Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
ArTofF16hT1ng
Banned

vCash: 500
*Edit*

*Edit*

Last edited by ArTofF16hT1ng; 06-09-2008 at 10:08 PM.
ArTofF16hT1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
Leagon

Black Belt

I smile at random people on the street sometimes. I didn't realize it was just a girl thing but when I think about it, I guess I mainly only smile at women.

Handshakes don't mean much to me. Sometimes I shake hard and sometimes I give the limp noodle.

I only do hugs with family and really close friends. And even not so much with friends unless I haven't seen them in a long ass time. And even not so much with family at all...

Though I hug one or two of my female friends almost every time I see them, as you said.

Its all just how humans interact, I guess. I find it weird to touch someone every time I see them but its a societal norm at this point. Eye contact is enough for me.

Leagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
BayAreaGuy
Good Day

I smile when passing by strangers as well, don't want to just ignore them.

I always go for the regular hand shake with adults, and semi-hand slap with friends.

BayAreaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
Volund
Mighty Healthy

vCash: 300
I just got back from canada and gave a few of my friends the dude hug with tap when I got back.

Unless I've been gone I don't greet with a hug or handshake. When leaving, it's usually the knuckle-five (daps, hitting fists, etc) or a quick handshake.

When you pass me on the street, I don't look happy. I just don't have a joyful expression unless I'm getting poon or getting drunk. I tend to stare down people in public without even noticing, even chicks who might be checking me out. heh

After all they can only hang you once.
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
magicman531
Try Sarah Topps

I smile at people I think I might like, mainly girls that I would try to befriend.

For handshakes, with guys, if it's formal I'll just do the regular handshake ritual. If it's a friend, I usually do a handshake and kind of slap/pat them on the same shoulder as I shake.

Women in a formal or first time greeting I guess it's just the basic handshake.

When it comes to hugging, I prefer not to do it unless it's a girl that I'm interested in or one that has big boobs. If you hug a family member or relative, you MUST, I repeat MUST pat them 3 times (no more no less) on the back while hugging them. Be honest now, how many of you do the 3 pat on their back while hugging?

The one armed hug and rubbing of heads is kind of standard when hugging a girl for me. Unless it's more intimate in which case I go for the hug and ass grab embrace.

magicman531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
magicman531
Try Sarah Topps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaGuy View Post
I smile when passing by strangers as well, don't want to just ignore them.

I always go for the regular hand shake with adults, and semi-hand slap with friends.

I don't really smile at guys. When passing them I do more of the head nod acknowledgment. Unless it's an old man with a big grin on his face, in which case I usually return the gesture.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #7
magicman531
Try Sarah Topps

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman531 View Post
I smile at people I think I might like, mainly girls that I would try to befriend.

For handshakes, with guys, if it's formal I'll just do the regular handshake ritual. If it's a friend, I usually do a handshake and kind of slap/pat them on the same shoulder as I shake.

Women in a formal or first time greeting I guess it's just the basic handshake.

When it comes to hugging, I prefer not to do it unless it's a girl that I'm interested in or one that has big boobs. If you hug a family member or relative, you MUST, I repeat MUST pat them 3 times (no more no less) on the back while hugging them. Be honest now, how many of you do the 3 pat on their back while hugging?

The one armed hug and rubbing of heads is kind of standard when hugging a girl for me. Unless it's more intimate in which case I go for the hug and ass grab embrace.

Just thought of another one and since I can't edit...

You hug the girl and one arm grabs her lower back or you shoot it all the way across her low back and grab her opposite sides hip. While your other arm goes under her arm and rests on that same shoulder, so your arms kind of form an L shape.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
ArTofF16hT1ng
Banned

*Edit*

Last edited by ArTofF16hT1ng; 06-10-2008 at 01:35 AM.
ArTofF16hT1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
Scurgar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman531 View Post
I don't really smile at guys. When passing them I do more of the head nod acknowledgment. Unless it's an old man with a big grin on his face, in which case I usually return the gesture.
Or you should start running in the opposite direction.

Scurgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #10
Volund
Mighty Healthy

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurgar View Post
Or you should start running in the opposite direction.
Something tells me Magicman has some things in common with that type of old men.

I'm sure he knows their secret handshake too.

After all they can only hang you once.
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote