Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Benoco

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Crazy Pedophile Ring Uncovered in Europe.

I dunno if this has already been discussed, I'm not sure when it first came to light but the details are disturbing.

Irishman linked to EU paedophile ring - National News - Independent.ie

Here's some excerpts from the article:

Quote:
The Europol investigation, 'Operation Icarus', has uncovered 269 men as having downloaded "extreme online videos of children, including babies, being sexually abused and raped".

A vast amount of material has been seized, much of it encrypted. One suspect in Switzerland had more than 120 terabytes (1,000 gigabytes) of data -- amounting to thousands of hours of high-definition video footage, Europol said.
I never really imagined pedophiles sexual appetite extended to actual babies, that is such an insane departure, I'm really shocked by that detail.

Quote:
The pedophile ring which was responsible for generating much of the material is based in Denmark, where 19 men have been arrested and are facing charges. Investigators said one of the men arrested was in the process of grooming a young child and was arrested before an attempted face-to-face meeting.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Cross

I can't read this stuff, sorry....

Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Broncoi
Banned

this is horrible, but nobody should be surprised by this because god knows for how long it has been? what do you think it happens with abducted children from poor countries, and from developed countries as well? well i can tell you this "investigation" will go nowhere from the guy who had the files because these pederasts rings ALWAYS have people with power in them.

Broncoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Moopsiepuffs**
Banned

Literally makes my head hurt reading about things like this.

Moopsiepuffs** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
GSPSAKU

Green Belt

Ok, I can kind of understand why some perverted assholes go after underage girls but a baby? WTF? Fuckkers need to die in the most painful way possible.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
Logan M

Blue Belt

Absolutely disgusting. I'd like to point out that 120 terabytes is 120,000 gigabytes which is a ridiculous amount of anything. You can store hundreds of feature length movies on a 1 terabyte hard drive.

Logan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
Benoco

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoi View Post
this is horrible, but nobody should be surprised by this because god knows for how long it has been? what do you think it happens with abducted children from poor countries, and from developed countries as well? well i can tell you this "investigation" will go nowhere from the guy who had the files because these pederasts rings ALWAYS have people with power in them.
I must admit, I am a little surprised by the sheer scale of the ring and by just how young the victims were.

That's an interesting point about the "people in power", as evidenced by the catholic church its definitely a factor.

Is this the largest pedophile ring ever uncovered?

Edit: It's not, there have been bigger.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
OverGrown

Green Belt

Kill 'em all.

OverGrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
Broncoi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoco View Post
I must admit, I am a little surprised by the sheer scale of the ring and by just how young the victims were.

That's an interesting point about the "people in power", as evidenced by the catholic church its definitely a factor.

Is this the largest pedophile ring ever uncovered?

Edit: It's not, there have been bigger.
can you imagine how many people are raping children in 120 teras of videos? and this is what is sad, nobody but the clown who had the computer is going to jail, and that guy is either gonna get "suicided" real fast in the can or on his house

Broncoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
Benoco

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan M View Post
Absolutely disgusting. I'd like to point out that 120 terabytes is 120,000 gigabytes which is a ridiculous amount of anything. You can store hundreds of feature length movies on a 1 terabyte hard drive.
I know, what the fuck? It takes me several months to fill a 500 gig hard drive and I download basically constantly.