Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
JPost
Squirt!

vCash: 500
Icon8 (Future) Mother In-Law, Pain In The FUCKING Ass

So it seems like I'm about to gain the classic mother in-law straight from fucking hell.

My girlfriend and I just moved in to a new apartment together. Her mother is just one of "those" women that constantly gets on your nerves. Constantly talking about "what you should do" and "do this" and "do that" or "I think you should" BULLSHIT. All she has done is bitch about any little problem in the apartment (we're renting for fuck's sake, it's not going to be perfect).

She's a clean freak. She's a religious nut job (I'm 100% opposite).

Once she reccomends something she basicly thinks we're going with what she says and that is that. Turn the page to this clock she thinks we are buying. She keeps going on and on about this fucking 4' diameter clock we need to hang up behind our new sofa. The fucking clock is $100. I'm not spending $100 on a clock. My girlfriend constantly gives in to her mother and won't stand up for herself. My girlfriend doesn't want the clock either but keeps going along with whatever her mother says and is scared to say she doesn't want it.

I'm on the verge of telling the mother to fucking shove it up her ass but I haven't yet. Is this the route I should go? Should I just tell her to fuck off with all her opinions and stupid ass suggestions and complaints? Will that fix anything?

I have a very short temper and am afraid if I start I won't end until I have her in tears. Who gives a fuck. I'd rather hold her head underwater until the bubbles stop and then shit in her mouth while poking out her eyes with a fucking screwdriver, but I can't do that.

Anyways, how is the mother in-law from hell dealt with?

Old 05-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Dark God

Blue Belt

I wouldnt advise takin the mother-beast head on. Yeah shes Satan in female form but shes still the MOTHER of your fiance. You need a more tactical appoarch my friend. Play mind games with the wench. Play on her weaknesses.Like lets say shes brings up the clock again tell her that you would love to have that particular clock EXCEPT you dont really have the hundred beans to buy it. Hint around that it would be a nice house warming gift. Im pretty sure the old coot wont fork out the money to buy it. BANG problem solved.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
mr.bigglesworth

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark God View Post
I wouldnt advise takin the mother-beast head on. Yeah shes Satan in female form but shes still the MOTHER of your fiance. You need a more tactical appoarch my friend. Play mind games with the wench. Play on her weaknesses.Like lets say shes brings up the clock again tell her that you would love to have that particular clock EXCEPT you dont really have the hundred beans to buy it. Hint around that it would be a nice house warming gift. Im pretty sure the old coot wont fork out the money to buy it. BANG problem solved.
If that doesn't work^^^

Break the fucking clock over her head then shit in her mouth

mr.bigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
getoverit

Purple Belt

that sucks.. Some mother in laws are just like that.. I had issues with my husbands mother a while back and now we are closer because of it.. Strange.. But I think there is always issues between you and in laws at first,

Old 05-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
Youthanized

vCash:
Just turn everything around on her. When she says the clock would look great above the sofa just ask "well, when can I expect the gift". When she doesn't buy it for you and she brings something else up tell her you're still waiting for that clock. It's the nicest way of saying STFU, bitch.

Or you could tell her if we put the clock there where will we hang the Hitler portrait? Should shut her up too.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
Valiss

Hey man, once you are married you need to put your foot down. Have you seen the movie Knocked Up? Ok at the end when she is about to give birth and he has to take each person into the hall and lecture them about how they need to stay the fuck out of the way? You'll need to do that. I know, it will be hard, but it will be better in the long run.

Valiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
JPost
Squirt!

Yeah, I'll just tell her we can't afford the damn clock (which we can't). She'll just keep coming up with other shit. I just really need to tell her how low her opinion is on my "give a shit" scale and how worthless I think she really is. She really is worthless to me. Anyways, I just need to step in front of my girl and tell her mother how it's going to be and quit being such a bully to her, because that is what she is -- a bully to my girlfriend. I'm sick of her shit and I'm not going to deal with it anymore.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
xCUHRISx

Yellow Belt

its best to just put your foot down in a serious but non-disrespectful way. Cuz I hate my mother in law too but its your girls MOTHER. She will always be there until she dies and as long as u are with your chick. You don't wanna start drama between families. Especially for your girls sake. I went off on my monster in law and it felt great to cuss her out but in the long run it doesn't help the situation.

You cuss out your mom in law then your mom in law will bug the living shit out of your girl that you are no good, and there will be un needed tention. There are more things to worry about in life then some annoying lady.

xCUHRISx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
Dark God

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPost View Post
Yeah, I'll just tell her we can't afford the damn clock (which we can't). She'll just keep coming up with other shit. I just really need to tell her how low her opinion is on my "give a shit" scale and how worthless I think she really is. She really is worthless to me. Anyways, I just need to step in front of my girl and tell her mother how it's going to be and quit being such a bully to her, because that is what she is -- a bully to my girlfriend. I'm sick of her shit and I'm not going to deal with it anymore.
This wont end well.

good luck young one.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
JPost
Squirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark God View Post
This wont end well.

good luck young one.
In all seriousness I won't be that bad about it.

Another thing she did was she took the liberty to call our apartment manager and make complaints about our apartment WITHOUT telling us she was doing it! I didn't even have anything to complain about! I thought everything was great!

I called the manager and apologized about it and told her I was satisfied with everything and to ignore everything she told her. The mother even went and told the manager she needed the maintenance guy to drill a hole in our living room so we can hang a damn ceiling fan! I TOLD HER I DON'T WANT A CEILING FAN HUNG UP! But of course, she suggest something so that is how she thinks it's going to be.

I contacted her via email about it and said exactly:

Please do not contact my apartment manager and tell her anything on your own personal accord. If either I or Courtney have something we wish to tell them, we will tell them ourselves. It's nothing against you and no hard feelings but I feel much more comfortable dealing with the matter myself. Only two names are on the rental agreement and only those two names should deal with any problems those two names encounter. It just makes both of us look stupid when someone else calls to report our own problems and can create more problems in the long run. We are not babies.

It's just not comforting to know you did that.
Please do not take offense.

I couldn't tell her in person because I knew I'd lose it.

Guess what though? She took offense and got totally pissed off at my girlfriend and took it all out on her. Because in her mind: Disagreement = Disrespect

Fuck this stupid bitch.