Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > The War Room

The War Room Gun-toting neocon? Tree-hugging lib? Duke it out in the War Room.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #71
Cub_Fan_Guy

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Should we teach kids about santa claus and the tooth fairy?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #72
Fawlty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub_Fan_Guy View Post
Should we teach kids about santa claus and the tooth fairy?
Actually some people think it should be mandatory

Teacher fired for telling class Santa isn't real | Christmas | News.com.au

Fawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:05 AM   #73
Krumbz

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSatanDracula View Post
Technically, evolution is not fact.

According to positivist philosophy of science, all scientific beliefs are subject to revision and are never considered truth. Truth belongs to a priori statements which are never empirical.

Considering "falsifiability" is a hallmark of science, one could argue that Mississipi is correct. Of course, this is only when we accept that as the intention of the law makers. What their more obvious intention is to affirm that evolution does not take place, which is false.
Evolution is the CLOSEST thing to fact that humans have - that explains the diversity of ALL life on Earth.
Nothing else has EVER come even REMOTELY near to the evidence that The Theory of Evolution has provided for us.

For example... can anyone think of an alternative theory, based on observation and empirical evidence, for why matter "sticks" to Earth?

No you can't.
Hence...
The Theory of Gravity.

The Theory of Relativity.
The Big Bang Theory.
The Theory of Evolution.

All 3 are considered FACT. And for VERY good reasons!

Science does not limit itself and that's why even Theories can be, and will be, built upon.

Religion and its Bronze Age culture is now impeding REAL Science and misleading millions upon millions of people who don't know any better.

It's disgusting and the biggest sham in human history.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #74
niloroth

Blue Belt

Anyway, while the creationists scramble to find something in their magical books about the possibility of life on mars, the folks at nasa are holding a meeting about having most likely found just such a thing. This would fit the evolutionists world view quite easily, but i don't seem to remember anything about it in the bible or quran.

Maybe the scientologists had something about it? Eh, who cares.

Live Blogging The Mars Methane Mystery: Aliens At Last? | The Loom | Discover Magazine

Darkballs "i swear, the 9-11 CT crowd is like a big dick measuring contest for really stupid people under 30."

Last edited by niloroth; 01-15-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: edited to add link.
niloroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #75
mr.brightside32

Blue Belt

[QUOTE=niloroth;28113515]Anyway, while the creationists scramble to find something in their magical books about the possibility of life on mars, the folks at nasa are holding a meeting about having most likely found just such a thing. This would fit the evolutionists world view quite easily, but i don't seem to remember anything about it in the bible or quran.

Maybe the scientologists had something about it? Eh, who cares.

Live Blogging The Mars Methane Mystery: Aliens At Last? | The Loom | Discover Magazine[/QUOT

The bible is pretty vague when it comes to the creation of things, basically because it wasn't that important to the overall issue of who has the right to rule man. Man himself or God. What could be out there is anyones guess, including scientists, although they will get the credit even though they make observations from only one reference point. Maybe scientists should focus on more relevant things, like the life on this planet. Ironically. they seem to be putting more time and money on looking into whether or not that the bacteria they think is there is life, while here on earth it's not life until 3 months old. hahaha lame.

Evolution seems to reqire no intelligence to have happened but plenty to explain.
Creation requires plenty to do, but little to explain.

mr.brightside32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #76
niloroth

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brightside32 View Post
The bible is pretty vague when it comes to the creation of things, basically because it wasn't that important to the overall issue of who has the right to rule man. Man himself or God. What could be out there is anyones guess, including scientists, although they will get the credit even though they make observations from only one reference point. Maybe scientists should focus on more relevant things, like the life on this planet. Ironically. they seem to be putting more time and money on looking into whether or not that the bacteria they think is there is life, while here on earth it's not life until 3 months old. hahaha lame.

Evolution seems to reqire no intelligence to have happened but plenty to explain.
Creation requires plenty to do, but little to explain.
I keep wanting to comment on your posts, but at the same time, i am not really sure what the hell you are actually saying.

Darkballs "i swear, the 9-11 CT crowd is like a big dick measuring contest for really stupid people under 30."
niloroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #77
mr.brightside32

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by niloroth View Post
I keep wanting to comment on your posts, but at the same time, i am not really sure what the hell you are actually saying.
Sorry. What confuses you, i'll try to explain better.

I have an issue with putting thought to paper, or keyboard. I'd never make a good writer.

mr.brightside32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #78
DrSatanDracula
Banned

Krumbz:

Quote:
Evolution is the CLOSEST thing to fact that humans have - that explains the diversity of ALL life on Earth.
Nothing else has EVER come even REMOTELY near to the evidence that The Theory of Evolution has provided for us.
There are plenty of things more substantiated than evolution. Evolution has revised itself over and over, like all scientific theories must.

Quote:
For example... can anyone think of an alternative theory, based on observation and empirical evidence, for why matter "sticks" to Earth?

No you can't.
Hence...
The Theory of Gravity.
Yes I can, actually: Aristotle's theory of gravity lasted for 2,000 years from c. 500 bc-1500 BC.

Quote:
The Theory of Relativity.
Many think that TOR will be superceded by quantum gravity.

Quote:
The Big Bang Theory.
Continues to be revised and faces serious questions.

Quote:
All 3 are considered FACT. And for VERY good reasons!
No they aren't. There is no fact in science. This is what scientists themselves say. Science takes place w ithin Positivism.

Quote:
Religion and its Bronze Age culture is now impeding REAL Science and misleading millions upon millions of people who don't know any better.
Religion generally has been able to do nothing of the sort ever.

DrSatanDracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #79
Yurii
Thunkin rill deep

Good ol' Mississip.

Yurii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #80
NeenjaVanish

Purple Belt

Quote:
This textbook discusses evolution, a controversial theory some scientists present as a scientific explanation for the origin of living things. No one was present when life first appeared on earth. Therefore, any statement about life's origins should be considered a theory.

Evolution refers to the unproven belief that random, undirected forces produced living things.
That is absolute propaganda, evolution is not a theory on the origins of life. Evolution simply explains the diversity of life. THese people are not telling the truth.

Gentlemen, behold!
NeenjaVanish is offline   Reply With Quote