Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
NEMMAFan

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Is dating two girls at the same time wrong?

Just wanted to get some advice on this. Most of the time I'm a guy who is lucky to get a date. However I find myself dating two women at the same time however I'm not committed to either one. I met the first girl on eharmony.com and we chatted via phone and e-mail for 3 months before we went on our first date at the begining of the 4th month. We have gone on two dates and have had a great time and we have already planned a 3rd date. All that has happened between us is a little bit of kissing and holding hands. She wants to take things slow which I'm 100% ok with.

Girl number 2 asked me out of the blue telling me she liked me and we have gone out on our first date with the 2nd one being planned. Again I'm not committed to either one and we are just dating but I feel like a prick for doing this. Both women and I are looking for a long term relationship. I'm hoping for something more serious down the road with he girl I met online. Obviously if something serious happened between us I would stop seeing the 2nd girl. Being a guy who doesn't date that much I want to know if this is wrong or should I not worry about it and have fun?

"Reality is not always pretty"
Pat Miletich @ UFC 21
NEMMAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Volund
Mighty Healthy

vCash: 300
You got a ring on your finger?

No?

Then theres no problem.

Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
PariahCarey

Purple Belt

If you are looking long term then the more woman you date the better candidate you'll be able to choose. The more variety the more you'll learn. So i'd say its definitly ok. Although once you start dating 3 to 6 at the same time it can get alittle exhausting and doesn't quite live up to how great it sounds. But you seem like a good guy and are doing it for the right reasons so go for it...

Old 01-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Aragonian
turd belt

you don't want to be known as a cheater mang. choose one and let the other one go (send her my way).

Aragonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
shiftyly

Brown Belt

karma is a bitch. Keep that in mind

shiftyly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
dr_hellno

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMMAFan View Post
Just wanted to get some advice on this. Most of the time I'm a guy who is lucky to get a date. However I find myself dating two women at the same time however I'm not committed to either one. I met the first girl on eharmony.com and we chatted via phone and e-mail for 3 months before we went on our first date at the begining of the 4th month. We have gone on two dates and have had a great time and we have already planned a 3rd date. All that has happened between us is a little bit of kissing and holding hands. She wants to take things slow which I'm 100% ok with.

Girl number 2 asked me out of the blue telling me she liked me and we have gone out on our first date with the 2nd one being planned. Again I'm not committed to either one and we are just dating but I feel like a prick for doing this. Both women and I are looking for a long term relationship. I'm hoping for something more serious down the road with he girl I met online. Obviously if something serious happened between us I would stop seeing the 2nd girl. Being a guy who doesn't date that much I want to know if this is wrong or should I not worry about it and have fun?
Well, you're in undefined stage still, but it's likely not going to last much longer. If either girl is emotionally mature & self-respecting, she's going to want to have the 'are we exclusive' conversation soon. So get ready to man up and make a decision. Or get ready to man up and initiate that conversation if need be.

Would YOU be okay with THEM dating other people right now?

dr_hellno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
nathanexplosion

Orange Belt

Not in your situation. If neither one is too serious then there is nothing wrong with dating both of them to find out which one is better for you. Just keep them away from each other and never mix their names up.

nathanexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #8

vCash:
If its non-commited, then fine. All 3 of you can date whoever until a pair decides to see eachother exclusively.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
UKBBC

White Belt

Are you sure that the girls are also being monogamous to you? Or are they seeing others too? I was in a similar situation, I made the decision to drop one girl, turns out the girl I chose was also seeing others that she met online, and in the end I had made the wrong decision. Best clarify the situation with both of them as soon as you know what you want. Don't 'sign any contracts' until you are sure....

UKBBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
MyCatIsFat

Black Belt

Yes, you are wrong.

karma is a bitch. Keep that in mind ~shiftyly