Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
hypotyposis

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Retail Stores that are closed on weekends?

So I have about 3 years of Assistant Manager experience and about a year and a half of Manager experience that I currently have at my job now. It's an office job and my assistant manager experience was at a retail store.

Well I fear the economy is going to cause me to lose my job soon so I've been preemptively searching for a new one. I've started looking back at retail stores as I enjoyed life much more talking to customers and co-workers daily than sitting in a frickin' office.

But I really don't want to give up my weekends that I've grown accustomed to. Thus I want to find a retail store that is closed on weekends. I don't mind working nights so much.

I know Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sundays so that'd be close, but ideally I want full weekends off. I live in Austin, TX if you have store ideas that are only regional.

Wanderlei has a staredown that makes you think 'this is gonna hurt' but Fedor's makes you think 'shit, I might die.'

I wish I had ataraxia.
hypotyposis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
panchosancho
Banned

What is this, the 1950's?

panchosancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
hypotyposis

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchosancho View Post
What is this, the 1950's?
As far as jobs go, I wish.

Wanderlei has a staredown that makes you think 'this is gonna hurt' but Fedor's makes you think 'shit, I might die.'

I wish I had ataraxia.
hypotyposis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
TheGoodCat

Brown Belt

Most factory/production line work have weekends off.

TheGoodCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
Codex Gigas

Purple Belt

Some of the discount ones are open only on the weekends. It doesn't make sense for retail stores to be closed on the weekends because that's when most people do their shopping.

The ones that are closed on Sundays usually have religious owners or are trying to pander to that community. They'll still be open on Saturday (unless they're Jewish) or Friday (unless they're Muslim), but still open one day on the weekend...

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."
Codex Gigas is offline   Reply With Quote