Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
kramer733
Banned

vCash: 500
My voice can't hit high notes anymore! WHY!?

Ok so a few days ago i went to karaoke and realized i couldn't hit high notes anymore. When i was a little boy, it was easier but now my voice is all deep. I don't know why i lost the ability to hit high notes though. Is there any way to regain it? Would taking vocal lessons help?

kramer733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
Teknik

Purple Belt

puberty is a bitch. Soon you will also begin to find hair where there was no hair before.

If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will
become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Teknik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Ratiocinative

Yellow Belt

You hit puberty, congrats.

But really, once the voice is finished developing, you should be able to hit them again.

Ratiocinative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
kramer733
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratiocinative View Post
You hit puberty, congrats.

But really, once the voice is finished developing, you should be able to hit them again.
Um...... i'm 19 and i still can't hit the notes at all. My voice is also very monotoned from what most people tell me. Should i go to speech therapy? I mean i'd like my voice to have more character in it.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
Ratiocinative

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer733 View Post
Um...... i'm 19 and i still can't hit the notes at all. My voice is also very monotoned from what most people tell me. Should i go to speech therapy? I mean i'd like my voice to have more character in it.
I was just kidding ^.^

I'd read this if you're confused about the singing aspect: My voice broke! I can?t sing anymore. Will it ever come back? | Celestial Voices (it sounds a 'tad patronizing but sums everything up carefully)

As for the monotone part, I read listening to interesting voices and imitating can help. But if you really want to change it, seeing a speech therapist is the way to go.

Ratiocinative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
Toda Hiro-matsu
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer733 View Post
Maybe you should wait until you're finished puberty.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #7
Nizar
Banned

You just need the right type of motivation.

I'll throw a bag full of spiders on your lap... you'll hit them high notes for sure

Nizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
Teknik

Purple Belt

I find it funny that you're asking about hitting high notes in a forum that is frequented by sports/mma fans. I don't think there are a lot of people here with experience on belting out that Celien Dion style (sp) high note.

If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will
become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Teknik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
grachuss

Purple Belt

Danni Filth can't shriek anymore, don't take it personally.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
kramer733
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknik View Post
I find it funny that you're asking about hitting high notes in a forum that is frequented by sports/mma fans. I don't think there are a lot of people here with experience on belting out that Celien Dion style (sp) high note.
It's mostly for doing those girly voices at karaoke. My friend hits them like it's nothing and they're so accurate and his voice is actually amazing for somebody who sings casually for fun. I also want to start trying to sing while i'm playing guitar. Though i've only been playing guitar for less than a month but i'd like to have a good voice that can hit all notes. From high to low and accurately.