Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > The War Room

The War Room Gun-toting neocon? Tree-hugging lib? Duke it out in the War Room.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #161
ownerofyou

White Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightintheFace View Post
Nope, you're reading into it. I didn't imply that. I don't think that. Fair enough?
However, I do think that in this thread and all the hell over, many atheists go out of their way to insult, deride, and attempt to stifle my overt religious observance. I've had it happen to the point that if I were the suing type I could definitely have charged harassment. That isn't okay, just because you think your opinion is superior.

I try to be a nice guy and not push anything in anyone's face. But I'm not at all ashamed to identify as a Christian or observe my religion as I see fit, and I don't need to hear your shit about it.

I literally stepped out to help at an accident one time, helped a bleeding guy out of a car, etc. and as the ambulance sped off a few minutes later I signed the cross to myself as I walked back to my car and had another observer see me and start harassing me for it. Some people (atheists included) have no motherfucking class.
at least you helped... i witnessed an old lady fall and crack her head open, and this dumb christian lady who was next to the woman wouldnt help, she only prayed.

i was there, took my shirt off and used it to stop the bleeding, put her in the recovery position, and kept talking to her, kept her warm... and this dumb bitch just stood behind me praying.

then when the emt's get there, they worked on this old lady for a good while, took her away and saved her life.

then that dumb christian bitch comes to me telling me god answered her prayers for help, and thanked god for saving her life.... acting like she actually played a role in helping that old woman.

dont thank god, thank the shirtless guy covered in blood and the emt's who worked non stop until she was stable....

dumb bitch.

ownerofyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:45 AM   #162
RightintheFace
Reportintheface

Location: Watching you, finger hovering over the report button
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRingo84 View Post
i know what youre saying. my fellow non-believers irritate me as much as anyone in the wr.

but i will say, a condescending tone is one that members of BOTH sides of this issue often take. there are dickheads on both sides, which im sure youd agree with.

and sometimes its not even about being a dickhead. believers often put me in situations that i feel are unfair to me (like the school faculty meeting prayer i mentioned). which is my biggest gripe. which is why i get irritated when they play the victim card constantly. believers run the show in the US. so then we speak out against things like that, and are treated like we're trying to remove religious freedoms. it creates a lot of resentment for some non believers.

i understand, and see, what youre saying too.
I definitely agree with you. In fact, I'd probably argue that the religious folks, whose opinion has dominated the debate for a very long time, probably started it. But *I* didn't start it, and that's why I get irritated when people start fucking with me over my faith. I have literally never tried to convince one single person to be a Christian. My best friend and WIFE are somewhere in the agnostic/atheist range. Yes, I take my kids to church, but as they get old enough to question, I have no problem whatsoever teaching them that not all people believe the same about God.

I just get sick to death of the drama over it. If you believe in God, good for you. If you don't, good for you. I hope whatever you think helps you sleep at night.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #163
RightintheFace
Reportintheface

Location: Watching you, finger hovering over the report button
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Psych Major View Post
Fair enough. Also, even though I think its a dick thing to do and would actually speak out against it, people have the right to say what they want about your religion, especially in public. Religious freedom doesn't entail the right not to be offended, though we'd all be better off if we didn't go out of our way to insult others on such matters.

Unless of course this went beyond words and spilled over to physical violence.
You're correct. That right goes both ways. I have the right to be an annoying Christian (although I hope I'm not) and you have the right to be an annoying atheist (although I hope you're not).

See? Not so hard, guys. These guys get it. We need to cultivate a bit more "I won't fuck with you, you don't fuck with me" attitude.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #164
brosef

White Belt

Its all good ibubrofens.... Pascals wager anyone???? I also get tired of people attacking GOD and Christians because some believers are morons....man is flawed.... GOD is not.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #165
leroyjenkens
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosef View Post
Its all good ibubrofens.... Pascals wager anyone???? I also get tired of people attacking GOD and Christians because some believers are morons....man is flawed.... GOD is not.
Supposedly. But before you assign attributes to something, you first have to prove it exists.

It's like trying to talk about bigfoot's diet. You have to first prove bigfoot exists before comments about his diet make any sense.

leroyjenkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #166
Pipe

Green Belt

People can pray all they want in schools and anywhere else. Schools aren't allowed to compel prayers or make them a part of the school day. Big difference, not that one expects Fox to differentiate.

Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #167
JohnMc

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorSherrer View Post
liberals seem to monitor fox news a lot to find stuff to rage about
It like Atheists driving around their towns every Christmas for any sign of a Nativity scene. They're not happy until they find something to offended about.

Renzo Gracie
Glaube Feitosa
Fransisco Filho
Jerome LeBanner
Mirko Cro-Cop
Masakatsu Funaki

Fan of ZST, Pancrase, DEEP, Dream,K-1, GLORY.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #168
weich

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
It like Atheists driving around their towns every Christmas for any sign of a Nativity scene. They're not happy until they find something to offended about.
Yes, because we atheists do that shit all that time.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #169
Jimmy Key v.1.4**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightintheFace View Post
Really clutching at straws now, aren't ya?
It's straw, not straws with an S.

Clutching at straw. Good

Clutching at straws. Not good.

Just sayin...

Jimmy Key v.1.4** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #170
weich

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Key v.1.4 View Post
It's straw, not straws with an S.

Clutching at straw. Good

Clutching at straws. Not good.

Just sayin...
My google search shows that both forms, straw or straws, are ok.