Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
Feb 2007
o ****

vCash: 500
I am pissed right the f*** off (how long does dog hair grow back?)

It takes a great feat of asshole-ery to get to the point of agitation that I am at right now. Sure, I may flame the odd poster then and there, but nothing compares to the fucking bullshit of what just occurred.

It's the middle of summer, I have family from across the country coming over, and I have a very beautiful (well, was) pooch named Keegan. Keegan is a Shetland Sheepdog, who along with being very beautiful is also very energetic and upbeat. My sister and her children are coming over to my house next week. I intentionally didn't send them a picture of my dog Keegan, just so I can surprise her and my 8 and 4 year old nephews with just how beautiful this dog is. To give you an example of what Keegan lookED like, here is a picture off wikipedia. It looks just like Keegan DID:

Look, I am no over the top pet psycho, the ones who truly deserve medical help. I value human life more than an animals, but I do love my pets and treat them as if they are part of the family. I feed them regularly, I brush their hair and teeth, walk them everyday. Everything. I know some failing stand up comics on this forum will try to test out their new material and experiment with what string of adjectives they can come up with for an insult for taking this too serious or obsessing over my dog. I don't care, and if you were in my sandals you would be feel the same way I do.

So back on subject, my sister and her kids are coming over next week. I decide to bring my dog to a pet grooming salon. Get a trim, clean him off, fluff him up anything to make him even more presentable. I bring him to the Pink Poodle and I tell this fat ass kid whose mom probably works there and he has nothing to do so he takes people's requests from behind the counter.

Me: Hey there, can I get a trim for my dog, Keegan.
Fat fuck: Uh, ok
Me: I just want his hair trimmed down a bit, you know, have him look good
Fat fuck: Ok $40 when you get back
Me: Thank you. Have a nice day.
Fat fuck: Bye

(you probably already know what's going to happen)

So I come back home and I take it easy on the old Sherdog forum. Whilst makin' and postin' gifs of the new UFC video game, the Mensa members at the Pink Fuckers where butchering my dog. They call me up and it's time to pick up my dog. I walk into the shop, and I can't wait to see my pet.

Bitch: Hey there Rob! Keegan looks absolutely beautiful!
Me: Thank you very much! I appreciate it
Bitch: No problem, are you ready for the moment of truth!?
Me: Lets bring him out!
(they get this seemingly random dog out from the back)
Bitch: Here you go!
Me: I think you got the wrong dog.
Bitch: Nope! This is Keegan all trimmed up.
Me: Eh, heh, yeah. That's his red face and all.
Bitch: Doesn't your dog look great.
Me: What...the....FUCK~!!!!

I had them give me my dog and I stormed out of that place without paying them a damn dime. I don't care, they have The People's Court call me up and they can sue me for $40 I don't fucking care.

I guess this is my fault, because I didn't know "trim" meant SHAVE OFF ALL YOUR FUCKING DOGS HAIR. My dog now looks like this, except the face still has the red fur on it:

My dog looks totally different. The fuckers ruined my dog for god knows how long and for my family. My dog is also visibly affected by it, because now he has been sleeping on the bed since I arrived here. He knows his coat was a source of beauty for him, and they fucking cut it all off. Fucking noobs. It doesn't help him in the summer they should fucking know that.

Now, with my question: does anyone know how long dog's hair can grow back?

Old 07-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
Theprospect26

Black Belt

The dog looks like a pig now......

Theprospect26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Feb 2007
o ****

Note the two pictures in this thread are not of my dog.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
Three Gun Fish
♪ WE EAT FISH ♫

It took a while for my dachshund to get her hair back where they shaved her for the spaying. Even after a month there was still a noticeable difference.

It's not so bad. It'll grow back, maybe all shitty. But hell, it's a dog. Two days down the line it'll be fine. Two months down the line, so will you.

Three Gun Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #5
MMAfan007

Purple Belt

I doubt it takes too long for dog hair to grow back. Make sure the dog doesn't get a sunburn in the meantime.

MMAfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
Theprospect26

Black Belt

Yeah, for the time being the dog can't be outside in the sun too much. There's also vitamins you can give the dog to make the hair grow back nice and full, and faster.

Theprospect26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
Three Gun Fish
♪ WE EAT FISH ♫

Should've gotten the fallen hair for the trimmers and fashioned a dog sweater.

Three Gun Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
villin
The Bad

Hahaha, that's hilarious. Maybe you could spray paint it or something to make it look better until the fur grows back.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #9
gasguzzler

Brown Belt

Go back to the dog salon, ask for the hair back and once you leave from there, stop by the store and get some glue.

gasguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #10
Jay Pan ROKK
! The Mind is a Myth !

Hahaha, sorry but it is funny somehow.

I know i would not be laughing if it happened to my dog.

How and why myth influence matter ?
Is reality digital or continuous ?
Jay Pan ROKK is offline   Reply With Quote