Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
FrankieNYC

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
RR blames Meisha for fighter missing weight?

Do you agree or not?

I don't think Miesha can be blamed for that. She was obviously with him & trying & giving him support.
When it was obvious to her that he gave up, she was rightfully pissed off.

But I am not a MMA fighter like some are on here, so I am curious if they agree with RR or not.

Try & leave the RR or Tate hate out of this (if possible) -

-

-
FrankieNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Kalmah
Accountability Belt

vCash: 2479
You don't think Meisha is to blame? I know she isn't. I'd love to see someone try and think of any reason or argument as to why she would be when she has nothing to do with any of the fighters cutting weight. It's their own job. There's nothing to discuss really.

Kalmah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
DLX

Brown Belt

I honestly thought Ronda would come down on Cody, but remarkably she finds a way to blame Meisha.

DLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
FrankieNYC

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
You don't think Meisha is to blame? I know she isn't. I'd love to see someone try and think of any reason or argument as to why she would be when she has nothing to do with any of the fighters cutting weight. It's their own job. There's nothing to discuss really.
That was my thought, but RR telling her team of fighters that it is a coaches job made me wonder what others thought

I know obviously it might be different in a real camp than on TUF too

-

-
Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
bubkusjones

Brown Belt

Hell, Ronda would blame Miesha if it rained during a run.

Never judge a book by its shoddy movie release.
bubkusjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
TSO

Black Belt

Ronda is so far removed from reality she place the blame on Tate without even seeing as much as we did. You cannot force people to stay in a competition they want to quit.

TSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
jiujitsuforever
Banned

Location: north carolina: aka most bipolar weather on the east coast
its cody's fault he couldnt handle it

jiujitsuforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #8
MadMardigain

Blue Belt

Sure Meisha may have needed to monitor her fighters weigh closer to make sure the weight was being cut earlier if he was that high, but in the end she can't make him cut it early or later. Honestly, my biggest issue with it isn't that Ronda blamed Meisha for the weight issue, as much as, it is she made it a point to make sure she told her team "Meisha threw Cody under the bus." No she didn't she said she tried to get him to make the cut and was disappointed he didn't try. Cody said he mental broke, and Dana said it was Cody fault. Only Ronda felt the need to make it seem like Meisha is selling her own fighters out and talking bad about them. I don't see any reason she needs to go out of her way to try and get her team to have a bad image of how Meisha treats her team or any fighters. Let them experience things and come up with their own decision about Meisha rather than implanting that type of skewed information into their minds. If Ronda wants to talk random crap about her and Meisha's relationship that's fine, but don't try to make others think Meisha is some type of evil two faced person towards the fighters she's trains or other fighter in general.

Last edited by MadMardigain; 10-31-2013 at 12:00 AM.
MadMardigain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #9
FrankieNYC

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMardigain View Post
My biggest issue with it isn't that Ronda blamed Meisha for the weight issue, as much as, it is she made it a point to make sure she told her team "Meisha threw Cody under the bus." I don't see any reason she needs to go out of her way to try and get her team to have a bad image of Meisha. Let them experience things and come up with their own decision about Meisha rather than implanting that type of skewed information into their minds.
But she has been doing that for awhile
Remember the "this is racist, why is noing agreeing with me?" rant

-

-
Old 10-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #10
MadMardigain

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieNYC View Post
But she has been doing that for awhile
Remember the "this is racist, why is noing agreeing with me?" rant
Yes, similar issue of Ronda making a bigger issue out of things in order to make Meisha into something more than what the matter should have been about. I think that Ronda's way of trying to get her team fired up and mad hoping they take that into the cage with them in the fight. In my view its a weak way of creating that energy and in most cases its not working for the team. Her fighters are worried about winning their fights not worried about the feud. But in terms or creating an skewed image of Meisha this may be worse in terms a person who doesn't know much about Meisha in the fact that Ronda was trying to say Meisha isn't even respecting even her own team members. Which adds some trust issue into the equation. I go no problem with her throwing a "I hate Meisha fit" about random things, but don't make something more out of things to make others think she not even loyal or even respectful to those on her team or even the other contestants on the show. I hope some of the fighters on Ronda's team are a little more open minded than that.

Last edited by MadMardigain; 10-31-2013 at 12:10 AM.
MadMardigain is offline   Reply With Quote