Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:38 AM   #1
AAAhmed46

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
What does the bible have to do with Sparta?

That one dude(forgot his name) kept talking about 300 spartans when reading the bible.

But the spartans were pagan, they were not christians, the battle took place before christ(if im wrong correct me)

While the persians were zorosters.

So how does he make that connection?

AAAhmed46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:45 AM   #2
Invincible420

Brown Belt

I dunno the old testement was before christ so maybe theres somthing about it in there

Old 09-28-2007, 03:52 AM   #3
Invincible420

Brown Belt

the persian empire is mentioned in the book of ester and ezra one of those is the book Matt told them to read I dunno if it says anything about Sparta but maybe that was just a link the guy to it

Old 09-28-2007, 05:11 AM   #4
WSKUNGFUCLUB

Red Belt

the new testament (which is almost certainly what matt hughes handed out) has FUCK ALL to do with sparta. herodotus' histories were pretty much concealed by constantine's ecumenical council when they got together to decide which bits and pieces and gospels to feed to the masses in order to control them. hellenism was completely shunned. two millenia later, millions of sheep like matt hughes still blindly buy the bullshit.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:14 AM   #5
Mayhem83

Brown Belt

didnt dan(?) say something about breaking it down into "man terms" so its easier to understand, when he was explaining it to the redhaired guy....

Alessio Sakaras #1 fan

not to mention I DRIVE THE HYUN HYUNDAI!!!!! BEEP BEEP
Mayhem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
Douchebaggery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAhmed46 View Post
That one dude(forgot his name) kept talking about 300 spartans when reading the bible.

But the spartans were pagan, they were not christians, the battle took place before christ(if im wrong correct me)

While the persians were zorosters.

So how does he make that connection?

the connection is that some fighters like to talk out of their ass to seem smarter than they really are. I am pretty sure his only knowledge of the Spartans came from the movie based on a comic book. he also said " Matt Hughes sees God in me" so.....

Douchebaggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
Braziluvr
Banned

WTF is this?

Braziluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #8
Haunted99

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douchebaggery View Post
the connection is that some fighters like to talk out of their ass to seem smarter than they really are. I am pretty sure his only knowledge of the Spartans came from the movie based on a comic book. he also said " Matt Hughes sees God in me" so.....
Hahaha that guy is talking out of his ass, first he tells everyone Matt Hughes sees God in him and now he talks about how he's the perfect guy to translate the bible to the people....seconds later he says '' BC....that's before christ right?''

HOLY SHIT

Haunted99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #9
KnockoutsGalore

Red Belt

vCash: 758
All I know is that someone asked Dan, who said he is God's chosen one to be on Hughes Team and can break the word down into fighter terms, was explaining that the Spartans "beat off" Xerxes, "you know, like at the end of the movie, with that last charge." The really funny part about it, is that was well over a year after Xerxes burned Sparta to the ground, and at the last battle, the one in the movie, Xerxes wasn't even there, he was back on his throne in Persia. Dan is retarded, he's seen 300 about 300 too many times and is now trying to relate it to him being on TUF.

KnockoutsGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #10
Jamaya

Yellow Belt

He trying to back up a historical fact with a movie that took many liberties with the truth. That dude is a perfect fit for hughes, they're both fanatical, egotistic and some how view themselves as religious. I just thought it was hillarious that Huges makes them:a) read during training (strike 1-they should be working), b) read the bible (strike 2- people that aren't religious or of different denominations can find it insulting) and c) does it for his own ego (strike 3 - WTF, who am I in the book of Esther???...)

I was begining to think that Serra was laying it on a bit to think, but after that whole biblical self-promotion it proves what an egomaniac Hughes is.

Jamaya is offline   Reply With Quote