Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > The War Room

The War Room Gun-toting neocon? Tree-hugging lib? Duke it out in the War Room.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #141
logos

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Cough View Post
Burdon of proof is on me? They made an illogical claim presenting ZERO evidence!!!!! Why would the burdon of proof EVER be on me? You have your shit DIRECTLY BACKWARDS! Why would you believe something that makes no sense? You can't logically justify it, yet you would blindly defend something that you can't, at all justify, just because you feel you should appeal to authority? You are just refusing to use any critical thinking.
Do you beleive Abu Musab al Zarqawi was killed in a US operation?

How about Alwaki?

I think a US President has more to lose than gain from making up a story of this magnitude out of thin air. The diplomatic problems resulting from the raid and AQ's confirmation are enough for me to conclude that such a complicated conspiracy would be virtually impossible to contain.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #142
Jack Cough

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos View Post
Do you beleive Abu Musab al Zarqawi was killed in a US operation?

How about Alwaki?.
Changing the subject won't do shit for you here. We are talking about bin Laden. Remember? Why would we move on to different people when you've been avoinding the subject at hand?

Quote:
I think a US President has more to lose than gain from making up a story of this magnitude out of thin air. The diplomatic problems resulting from the raid and AQ's confirmation are enough for me to conclude that such a complicated conspiracy would be virtually impossible to contain.
Diplomatic problems? You must be joking. The idea of a raid that violates pakistans sovereignty and then provides ZERO evidence of its claims is a serious slap in the face. Any you are trying to claim that anyone making decisions for the US is concerned about US Paki relations??? GTFOOH with that goofball shit!! With all the trouble the US has had with killing then ignoring innocent paki's and mudering paki troops it's obvious that the previous and current admins are careless at best. Violating Pakistan's sovereignty is old news, besides none of what you posted is any kind of solid evidence of anything.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #143
logos

Black Belt

Quote:
Changing the subject won't do shit for you here. We are talking about bin Laden. Remember? Why would we move on to different people when you've been avoinding the subject at hand?
I'm not changing the subject, I'm asking you a simple question. Why can't you answer it, especially if you feel it is irrelevant, which it is not?

Quote:
Diplomatic problems? You must be joking. The idea of a raid that violates pakistans sovereignty and then provides ZERO evidence of its claims is a serious slap in the face. Any you are trying to claim that anyone making decisions for the US is concerned about US Paki relations??? GTFOOH with that goofball shit!! With all the trouble the US has had with killing then ignoring innocent paki's and mudering paki troops it's obvious that the previous and current admins are careless at best. Violating Pakistan's sovereignty is old news, besides none of what you posted is any kind of solid evidence of anything.
BBC News - Bin Laden: Pakistan intelligence agency admits failures

So, the Pakistani government, the US miitary, every global media outlet, Al Qaeda, and every US government official privy to the information conspired to sell us a lie?

Sorry bro, I don't buy it, and any reasonable person wouldn't either.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #144
Jack Cough

Brown Belt

Quote:
I'm not changing the subject, I'm asking you a simple question. Why can't you answer it, especially if you feel it is irrelevant, which it is not?

BBC News - Bin Laden: Pakistan intelligence agency admits failures

So, the Pakistani government, the US miitary, every global media outlet, Al Qaeda, and every US government official privy to the information conspired to sell us a lie?

No actual evidence though huh? Seems solid.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #145
Jack Cough

Brown Belt

Quote:
Oh yeah, giant LOLZ at Al Qaenda via anonymous post at terroristdotcalm. You should just tell me the entire world except for me believes a story with NO evidence. BJ at the airport??

Old 03-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #146
HugeMember
Stupid F*cker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRingo84 View Post
yea i was aware of his issues for a long time

there were numerous reports that he was still alive and doing things though too. so what "reports" are we to believe? which ever ones we want to believe?

if his group knows how he really died, why arent they saying anything? seems like it would be a great way to stick it to the US.
Who would believe it?

We KNOW that the Pentagon and various intelligence agencies have NO commitment to the truth (they've lied many times). They will tell whatever story that suits them. That story may be truthful, or it may not be. Why would anyone simply "believe" what they say?

HugeMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #147
HugeMember
Stupid F*cker

Quote:

Well, they've lied about other things. Why not this?

HugeMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #148
logos

Black Belt

Quote:
No actual evidence though huh? Seems solid.
The question is: what evidence would you find acceptable?

The exact same evidence was provided when Anwar al-Awlaki was killed in a drone strike in Yemen. The U.S. military, our elected representatives, the Yemeni government, Al Qaeda in Yemen, and main stream media sources all confirmed that al-Awlaki was vaporized in a covert drone attack. The same evidence was produced in the Bin Laden assassination, yet you reject it, but you bought the al-Alwaki case, as you CT's are fond of saying: hook line and sinker. Why?

Quote:
Yeah, we assassinated an american citizen for speaking his mind with no trial or anything like that, rejoice you lame dick sucking authoritarian conts!!!!
Could it be that it fits your anti-government idealogy? I think so. Critical thinking? I think not. You simply pick and choose what you want to believe based on what you would like to believe.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #149
AgentOrange24
Ice Cold

Quote:
Burdon of proof is on me? They made an illogical claim presenting ZERO evidence!!!!! Why would the burdon of proof EVER be on me? You have your shit DIRECTLY BACKWARDS! Why would you believe something that makes no sense? You can't logically justify it, yet you would blindly defend something that you can't, at all justify, just because you feel you should appeal to authority? You are just refusing to use any critical thinking.
The evidence is the fact that the President of the United States ordered the operation, and the disposal of the body.

He watched this on TV, then went on TV and told the U.S. people about it.

Thats more evidence than any other idea has.

"Makes me feel Hitler had the right idea all along." - Oeshon
AgentOrange24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #150
logos

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange24 View Post
The evidence is the fact that the President of the United States ordered the operation, and the disposal of the body.

He watched this on TV, then went on TV and told the U.S. people about it.

Thats more evidence than any other idea has.
Have you ever heard this?

Quote:
This is Louisiana, chief! I mean, how do you know who your daddy is? Because your mama told you so?
Perhaps a bit crass, but appropriate in some cases...