Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
largemansmay***
Banned

vCash: 500
How to tell if a filling has fallen off your teeth?

I got some dentist work done a few months ago and I didn't really trust the dentist. She didn't seem to do a good job and I only went to her because she was at my school...my other friend that went there had the same feeling as well. Anyway, over the past few days my teeth have been hurting where I believe I had a filling. So rubbing my tongue across this area I have noticed it feels like there is no filling. But, to be honest, I am not sure that there was a filling there in the first place (I know...retarded). Anyway, is there any way that I can tell if a filling has fallen out of my mouth? I looked in the mirror and it looks normal and I can't see a hole, but I don't really have the best angle on it. Anyway, any of you know about this?

largemansmay*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
thebluerider
positronic brain

vCash: 50
Go see another dentist?

-Doomer
thebluerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
largemansmay***
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluerider View Post
Go see another dentist?
I forgot to mention I am poor and would like to avoid this.

largemansmay*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
Three Gun Fish
♪ WE EAT FISH ♫

No, that was apparent. tbr simply doesn't care.

First thing I would do is ask your dentist whether she put in a filling or not. Maybe she didn't.

Three Gun Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
thebluerider
positronic brain

vCash: 50
Call this lady back and tell her there is something wrong and you need her to check her work. I have not had a filling in years, but mine are pretty easy to see. She sound kinda sheisty, though, so I wouldn't trust her.

-Doomer
thebluerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
Sonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by largemansmay View Post
I got some dentist work done a few months ago and I didn't really trust the dentist. She didn't seem to do a good job and I only went to her because she was at my school...my other friend that went there had the same feeling as well. Anyway, over the past few days my teeth have been hurting where I believe I had a filling. So rubbing my tongue across this area I have noticed it feels like there is no filling. But, to be honest, I am not sure that there was a filling there in the first place (I know...retarded). Anyway, is there any way that I can tell if a filling has fallen out of my mouth? I looked in the mirror and it looks normal and I can't see a hole, but I don't really have the best angle on it. Anyway, any of you know about this?
Is it really sensitive? What happens if cold water hits it? When you chew food does it hurt?

April 2nd 1982 - January 8th 2014
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
Old Hickory**
Banned

^^^This. Also is there a fucking hole in your tooth? It is a FILLING after all. This thread makes me want to punch a puppy in the balls.

Old Hickory** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
Sonny

If the filling is missing, trust me, you will know it. It fucking hurts.

April 2nd 1982 - January 8th 2014
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Three Gun Fish
♪ WE EAT FISH ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
^^^This. Also is there a fucking hole in your tooth? It is a FILLING after all. This thread makes me want to punch a puppy in the balls.
Tiny mirrors. How do they work?

Three Gun Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #10
Ratiocinative

Yellow Belt

Ask the dentist who did it if she put one in or not. And I found out my filling fell out because it did it while I was eating. It tasted pretty disgusting. It was a temp one (I think), so that's probably why, but it was awful and really hurt. If you've ever had a weird ass taste in your mouth randomly one time, then maybe it has. I had a bad dentist too, he pulled a nerve out when drilling my teeth and he didn't even numb my mouth properly, we switched after that. Fucking idiot.

Ratiocinative is offline   Reply With Quote