Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Dreal

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Deadliest Catch and Ax Men discussion thread

Two of my favorite shows with a lot of characters on both shows lets discuss your favorite episodes and what not on DC and AM.

Dreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Sonny

I saw the premier of the Deadliest Catch last night. Pretty intense between the Hillstrandts and Keith from the Wizard.

I like the little dig Johnathan through at Keith "Make sure you don't kill your brother this year by accident."

I can't stand Keith.

April 2nd 1982 - January 8th 2014
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
Blitz55
WILLOW

Location: My Bodys in Washington, My Hearts in Texas and my Brain is in Middle Earth
I hate trees and I hate crabs.

So I love these shows because they kill them both.
Its like sweet sweet murder by the Pot load or death by saw.

I giggle through entire episodes.

Sometimes.....i get aroused.

But seriously I like Deadliest Catch. I have not had a chance to see much of the Axe Men show yet. Just an ep or 2.

Dallas Cowboy Fans Everywhere

Online Older brother to Linkuei (OLB)
Blitz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
kodiak

Blue Belt

Yeah, i like 'em too. DC brings back memories of commercial fishing in AK.
It sucks how Deadliest Warrior is on the same time as DC though.

DC, AM & DW are the only shows i watch....well, that and TUF i must say.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Gregolian
Driving

vCash: 2288
I love the shows but I worked for the city I live in as a logger essentially and some of the shit they do on Axe Men is just so annoying to see them do. Like I know why they do it but it is still something they shouldn't be doing.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
Blitz55
WILLOW

Location: My Bodys in Washington, My Hearts in Texas and my Brain is in Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregolian View Post
I love the shows but I worked for the city I live in as a logger essentially and some of the shit they do on Axe Men is just so annoying to see them do. Like I know why they do it but it is still something they shouldn't be doing.
Can you give us examples? I never worked it but I know lots who have. But It would be interesting to hear what they do on the show in comparison to what you do when your out there and their isn't a camera on you.

Town I live in was built around the logging industry here in the north west. Figures you would be in Washington as well.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
Gregolian
Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz55 View Post
Can you give us examples? I never worked it but I know lots who have. But It would be interesting to hear what they do on the show in comparison to what you do when your out there and their isn't a camera on you.

Town I live in was built around the logging industry here in the north west. Figures you would be in Washington as well.
One for the crew I worked with is we don't carry axes anymore to pound wedges in we have hand sledgehammers. A guy caught the blade in his arm once cause the axe cam flying out of another guys hand.

Another is pulling in the turns. Two times in this last season they sent the chokers back down with a log still attached or someone trying to open the choker and had his hand caught. Usually the yarder is set up, at least where I worked, so they can see where the turn is landing.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
Blitz55
WILLOW

Interesting.

I always wondered if they did things, or set up shots on those shows to make it look a little more dangerous.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #9
Gregolian
Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz55 View Post
Interesting.

I always wondered if they did things, or set up shots on those shows to make it look a little more dangerous.
Some of it like the Swamp Man having his weird cheap man scuba gear pump carbon monoxide down to him was a mistake but little things like having a tiny ass landing for Rygard seem slightly set up.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
MicroBrew

Silver Belt

AxMen is just contrived drama. It soo freakin easy to see right through the scripting. It wasn't soo bad the 1st season but dam have they taken the fake drama to another level since last season. I read online, the opinions of professional loggers and they all concur AxMen is fake/drama bullshit.

Now Swamp Logger on the other hand is a pretty decent show, without the AxMen type contrived bullshit.

MicroBrew is offline   Reply With Quote