Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #121
Aas Gutú Adéli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Battisti View Post
Why though? The old ones still hold up now.
Blade 3 was on par with Spider Man 3

Snipes can't keep being Blade
they can jump right into stories, he doesn't have an elaborate origin story to waste time on, just get to the plot

Rated R Marvel from Marvel Studios
for whatever reason Blade works soooo much better in film than Punisher

Old 07-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #122
Dragonlordxxxxx
Senior Moderator

vCash: 50
Update: July 13, 2012

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE Might Be a Sequel to EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES

During the Cup O' Joe panel at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, Jeph Loeb was asked about the upcoming Marvel animated TV show Avengers Assemble, which has already received massive hate for replacing the much loved Earth's Mightiest Heroes series which had adapted many great storylines, but sadly left a few unfinished due to it's rushed ending. When asked about the upcoming show by a fan, Loeb said “We love the [Avengers: EMH] show so much that one of the first things we did was...take a look what the plans were and expanded from 24 episodes to 52 episodes.”

However, despite 52 episodes being described as an "enormous commitment" for animation, Marvel took into account of the hugely positive response to last Spring's Marvel's The Avengers movie. And that response may have influenced them to focus more on the superhero cast of the movie; hence bringing life to Avengers Assemble.

Jeph Loeb spoke even more about the new series adding that “it reflects the cast that’s in the movie...but we’re not saying ‘Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ never happened.” Continuing on that comment, he adds his thoughts about the ending to Earth's Mightiest Heroes. “We took this giant epic story, it has a conclusion we always meant to get to...and when we get out of that you’ll see what ‘Avengers Assemble’ will take it to" Loeb added.

SDCC '12: Disney's AVENGERS ASSEMBLE A Sequel To AVENGERS: EMH?

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/a-2641257/
Old 07-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #123
Dragonlordxxxxx
Senior Moderator

Update: July 13, 2012

2nd Clip from Marvel One-Shot Short Film ITEM 47

Last week, a brief clip from the latest Marvel One-Shot short film was released. Now, Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive new clip from Item 47. The story centers around a down-on-their-luck couple (Lizzy Caplan and Jesse Bradford) who comes into possession with one of the alien guns after the events of The Avengers. Two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (Maximiliano Hernández and Titus Welliver) are tasked with retrieving this Item 47 from the couple and stopping their crime spree.

The latest clip shows Caplan's character convincing her boyfriend to go through with their bank robbery. The full 12-minute short film will be available on the DVD/Blu-ray release of The Avengers on September 25th. Go to EW to view the video (skip to 3:43 to see the clip). I will update this post once a YouTube video is available. Edit: Youtube video now online.

Last edited by Dragonlordxxxxx; 07-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #124
D Train

Red Belt

Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #125
Cool Hand Luke

diggin it

Hercules ---> Herr kühles Eis ---> Mr. Cool Ice
Old 07-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #126
Pork Mahogis
Hiatus

vCash: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Battisti View Post

I just want a good Punisher movie made...
I'd rather see Punisher done as a cable series on Starz or HBO. I think that's the only way to do such a tortured character any justice. It'd be the Sopranos-meets-Spartacus.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #127
Dragonlordxxxxx
Senior Moderator

Update: July 14, 2012

Alexis Denisof on 'The Other' Role in MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS

Considering his minor role as "The Other" was connected to the Chitauri and Thanos in Marvel's The Avengers, actor Alexis Denisof (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) was excluded from the press or any interviews due to the secrecy of the character's connection with the plot. Now that the film has gone on the become the third-highest grossing of all-time, Denisof attended San Diego Comic-Con to finally explain the role and tease his potential future. When questioned by EW about The Avengers mid-credits teaser, Denisof explains,

“A seed is certainly planted there for all to see. Of course, I can't say much more than that. [However] there is a lot of talking going on right now about where it's all gonna go. I'm the character that sort of sets up the [first] movie in the beginning and I have a scene in the middle with Loki set on the alien world where we have an argument. And then for the final scene of the picture. I report as it were to Thanos about how it all went wrong. I'm certainly on the villain team. Loki and The Other have a relationship. We’ve struck a deal, but the deal doesn’t deliver, so there are ramifications.”

Alexis Denisof On 'The Other' Role in THE AVENGERS

Old 07-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #128
Dragonlordxxxxx
Senior Moderator

[Doesn't really belong here but you guys were talking about Punisher just recently]

Update: July 14, 2012

Thomas Jane Unveiled a New PUNISHER Short Film at Comic-Con

In an intimate setting in a small convention room that wasn’t titled Ballroom 20 or Hall H, Jane ran a Comic-Con panel for the independent studio presentation. Their projects included a Bad Planet videogame adaptation of their comic series with gaming studio Red Flag, a short conceptual film for a Western they’re producing called A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand and, to the delight of Punisher fans in the audience, a fantastic short film featuring Jane as the Marvel anti-hero. That was awesome enough, but a special guest star also joined the presentation: Ron Perlman, who recently proved how great a human being he is, had a small cameo in the film.

Jane’s short film, which may be titled Dirty Laundry and directed by Phil Joanou (Entropy), begins with a slow burn that ratchets up the tension throughout the first two acts. Jane’s character wakes up in a van parked on the street of a slum with acts of gang violence going on all around him. He ignores it and goes about his business, ie taking his laundry to the laundromat. While the gang activity escalates, Jane remains aloof. Perlman plays a great turn as a disabled war veteran who now works as a clerk at a mini-mart. Suffice it to say Jane’s character doesn’t take Perlman’s advice and the third act erupts into bloody and brutal violence. Which is just what should happen in a Punisher fim! Rest assured the skull, a new logo designed by Tim Bradstreet, appears in the film.

Now before you start to think that Jane made this with Marvel, the short was made as a “fan film” and everyone worked on it for free. Also, Joanou said after the screening that everyone who worked on it donated their time and he called in a lot of favors.

Comic-Con: Thomas Jane PUNISHER Short Film DIRTY LAUNDRY

Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #129
Dragonlordxxxxx
Senior Moderator

Update: July 16, 2012

Watch Thomas Jane's Punisher Short Film DIRTY LAUNDRY

Last Saturday, Thomas Jane unveiled a Punisher short film titled Dirty Laundry much to the delight of fans at Comic-Con. Now, the full 10-minute film has landed online. In his Twitter account, Jane comments, "I wanted to make a fan film for a character I've always loved and believed in - a love letter to Frank Castle & his fans. It was an incredible experience with everyone on the project throwing in their time just for the fun of it. It's been a blast to be a part of from start to finish -- we hope the friends of Frank enjoy watching it as much as we did making it. Not pushing anything. Just a fan film from Friends of Frank."

After watching it, I thought it was a cool short film but Jane's characterization of Frank Castle is a bit off. It takes him too long to take action against the hoodlums. He ignores the prostitute being beaten and raped and the kid being assaulted. Plus, Jane's facial expressions is not in line with the hardened image of Punisher I have come to expect. Anyway, it's still a great short film all things considered. Watch out for a brief appearance by Ron Perlman.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #130
D Train

Red Belt

That's really, really good.

Closed Thread