Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums (http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxing Discussion (http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Neil 'the govenor' Wain vs Denzil Browne??? (http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1864495)

yorkshirepud 10-25-2011 09:16 AM

Neil 'the govenor' Wain vs Denzil Browne???

Its safe to say Neil Wain is a well known character in UFC and MMA! He's all over youtube

He is now making a name in the boxing industry. As some of you may have heard he has boxed at Escapade nightclub in Barnsley twice now and stopped both opponents in the first round including the EBF British Heavy Weight Champ in the first minute!!

Ive now heard that on 4th December he is trying to make it a hatrick in Mustang Sallys in Wakefield taking on ex pro Denzil Browne!!

It will be a very interesting fight, hard hitting brawler vs tough ex pro? What do you guys think? I think it will be explosive to say the least?

Have a look on youtube there is a few videos of him including his boxing fights

Supreme Allah 10-25-2011 11:51 AM

He seems like a tough guy with knockout power but if Browne has anything left he should handle him. I'd like to see Wain fight Kimbo.

trigger100 10-29-2011 02:57 PM

This could turn out to be a big fight for Neil Wain!!! my prediction will be that Neil Wain will knock out Denzil between round 1 and 2...Denzil will be wishing he could turn back the clock 10 years!!
Wainy is a monster....but we will be just too much
I remember Denzil when he was a cruiserweight Champion..He also boxed Dennis Andres, I believe....Love to see Denzil back in action But!!!! he certainly will not be scared but, Wainy will smash him to bits..
Good venue...Mustand Sally's Wakefield...Sunday show...The last two at escapades have been sell out shows...Wainy looks to be a force...THE GUV'NOR... No man in the EBF will stand in front of him...Chris Bacon, Domonique Negus...Wainy will smash them all to bits...great shows...
THE GUV'NOR V THE BOSS Sunday 4th December

WHAT A FIGHT.......CAN'T WAIT......

ZroC 10-29-2011 03:03 PM

Seems there are a lot of cross over boxers from numerous different sports right now. I'd love to see a charity tournament pitting them all against each other.

trigger100 10-29-2011 03:14 PM

Now that would be a good fight...KIMBO V NEIL WAIN...GUV'NOR

Athenry04 10-29-2011 04:37 PM

Where are tickets available, may cross the pennines for this?

bp1983 11-04-2011 05:26 PM

Neil Wain is a great fighter no doubt about it and is untouchable within the EBF however Denzil Browne was a quality operator, if Denzil has half the skill he used to and uses his boxing ability neil will get outboxed for sure if it turns into a slugfest war then who knows !!!

JayElectra 11-04-2011 08:32 PM

Was Wain the guy that rocked Carwin?

trigger100 11-06-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayElectra (Post 60953301)
Was Wain the guy that rocked Carwin?

Yes that was Wain who rocked Carwin...I do believe though that they threw Wainy in too son with that guy....It was wains first contest and they put him in the Carwin...Bad management..Although Wainy will fight any man you get for him...

The fight between Wainy and Denzil does seem to captured peoples imagination in Yorkshire...Denzil was a decent Pro....

Wainy coming off a win against a very tough MMA fight in Belfast 3/4 weeks ago.

I do believe Wainy will beat Denzil at ease...in fact I would go as far to say..Denzil will be lucky to get passed the first barrage of punches..

Denzil will not be scared that's for sure and does deserve respect for taking this fight..

Good luck Denzil...Your gonna need it..

I've been digging about another guy on the bill...Andy Cooper..he was a real veteran in the MMA..real tough kid from Wakefield...See if you can find much on him??

yorkshirepud 11-07-2011 10:44 AM

That show will be the show of the year! I no im going, wouldnt want to miss the fight between denzil n wainy.
I no you can get tickets from Ultimate Physique in castleford, Big Johns Legend gym in featherstone and that matrix gym in doncaster where wainy trains. Theres the boxers numbers on the poster too so try giving them a ring?
Only 4 week to this show theres massive talk about it everywhere!!!
I think denzil might outbox him and hes a tough guy too, wainy is just a bomber