Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Boxing Discussion

Boxing Discussion The Suite of the Sweet Science of Fisticuffs.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:30 AM   #31
SUGARSHANERULEZ

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kabuki View Post
My boy Diego can attest to this. When he met Floyd in person and said to Floyd "yeah I'm trying to make it in the Fight Game, too."

Floyd's immediate response:

"Oh I do that in my sleep."
That sounds about right. Still, it's pretty damn funny.

SUGARSHANERULEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:43 AM   #32
Sinister
Doctor of Doom

vCash: 502
He wasn't being a prick, he was making a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LevantarAthletics

For nutritional/supplement advice e-mail to: luismonda@levantarathletics.com. Tips via paypal appreciated for speedy responses.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #33
BobbyBrez
Promoter

He lives in Spanish Trails, right by where Corrales passed.

Elevate.The.Dream.
L7
BobbyBrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:24 AM   #34
Sinister
Doctor of Doom

vCash: 502
No shit, you know Shane lives right behind where I work, too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LevantarAthletics

For nutritional/supplement advice e-mail to: luismonda@levantarathletics.com. Tips via paypal appreciated for speedy responses.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #35
Cois

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracky View Post
It's not that he hasnt ko'd anybody. It's that I know he has the ability. He knows he has the ability. He says he is going to. Then he lays back and throws 30-40 punches a round content with the decision. If he wasn't like "you can wave the white flag or go out on your back" before every fight, it wouldnt be such a big deal, but the fact that he promotes fights one way and then gives us a glorified sparring session is what burns me.

His personality is obviously weak. DO you think people with strong personalities have to rely on the villain role? Do you think people with strong personalities have to walk around with 500,000 dollar rings (price tag hanging) and 15 gs of money to "make it rain"? Come on man. Sugar Ray Leonard had a strong personality. He didnt have to throw money at cameras to distract people away from the fact that he had no personality. That's why he got endorsement deal after endorsement deal and was a household name. Floyd has all the skill in the world and the million dollar dollar smile. The only reason that he's not as big as Sugar Ray was in because of his personality flaws.
He can't go for KOs because of his hands. Since his fighting style because of his hands is not fan friendly he matches that with a not fan friendly act to sell better. The fighters that are loved are exciting in the ring in terms of brawling and knockouts. Ali did the whole trash talk better than everyone shit too, but no one now talks about that being a problem.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:37 AM   #36
Crusty D
#3 top line

Anybody find a place us canadians can watch this?

Crusty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:03 AM   #37
Quintessons

Blue Belt

He did this during the De La Hoya Mayweather 24/7....He has a lot of expensive cars that he does not know shit about, and his friend only knows how to say stuff like 24" in wheels. Floyd is still a dumbass even with all the money in the world.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:09 AM   #38
Spawned_Fighter

haha, Floyd being Floyd, hes cocky but hes funny at the same time, what a character.
oh and....damn his house is fantastic.

I Ching...whatever man. We got to roll with it...
Spawned_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 AM   #39
Cracky

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cois View Post
He can't go for KOs because of his hands. Since his fighting style because of his hands is not fan friendly he matches that with a not fan friendly act to sell better. The fighters that are loved are exciting in the ring in terms of brawling and knockouts. Ali did the whole trash talk better than everyone shit too, but no one now talks about that being a problem.
1) Mayweathers hand problems are long gone. He throws 8000 punches a day in practice. My hands shake badly for hours after only 1/4th of that. You cant tell me he has bad hands if he throws that many. I think when he was younger he was throwing punches wrong and hurting his hands, but now he's corrected that. He sure turned it up and got Chop chop out of there. He just had to put himself in harms way to do it. .. which leads me to Ali

2) Ali talked a whole bunch of mess, but he also put himself in harms way to try to best his opponent without the assistance of the judges. When you watch Ali, you come away knowing that he thought he was the better man regardless of where the fight went. You dont see that with PBF. He's just too cautious.. which wouldnt be a prob like I said... but you cant talk like sonny liston and fight like Willie Pep and expect people to buy your gimic.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:17 AM   #40
Bas Rutten Gear

Black Belt

Fuckin PIMP! I love Floyd. That was bad ass.