Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
nemesis42

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
How to play hard to get/Act like you dont care

I saw another thread that asked for help with women and also need some help and hopefully some of you might help. ive never been one to play hard to get as a matter of fact im the total opposite and thats one of the reasons why i believe that i have failed in some of my relationships. so my question is when talking to a girl how do i play hard to get because the girl i am talking to says that she likes challenges and when a girl breaks up with you how do you act like you dont really care?

nemesis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
Volund
Mighty Healthy

vCash: 300
Just realize that attraction and love exists because of hormones. When you understand that your feelings are simply chemicals in your brain, it's easier to rationalize them. And understand that it really dosn't matter that if you stay with her or sleep with her or not.

Also, read some poems by Ikkyu.

Quote:
We appear as skeletons covered with skin -- male and female -- and lust after each other. When the breath expires, though, the skin ruptures, sex disappears, and there is no more high or low. Underneath the skin of the person we fondle and caress right now is nothing more than a set of bare bones. Think about it -- high and low, young and old, male and female, all are the same.

After all they can only hang you once.
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
Soma
Gettin' dem sponsor's, yo!

No matter how hard you try to play hard to get your neediness will come through and repel the girl. You're trying to cut the multitude of branches in your way but what you really need to do is chop the tree down and dig up the root. Otherwise no matter how hard you struggle the branches, aka your problems, will continue to come back.

If you want to appear hard to get...you must actually BE hard to get. And to do that you must not care about getting the girl. Counter-intuitive, no? Sounds harder than it is. All you need to do is pursue the things you've always wanted to try but haven't for whatever reason. Find your passion(s) and pursue it/them.

Doing the above will create confidence in yourself and a wealth of life experience, making you a more interesting person. You'll have things going for you and a sense of fulfillment. All this will naturally make you more attractive to women and because you have things going on in your life you won't be needy. You'll be busy doing other things. THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL BE HARD TO GET.

Last edited by Soma; 02-11-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Soma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
nemesis42

Blue Belt

thanks for the response ill give those a shot

nemesis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
niven
Banned

forget about al these stratgys and ways off thinking

ether get rich or get famious

niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #6
The Stainy Yak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
No matter how hard you try to play hard to get your neediness will come through and repel the girl. You're trying to cut the multitude of branches in your way but what you really need to do is chop the tree down and dig up the root. Otherwise no matter how hard you struggle the branches, aka your problems, will continue to come back.

If you want to appear hard to get...you must actually BE hard to get. And to do that you must not care about getting the girl. Counter-intuitive, no? Sounds harder than it is. All you need to do is pursue the things you've always wanted to try but haven't for whatever reason. Find your passion(s) and pursue it/them.

Doing the above will create confidence in yourself and a wealth of life experience, making you a more interesting person. You'll have things going for you and a sense of fulfillment. All this will naturally make you more attractive to women and because you have things going on in your life you won't be needy. You'll be busy doing other things. THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL BE HARD TO GET.
Very well said, it's not something you can really just act or fake as especially with women/love it's hard not to become controlled by your emotions. You have to kind of be an arrogant indifferent kind of guy with women which comes from confidence from your career/personal skills or how you perceive your personality and yourself aesthetically. Beggars can't be choosers and if you can afford to choose you don't need to beg.

You have to know you appeal to women and that has to be a reality not a delusion. You have to be confident without being a downright asshole, if you have any kind of qualms or feeling of remorse about being a prick at times and putting a woman in her place (verbally) it won't happen. Can still be somewhat of a gentleman and not be a puppy dog that put up with inane female whiny shit.

To play hard to get, instead of doing your usual rigmarole which probably consists of sickening sweet talk, try teasing the girl, (don't say she has a fat ass for fucks sake) do something different from what every other guy does. It's hard to generalise though, some girls subconsciously are attracted to the hard to get guys, some girls spot it as being a pretentious wanker. If they ever call you that, just say "hey, I'm not pretentious!" and wink.

The Stainy Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:16 PM   #7
dnme01

Green Belt

just keep busy, if u playing video games tell her ur doing stuff for work

dnme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #8
OmegaRED.

Brown Belt

I'm a firm believer in the hard to get policy but as the above guys said you really have to be committed to it or it'll backfire and you'll look desperate. Ultimately, I don't think it's the best tactic for getting women unless you're using it on several at the same time so you'll be less tempted to falter.

2005 Introduced to Pride FC
2005-Present MMA Lover
OmegaRED. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:12 AM   #9
Amar
Feelin' Froggy? Leap

I think I am the master of this, because I really don't care. At the same time I have lost opportunities due to doing this too long.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:12 AM   #10
Hamm
Short and Murderous

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis42 View Post
I saw another thread that asked for help with women and also need some help and hopefully some of you might help. ive never been one to play hard to get as a matter of fact im the total opposite and thats one of the reasons why i believe that i have failed in some of my relationships. so my question is when talking to a girl how do i play hard to get because the girl i am talking to says that she likes challenges and when a girl breaks up with you how do you act like you dont really care?
best bet is to not really care....

I recently played the hard to get card to the point where I didnt get anything, because I am a dumb ass. life has taught me sincerity is your best bet.