Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
Avarice
The Burrito Hunter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawned_Fighter View Post
Quality link there

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First, the question on everybody’s minds: Why did Hodor randomly run into a scene naked?
DAVID BENIOFF: Equal opportunity nudity. There’s a line in the book about him having the blood of giants, and you need to see him for that line to play. And we didn’t want to do the coy Austin Powers joke where he’s covered up by a french baguette or something.
D.B. WEISS: I just feel, what’s so scary about d–ks? Half the people in the world have them, why not put them on television? Now if we ever show [the eunuch] Varys naked…
DB: Good idea, write that down.

4-0 official shoop record
Sherdog Shoop Staffel
f7>
Old 06-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #22
WalkenWouldOwn
WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
According to a Wiki of Ice and Fire this is Jaqen H'ghar:

but couldnt it be Rorge?
I mean it would be pretty hard to find someone with the special feature of rorge as an actor.

here´ s a pic of all three:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i dont know, he could it be or he could be under the cloak

anyways: Valar Morghulis
It's 100% Rorge. He is described in the book as basically not having a nose, hence the disfigurement.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #23
GoForkYourself
The stars my destination...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
but couldnt it be Rorge?
yeah i thought that was rorge since his nose is messed up. and i assume jaqen is under the cloak.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #24
Francis Rossi
Here's a song for ya

vCash: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
Quality link there

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First, the question on everybody’s minds: Why did Hodor randomly run into a scene naked?
DAVID BENIOFF: Equal opportunity nudity. There’s a line in the book about him having the blood of giants, and you need to see him for that line to play. And we didn’t want to do the coy Austin Powers joke where he’s covered up by a french baguette or something.
D.B. WEISS: I just feel, what’s so scary about d–ks? Half the people in the world have them, why not put them on television? Now if we ever show [the eunuch] Varys naked…
DB: Good idea, write that down.
I remember that scene from the book. Didn't occur to me that it'd end up in the show, but I should have guessed. From the sound of it, he'd need a whole baguette to cover it up...

XBL: francisrossi
PSN: mistersting
Steam: johnafirth

How is babby formed?
Old 06-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #25
WalkenWouldOwn
WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Quote from Fanu-
"well atleast the book is interesting on ALL other fronts

literally every other character has some serious shit going on
i'm breaking some kind of records reading this book lol, havent stop reading in hours, god knows when was the last time i saw a movie or played a game.. "

100% agreed, I cannot put this book down. GoT I burned through quickly but this one has me completely immersed.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #26
GoForkYourself
The stars my destination...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkenWouldOwn View Post
Quote from Fanu-
"well atleast the book is interesting on ALL other fronts

literally every other character has some serious shit going on
i'm breaking some kind of records reading this book lol, havent stop reading in hours, god knows when was the last time i saw a movie or played a game.. "

100% agreed, I cannot put this book down. GoT I burned through quickly but this one has me completely immersed.
it was the same way for me. i've read books really quickly before but not regularly. i'd say it usually takes me a couple weeks to finish a book but with the whole song of ice and fire series i was finishing each of the books in a few days.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #27
Doughbelly
α-nerd, general purpose

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunAndGun View Post
the 'clean way' is just to spoiler tag anything you think may be one.
This forum doesn't have spoiler tags. It has a not very good workaround:

Quote:
It is not hard to highlight and read text and that makes it very easy for those who want to avoid spoilers to do.
Here's what the forum looks like on iPhone/iPad (or any mobile device, really):

I have a netbook set on this theme as well.

Here's what Sherdog looks like on my main machine (for a number of reasons, black text on white is superior):

As you yourself brought up, the mere mention of a character's name being alive in Book X is something of a minor spoiler. It gets to a point that you can't discuss anything without spoilering it for someone.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #28
feedmelies
You done goof'd

Spoilers should always be tagged. If you decide to read the thread on a different device or with different colors, that's your own issue.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #29
Doughbelly
α-nerd, general purpose

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmelies View Post
Spoilers should always be tagged. If you decide to read the thread on a different device or with different colors, that's your own issue.
It doesn't matter to me, because I've read the books. There's nothing that can be spoiled for me.

If you want to protect people from spoilers, then workaround spoiler tag doesn't necessarily work for all readers. A real spoiler tag would and isn't that hard to implement on vBulletin.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #30
FlawlessVictory
making bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughbelly View Post
A real spoiler tag would and isn't that hard to implement on vBulletin.
Someone should make a Thread about it in the Support Forum, i think we could get enough People behind that.

Its not just for Movies,Books etc you could also post Fight endings in the spoiler tag.

Even small Forums are able to do that, why shouldnt such a big Forum like SD that probably earns a lot not do this.

Closed Thread