Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > The War Room

The War Room Gun-toting neocon? Tree-hugging lib? Duke it out in the War Room.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #231
cooks1
No matter where you go-there you are

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComebackKid View Post
Its still thier perogative imo

Let market forces handle universities if its really that big of a deal. Let thier attendence drop.
I think this is what will eventually start happening. Either that, or these schools will cave.

Eventually, insurance companies will actually be able to charge the full additional cost of the premium that does not have the BC coverage on it. Right now they can not. I do not think people have the remotest grasp of how much money BC and other prescription contraception saves insurance companies, and by extension, us.

That would really test the conviction of these absurd places. Are they going to be willing to pay 40% more because they don't want BC on their plans? 50% more? Are employees going to be willing to work for them when they have to pay 50% more for premiums than elsewhere? Will students go to their schools?

People just do not get it. Birth Control is a NET SAVER. For insurance companies. For individuals. For the Government. For everyone. Having it on plans makes them cheaper, much cheaper, not more expensive.

I spent 4 years working as an actuary for Blue Cross. And because I did, I can tell you this with absolute certainty- You are paying more for your insurance premiums because Universities and Hospitals and other places like this do not include BC on their plans.

Insurance is the pooling of risk and costs. Anything like this that makes the cost of health care more expensive, for any plan even if it is not your plan, drives up the aggregate base level from which every insurance company begins their annual actuarial analysis. Everyone just starts making their adjustments from a higher water mark.

I am glad you are willing to pay more so repressed white men can subjugate women in order to appease their Sky Lord. I for one, am not.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #232
walkingdisaster

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast2see View Post
Sandra Fluke complains that she will spend $3k per year for the pill. That averages out to her having sex three times per week.

If we pay for her to have sex, she is a SLUT and we are the PIMPS!

She sees the faces of "those women affected by the lack of contraceptive coverage." The "women suffer financially, emotionally and medically"

I guess she can have an abortion if she gets knocked up.

Sandra Fluke Opening Statement (C-SPAN) - YouTube

Edit: It's such a staged event. She sounds like a whiny little girl.
Might suggest using the quote function when quoting folks just so they don't think it's your line of thought. Friendly suggestion. You can use it by typing [quote ] [/quote ] minus the spaces of course