Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > The War Room

The War Room Gun-toting neocon? Tree-hugging lib? Duke it out in the War Room.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #71
Apple Pie

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Top 10 Reasons Why the Mafia is Better than the State

Old 03-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #72
djacobox372

Silver Belt

Organized crime want you to fear your government, since government is the only thing that protects you from them.

djacobox372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #73
djacobox372

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusterX View Post
You do realize that the organization responsible for the mass murder of the most human beings over the last 100 years is government. Government has proven itself to be ruthless, unforgiving and relentless in its pursuit for ever greater power and control. Even EXCLUDING wars, the governments of the world have managed to kill off several hundred million people. Conservative estimates non-war kills would be 250 million over the last 100 years, with wars, more like 350-400 million people killed at the hands of government. Its really quite strange to watch the government try to scare the piss out of people when it comes to "terrorism" when the number one killer is democide, death by government. People need to wake the F up and realize that the best government is a severely limited and small one.
"governments" as you describe them = "people in charge."

There will always be "people in charge," I'd rather them be elected.

djacobox372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #74
Gotti McCarran
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromb View Post
Finally someone else who knows how it´s done. Bravo.
Absolutely. A third party. That's what you gotta vote for. As a German I have to say I'm super glad we have 5 or 6 meaningful parties, because that way the government never contains the same people. For example we had either one of the two big parties in charge and sometimes both of them. The chancellor was always from one of the two big parties. One is a democratic party and the other conservative. O.k. it does end up looking like the exact same thing, but whatever, the illusion of choice is more sophisticated, right? And that's all that counts.

Fuck these Americans with their laughable two party system, where the president is always from one of the two major parties. Other votes basically don't matter. Such a system would never work with us intelligent Euros. We would definitely revolt if this was done to us. Those fucking dumbass Americans just don't get it.

*points at Americans and ignorantly laughs

Gotti McCarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #75
hitcher
Arguably the perfect human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotti McCarran View Post
Absolutely. A third party. That's what you gotta vote for. As a German I have to say I'm super glad we have 5 or 6 meaningful parties, because that way the government never contains the same people. For example we had either one of the two big parties in charge and sometimes both of them. The chancellor was always from one of the two big parties. One is a democratic party and the other conservative. O.k. it does end up looking like the exact same thing, but whatever, the illusion of choice is more sophisticated, right? And that's all that counts.

Fuck these Americans with their laughable two party system, where the president is always from one of the two major parties. Other votes basically don't matter. Such a system would never work with us intelligent Euros. We would definitely revolt if this was done to us. Those fucking dumbass Americans just don't get it.

Calm down. Vote Piraten.

"I'd do Ronda and Gina," Dana Whute
hitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #76
guilineseguy

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Muse of Fire View Post
huh? Like I said a state is both similar and different to organized crime.

What are these non states that you find appealing? What is the alternative?

u oppose the state, but don't list any alternatives.
I oppose both sides. READ MY SHIT. I never said I am opposed to the states, I never claimed I have alternatives and solutions. What my goal actually was is to get people to see the corruption going on around you. But most, like you. walk through life with blinders on, because it is "safe" and will not upset your "life" . Then use any stupid argument that you can blab out to try and make any one who is going to disrupt your little world.

THE KING HAS LOST HIS CROWN!!!!!
guilineseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #77
guilineseguy

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotti McCarran View Post

Don't say that, they will come and defend why they do it, wwhy it is so good. And then come here and bitch and complain about them. America only does things that are stupid and un important (abortion, animal rights gar marriage etc etc) But change the style of government. No way that will disrupt the whole "american lifestyle" and that scares them. And then they get real retarded with the arguments.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #78
guilineseguy

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacobox372 View Post
"governments" as you describe them = "people in charge."

There will always be "people in charge," I'd rather them be elected.
This is laughable, like your vote really counts for anything. Difference, you are told it makes a difference. So you believe it, just like you believe you live in the freest country in the world...right?

Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #79
guilineseguy

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerB08 View Post
I can embrace the idea of limits on government. Since our society is made up of a lot of different groups, all with their own interests, my question is, who is going to be the arbitor of where that limit is? Is it simple majority rule, or does a certain percentage of the population have to agree on where to cap the governments power?
No body decides...they do what they want. You haven't seen/learned this yet?

Old 03-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #80
guilineseguy

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeast View Post
I disagree that the current government (or in fact any social system) is dangerous at the core of its being; the government reflects the peoples will (or lack of) and that makes it whatever it is - dangerous or otherwise.
ha ha ha ha people actually believe this. You must still be in school.