Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
skiffle band

vCash:
Icon8 is the military a good choice if you can't get your together?

i have always had some interest in the military, but didn't really like the idea of the stress and danger. basically, i am lazy as hell.

but after graduating university, i feel like i'm turning to slime not doing anything productive. i don't really want a local, mundane, minimum wage kind of job. wanted to get some creative projects started but i just find myself frustrated, depressed and lacking discipline.

so i've come to a point in my life where i am disillusioned with everything and think that the discipline of the military might get me off my ass and put me into gear. my only doubt is that maybe it will just add stress i'm not prepared for and put me over the edge

anyone think this is a good idea/bad idea? i was thinking an infantry officer role (this is probably very dangerous?)

Old 11-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Three Gun Fish
♪ WE EAT FISH ♫

vCash: 500
Yes, but then I am not of the belief life is precious. If your life is precious to you, then maybe the National Guard. Or missionary work.

Of course, what I really suggest is putting your brain to some good use. Start practicing now. Later on it gets more difficult to get in gear.

Three Gun Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
phillys-finest

Black Belt

All my friends who didn't come to school/failed ....are now in basic training or whatever... I have nearly 20 friends in the army... I laugh because they said the black guy was going to fail ...im not in the army because i couldn't pass now am i.

Prayer does work and ALLAH is greater.

Samdog VP
phillys-finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Lubaolong

vCash:
Military members are grossly overpaid in my opinion, so for someone who isn't going to do anything with his life, the military is a very good option.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
maxkamus

Orange Belt

The military has never been a good choice for anyone. Think very carefully about this choice, because it could lead to a premature ending of your life or you ending someone elses life.

Your life will not change until you and only you decide to change. Groups like the military can only force you to do things, what if they tell you to do something you feel is wrong?

Right now you have freedom to choose where your life is going, don't give that away.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
Oblivian
Aging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubaolong View Post
Military members are grossly overpaid in my opinion, so for someone who isn't going to do anything with his life, the military is a very good option.
I agree with this.

Oblivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
F[o]rged

Purple Belt

Quote:
Oh here we go...

- Victor Hugo
F[o]rged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
NaglfarCommando
Ryann Von Doom

Quote:
Overpaid? lol You'd fit in right in at Berkeley there doucher.

UFC = Budlight.. Watered down MMA
The Roddy Piper of MMA
NaglfarCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
PaulyMolitor***
Banned

By the sound of things the world won't skip a beat if you die... Go for it!

PaulyMolitor*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
Tropics1020

Brown Belt

It's a tempting option for high school kids who are about to graduate, i almost went in the army but gladly i came to my senses. I think most high school seniors contemplate joing the army because It gets you away from your parents, and you get to shoot guns and shit. I could never put my life in the hands of politicians, so that's why I didn't join.

Tropics1020 is offline   Reply With Quote