Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Lionel Mandrake

Blue Belt

vCash: 3966
Iranian girl that was beaten to death saves lives in the U.S.

This is a story from my small home town in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Sanaz Nezami was beaten to death by her husband, but her death resulted in saving 7 American lives from her donated organs.

Quote:
The tragic death of a young woman earlier this month has brought life to seven others around the country - some of whom are children - after the woman's family in Iran gave permission to Marquette General Hospital to donate her organs
Quote:
Nezami was considered a rare "ideal donor" and five surgical teams from four states converged on Marquette General where, incredibly, they were able to successfully recover her heart, lungs, liver, pancreas, kidneys and intestines for donation. Because of her small stature, some of her organs have gone to save the lives of children - including her heart, which was transplanted in a 12-year-old girl
Quote:
Sanaz (pronounced SAH-nah) had only in recent weeks moved from Tehran, Iran to Dollar Bay in Houghton County with Nassiri to begin a doctorate program in Environmental Engineering at Michigan Tech University next semester. After the alleged assault, Sanaz was taken to Portage Health Hospital in Hancock for her injuries. From there, she was transported to Marquette General early on Dec. 9, where extensive testing established that she had suffered massive head trauma which left her with virtually no brain activity.
Quote:
Sanaz also did a lot of charity work for the mentally challenged, the sick and the homeless. Though she was a Muslim, she also was part of a Christian congregation and believed that most of the differences between Christians and Muslims were superficial.
Quote:
The U.S. no longer has an embassy in Iran so police were attempting to coordinate with diplomats at the Pakistani embassy in Tehran to locate Sanaz's family and give them the news in person. The doctors and nurses at Marquette General realized that this could take days, if not longer.

What happened next can be only a testament to the power of the Internet, and to the compassion of the registered nurses in Marquette General's ICU: Brandly googled Sanaz, discovered her resume - which listed a phone number - and she and the RNs in the ICU decided to try to contact Sanaz's family that way
Full Article.http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co...on_object_map=[186321051569092]&action_type_map=[%22og.recommends%22]&action_ref_map=[]

Lionel Mandrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Jimmy Tuna

Black Belt

vCash: 886
damn onions...

Jimmy Tuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
KnightTemplar
Dark Knight Detective

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Tuna View Post
damn onions...
It's dusty in here...

I sincerely hope that the remainder of her husband/murderer's life is both brief and as unpleasant as humanly possible.

Officer of Team KGB: Game of Death(Lifts) Champions 2013

Member of the JLA: Winners of the Dark Knight Trophy 2014
KnightTemplar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
RogerTheAlien

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Begs the question is the unjust loss of one life worth saving seven others? One of those World of Warcraft wizard questions. Would you give your life to save 7 people?

RogerTheAlien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
faustian
AUDACIOUS

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
Would you give your life to save 7 people?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

faustian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
Satanical Eve
Cro Cop's Left Leg

Quote:
Begs the question is the unjust loss of one life worth saving seven others? One of those World of Warcraft wizard questions. Would you give your life to save 7 people?
A part of me says I would but then the selfish part of me says no fucking way. I am however an organ donor and hopefully can be of some use when I die to someone else.

I ended up becoming one after I had a corneal transplant in my right eye and someone who recently died had their cornea donated to me.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
IIIIIIII

Gold Belt

Quote:
no way, in my opinion. if you agree with this, then you are justifying the action to begin with. the focus should be on the validity of the act itself, not the results.

point-nerds: fans of mma who enjoy fighters that attempt to win fights on points-alone, that do not fight for a finish.
IIIIIIII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
Wolveswithkeys
something awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIIIIII View Post
no way, in my opinion. if you agree with this, then you are justifying the action to begin with. the focus should be on the validity of the act itself, not the results.
what if it was wizard related?

Wolveswithkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
Spycho

Green Belt

vCash: 50
I hope her husband is donating his organs on a daily basis in the prison gang bangs.

Spycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
faustian
AUDACIOUS

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spycho View Post
I hope her husband is donating his organs on a daily basis in the prison gang bangs.
Doubtful. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said homosexuality doesn't exist in Iran.

faustian is offline   Reply With Quote