Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:54 AM   #1
Josh "Bring The Pain" Haynes
Professional Fighter

vCash: 500
My fight against Tait

My thoughts on my fight with Tait and the whole episode in general.

I think it should have gone a third round. Both of us were game for another round. We both worked to impose our game, me standing and Tait shutting me down with the clench and taking it to the ground. I have a lot respect for Tait he is one of the guys on the show that I came to like a lot. It frustrates me that neither of us got the opportunity to seal the deal in the third round. There is a lot of room for improvement in my game and I have been working on those things.

I feel I was the aggressor in both rounds. I landed a solid punch at the end of the fight and was able to escape his submission attempts through out the entire fight. I was standing up in the triangle and making my escape when the 2nd round ended, given a few more seconds I would have escaped the triangle, I was not in danger and it wasn’t tight enough. I am not going to regret a win, but I wish I could have given a better showing and I wish it would have gone a third.

I’m sure I came across as emotional, hell I’m an emotional guy, they wanted to strike a cord and they knew all the right questions to ask me over the course of the interview (that lasted over an hour). My family does motivate me, it is that simple. My son is a huge motivation in my life. We went thru an amazing experience. I fight to make a better life for my family and the more I pour into my fighting the better our lives have gotten. If you don’t know me on a personal level you probably wouldn’t understand what I’m talking about.

Some of the things I said during my interviews may have been harsh. I apologize for that. The last thing I want to do is “kill” Tait, or “put a bad face” on a sport I love. Understand that there is a lot of emotion and adrenaline going into a fight. A lot of hype and a lot of talk. Some people come in with open minds and good intentions. I come in to do everything I can to win. I am never friends with someone before we fight and it was certainly a new experience living with someone, totally getting along with them, and then trying to find a way to fuel your self to fight them.

I would like to say thanks to Tait for the fight. It was an amazing experience. I want to say thanks to Rory for his help in that fight. I brought that picture of my son on my own accord for my own motivation. It was a way to keep my family close, as I had never fought before without them present to support me. Rory did what any good corner would do. He found a way to keep me focused and in the game. To those people that think the judges "knew my story" come on, give me a break I'm calling BS on that having any impact!!! I would be willing to bet they still don’t know or care about “my story”. Those are the same judges that “knew my story” when I fought Shonie Carter and it didn't do a damn thing for me then. "“My story" is filled with a lot of blessing and that is why I share it with people, plain and simple.

The fact is this. Both of us put everything into that 10 minutes. We were willing to give more but were not given the chance. We both tried to execute our game plans and walk away with a win. Everyone believed it should have gone a third, including Tait and I. I would be willing to do it again any time. I will take that win, with no regrets and I would take a re match without hesitation.

Furthermore, I worked my ass off on that show. If people want to be "disappointed" in something maybe they should look at how they act towards fighters who put their ass on the line to go out there and put on the best show possible, for the entertainment of the fans.

This is the only post I will make about my fight with Tait. I appreciate all the fans and people who support the show with constructive criticism or positive feedback. I have no interest in bashing fighters, judges, etc.

-Bring The Pain

http://www.myspace.com/btp31377
http://www.bringthepain.tv
Josh "Bring The Pain" Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:57 AM   #2
t4paN**
Banned

This is either a re-post or i'm having a delusional deja vu. And i'm off drugs during finals month.

t4paN** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:58 AM   #3
Sparky

Blue Belt

Nice show of class Josh. I felt you fought a good fight. You did seem gassed but you threw well on your feet and were fearless on the ground. I know you respect Tait but I felt that whole incident with Noah proved that he doesn't have half the class you do.

Keep up the good work.

Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:01 AM   #4
PlzDieMuchly
Banned

I tried telling people it didn't look like that triangle was locked in, and got flamed by retards with "u don't know what ur talking about".

I'm glad to see you aren't bragging or thinking you shut him down in a heroic victory or anything.

I admire your reasons for fighting, and as a person, from what little you can see on TV, and I'm glad you come out and admit you have a lot of work to do.

Edit: Didn't particularly care for the "we're doing this for the fans" part. What cliched garbage.

Last edited by PlzDieMuchly; 05-19-2006 at 05:06 AM.
PlzDieMuchly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:03 AM   #5
t4paN**
Banned

Fighter bashing is one thing, but fighter bashing directly to the fighter is a shit ass way to be a fan. I know this whole you-bad-fan is becoming cheesy, but in your case it's really a bad way to show fandom.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:04 AM   #6
BigRedYeti

White Belt

You shouldn't have to apologize for anything, Josh. Fuck the haters. The decision was completly out of your hands...yet the retards here think you had something to do with it. You can never win with this crrowd.

Great fight. You showed a lot of courage. Your family should be proud.

War Josh.

BigRedYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:05 AM   #7
shomanart

Purple Belt

The only time I want to bash on a fighter is when I try calling them after a fight and their phone sucks so much ass that I can't stand it. For real, Josh... you need to switch carriers because your phone hates me. Regardless of what anyone says in any forum... from 1 father to another, aside from all the fight stuff, all the art stuff, and really anything that happens to you in life... When you go home at night and look your kids in the eyes they don't see a winner or a loser. They don't see someone who's punching is this or that. They just see their hero in you with no disputes. Regardless of what we deal with in life... as long as our kids love us, all is gravy in the world. So naysayers and critics can say all they want but at the end of the day you can go home to your kids with no worries about what any critic or keyboard warrior has to say and be happy with your life because you are a dad first. A Husband second. A fighter 3rd.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:06 AM   #8
t4paN**
Banned

So, is this a re-post or do I have to visit a psychiatrist? And why isn't PlzDieMuchly banned yet?

Old 05-19-2006, 05:10 AM   #9
Sparky

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4paN
Fighter bashing is one thing, but fighter bashing directly to the fighter is a shit ass way to be a fan. I know this whole you-bad-fan is becoming cheesy, but in your case it's really a bad way to show fandom.
Who the hell are you talking at? And thats 3 posts on the first page of a thread.... STFU already.

Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:16 AM   #10
t4paN**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky
Who the hell are you talking at? And thats 3 posts on the first page of a thread.... STFU already.
You didn't see it because he edited it, but PlzDieMuchly talked some heavy crap. And I'm really curious over where did the first thread go, so I posted 3 times. Asking me who the hell I'm talking to isn't the way to make me stfu. I won't talk crap back because I did post too much on one page though. But then again this is sherdog and people do all sorts of stuff so fuck off asshole.