Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
hdog
Banned

vCash: 500
anybody else get eye floaters?

Ive had these damn floaters in my eyes for what seems like a year or so. ive been to the doctor and they say they are normal and that i will get use to them. they seem worse sometimes but they are always there. anybody else have to deal with these damn things and does anyone have any remedies that might help?

hdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
PAUonePUNCH

Brown Belt

I think 100% of the people in the world have scotomas. Just deal with them.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
RytroSpyk
Giallorosso

vCash: 1686

I just blink them away, I guess if you couldn't get rid of them eye wash?

“The Spurs play basketball the way your dad fights.” - Bill Burr
RytroSpyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
superking

Purple Belt

When in bright sunlight or if sunlight is being reflected off of something brightly colored or white I see them a lot. Mostly I just see them every once in a while.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
shaqitup1**
Banned

i don't think i have any permanently lol.

shaqitup1** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
the ax murderer
Looking At The Stars.

I get them alright but they go away pretty soon after, never last longer than ten seconds.

I think you might have a problem if you have them all the time.

Last edited by the ax murderer; 01-10-2012 at 03:34 PM.
the ax murderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
JonesBones
What I need is a good defense..

vCash: 45604
My dad. He's almost 60 though.

-Whitehead
JonesBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #8
Big Sissy
Banned

never heard of em til now but i googled it. maybe thisll help-

Here are some of the most effective home remedies for eye floaters:

Keep your eye in constant movement, moving from up to down.

Hemp oil contains a balanced amount of omega 3 fatty acids and is a good cure for eye floaters.

Antioxidants are very significant for healthy eyes. The best antioxidant you can have is rich sources of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E. Foods such as spinach, orange, lemon, milk, dairy products, carrots, fresh fruits, spinach and green leafy vegetables are really good for maintaining healthy eyes and treating floaters.

Taurine is another effective antioxidant that helps in removing the waste accumulated in the eye.

Serrapeptase Enzyme is an effective cure for eye floaters. This enzyme digests the debris, dead tissues and blood clots that cause floaters.

Gingko, Lysine and Bilberry helps in promoting flow of blood to the blood vessels present in the eye. This increased flow of blood will remove all the debris and get rid of the eye floaters.

Big Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
hdog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sissy View Post
never heard of em til now but i googled it. maybe thisll help-

Here are some of the most effective home remedies for eye floaters:

Keep your eye in constant movement, moving from up to down.

Hemp oil contains a balanced amount of omega 3 fatty acids and is a good cure for eye floaters.

Antioxidants are very significant for healthy eyes. The best antioxidant you can have is rich sources of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E. Foods such as spinach, orange, lemon, milk, dairy products, carrots, fresh fruits, spinach and green leafy vegetables are really good for maintaining healthy eyes and treating floaters.

Taurine is another effective antioxidant that helps in removing the waste accumulated in the eye.

Serrapeptase Enzyme is an effective cure for eye floaters. This enzyme digests the debris, dead tissues and blood clots that cause floaters.

Gingko, Lysine and Bilberry helps in promoting flow of blood to the blood vessels present in the eye. This increased flow of blood will remove all the debris and get rid of the eye floaters.
wow. thanks for the research. ill will have to try some of those.

hdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #10
SkinnyWhiteGuy

Orange Belt

vCash: 100
Big Sissy, thanks for that. There's certainly a lot more information about floaters available now than there was 5+ years ago. I may have to give some of those "remedies" a try. Anyways...

hdog:

I didn't have any floaters until about five years ago. I had never seen a floater in my life, then essentially woke up one day and I had tons of them, a couple of which were rather large (from the bottom of my vision all the way to the top of my vision). It freaked me the fuck out. After some research, I realized that they were considered "normal," especially in older people. The vitreous humor in your eye breaks down from a gel and forms into a solid fibrils that obstruct the light shining on your retina. I went to an eye doctor and he was of very little help. He had me watch some video with old people swatting at non-existent flies in the air. *sigh* Small floaters may occur normally over time, but my case definitely was/is far from the norm, and I have many more floaters and much larger floaters than anyone I know.

I've learned to live with mine, although it's quite annoying because I look at bright computer monitors for the majority of my day. As you probably know, direct light (especially white or blue) makes the floaters much more visible. The biggest floater is in my right eye, and it can be very difficult to ignore. There is a technique for temporarily shifting floaters out of the center of your vision. Quickly look all the way to the left or right, as far as your eye will move, then hold that for a sec before relaxing your eyes back to center. Do this over and over, and it will slowly shift a floater to one side of your eye (looking left will shift your floaters right, and looking right will shift them left). This is only short-lived relief, however, as the floater will eventually float back to its home.

I was down in Florida a couple weeks ago, visiting my grandmother for Christmas, and I actually saw a commercial for a local eye doctor, claiming to be using cutting edge procedures and technology to treat floaters. Evidently they can zap them with lasers, now, which was never mentioned to me by anyone in the past. I'm not quite sure I want to have my floaters zapped until the procedure is a bit more widespread and techniques have improve a bit. It's just funny that I never see any commercials about floaters up where I live near Washington DC, but I visit old-people-ville and I see the commercial three times before I leave.

Here's the doc's website: Eye Floater Laser Treatment & Information

Edit: edited my post a bit... added some more info about my case.