems like we are going to see a large influx of Korean fighters in future years. Would love to see mma explode in Korea like it did in Brazil.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
lapollarecords

Black Belt

who this guy is?

Kneepocalypse
lapollarecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
Hufusopem

Purple Belt

Bae is probably the best fighter in Korea that is not in the UFC yet. its debatable but hes up there, and he has all the tools to be a UFC fighter.

basically a slightly less technical but more athletic DHK and WW champ of Legend FC

Old 10-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
glennrod

Gold Belt

Legend fc is bootleg elbow wrasslin. they should have allowed this fight with the condition that ho was allowed to return to legend. it could have possibly given them greater exposure too

Didn't I blow your mind this time, didn't I?"
glennrod is offline   Reply With Quote