Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums (http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Goons Gang (http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1933785)

eastNYgoon138 12-18-2011 10:54 PM

Goons Gang

The Gang

eastNYgoon318
Knucklesangwich
Keosawa
Oblivion
jacketwrestler1
thebestbaldwin
toonie
Kripto
TheeFaulted

The Lifts

Here are the general rules for each lift. This can be added to.

-Deadlift: No hitching or ramping. If you are using straps at the beginning, it must be noted. If it's not noted and you use them in your final video, it won't count!

-Bench: No bouncing. Feet must be on the floor, but heels do not have to touch. Rear end has to be in contact with the bench the whole time. Spotter cannot touch bar after lift off. If you are using a suit, please note it with your starting #. If you are in a suit or any gear at the end and it's not noted in the starting #, it won't count! Also, PLEASE NOTE IN YOUR STARTING TOTAL IF YOU ARE DOING PAUSED. We do not want people switching from paused to TnG mid-competition to inflate gains. Paused bench is fine as long as your final video is also paused.

If you do not use a belt for your opening numbers than you can not use one for your ending videos***

*Wrist wraps are allowed on everything. Sleeves are allowed on everything. You just have to note gear, wraps, etc.

The Numbers

Goon
Starting dead lift 525
Current dead lift 535

Starting bench press 255
Current bench press 275

Progress 30lbs

Knucklesangwich
Starting dead lift 500
Current dead lift 530

Starting bench 250
Current bench 275

Progress
55 lbs

Keosawa
Starting dead lift 555
Current dead lift 560

Starting bench 315
Current bench 315

Progress 5 lbs

Oblivion
Starting dead lift 510
Current dead lift 510

Starting bench press 277.5
Current bench press 277.5

Progress 0 lbs

jacketwrestler1
Starting dead lift 450
Current dead lift

Starting bench press 315
Current bench press

thebestbaldwin
Starting dead lift 465
Current dead lift

Starting bench 350
Current bench

toonie
Starting dead lift 435
Current dead lift

Starting bench press 235
Current bench press

Kripto
Starting dead lift 365
Current dead lift 405

Starting bench press 255
Current bench press

TheeFaulted
Starting dead lift 485
Current dead lift 495

Starting bench press 300
Current bench press

eastNYgoon138 12-18-2011 10:54 PM

Hey guys. If everyone could check in within the next few days it would be cool. I'd rather not have to send out a bunch of PMs. So just let me know you know you're on the team and give me your goals for the bench and DL, the numbers you think you can realisiticly hit by July.

I promise to keep this thing updated and stay on top of my shit, I hope you guys do the same. Deserters will be hunted down.

This worked out very well for me because I had most of you guys in mind before the draft. I wanted a team that was fairly close to one another in terms of strength. I think it will be really great motivation for us. I also wanted a strong team because that's the entire point of this competition... to get stronger. I didn't want to pick a bunch of noobs with sub 300lb pulls just to inflate our total at the end. I wanted a big strong team who is going to push one another. Even though most of us have high starting numbers I don't see any reason why we can't get some significant increases. The fact that we have the higher numbers means we've been doing something right and are serious about training. So lets do our best to help one another.

Ohyea, the team name. Start throwing ideas around. I think it would be cool if we could get "death lift" in there. Or "Iron Mountain", a name I've been playing around with.

eastNYgoon138 12-18-2011 10:55 PM

Kripto 12-18-2011 11:38 PM

Hey broddaa, haven't been to a computer all day.. Long night of partying yesterday (just finished my finals)

and I have possibly the worst hangover I have ever experienced.

Hopefully I'll hit 275 on bench and 405 on deadlift..

But I know I'll be able to pull more... But i'll keep the bar low for now.

Kripto 12-18-2011 11:45 PM

Damnit my lifts are so much lower then all yours...

I will catch up!

LegioTitan 12-19-2011 12:14 AM

You got jacket and three faulted. Well played sir.

toonie 12-19-2011 05:25 AM

Damn.. Some real monsters on our team.

Oblivian 12-19-2011 06:39 AM

I noted this in the main thread but I will also post it here to document it - My starting bench video is not with a belt. I have been using a belt recently on bench. I am not putting up 277.5 lbs with a belt now. There is a good chance that I will be lifting with a belt in the final video, but as I said, it's not as if I"m putting up more with a belt right now so I don't think it's giving an advantage.

Are we logging everything in here or just bench + deads? I'm chasing #'s in other lifts right now, but I plan to rewrite my program for 2012 to revolve around bench + deads.

toonie 12-19-2011 06:45 AM

I plan to log my overhead work and heavy pulls (clean and snatch grip).

I'm also hoping to test my maxes on the bench and deadlift sometime this week.

KnuckleSangwich 12-19-2011 07:30 AM

Checking in. We have a sick team. Strongest by nearly 500lbs and in some cases almost 2,000lbs on current DL and Bench combined. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but we've got some dedicated guys.