Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #81
Dragonlordxxxxx
Senior Moderator

vCash: 500
Joss Whedon on His Approach to the Hulk in THE AVENGERS

This is Marvel’s third shot at bringing the Hulk to the big screen. What did you need to get right?

WHEDON: “So much. A Bruce Banner who’s not obsessed with his own problems. A Hulk who not only feels flesh and blood, but is clearly an extension of Banner himself and not just a CGI thing that roars. A Hulk who feels dangerous, who might actually hurt someone we care about, who belongs in a classic horror film. And much more. He’s the hardest character by far, and ended up being the most fun.”

What does Mark Ruffalo bring to the role of Bruce Banner?

WHEDON: “Mark is such a delightful mensch it’s stupid. His Banner is a bunch of contradictions: graceful and awkward, meek and confident, erudite and working class, funny and sad. And contradictions are what the Banner/Hulk dynamic are all about. Also, Mark kinda looks like the Hulk. So we got to build our Hulk from him.”

Are there other Avengers you’d love to bring to the screen?

WHEDON: “A boatload. Pretty much everyone but Wonder Man. I never did figure out what he was for.”

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/a-2217115/
Old 03-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #82
Bad Company 000

Blue Belt

I thought Ang Lee's Hulk pretty much had everything that Whedon just rattled off about his Hulk.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #83
heavyarms21
Ryozanpaku Belt

Man I can't wait to see the Hulk fully unleashed , the Avatar engine looks like it works well for a character larger than life like that

Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #84
Dragonlordxxxxx
Senior Moderator

Update: March 7, 2012

THE AVENGERS German Trailer Features New Snippets of Footage

Most of this German trailer is exactly the same as the version that was released a week ago, except for two additional scenes. The first added scene begins at the 0:56 mark. The scene is from the previously seen encounter involving Captain America in the Hellicarrier lashing out at Tony Stark, but this version is different. You can also tell the scene has been cut differently because Black Widow has been included in the reaction shot to Tony Stark's obnoxious retort.

The second additional scene is both old and new.At the 2:11 mark in the video you'll see a scene that was exclusively shown to New York Comic Con attendees. This is a scene that was attached to the end of the sizzle reel that they showed to the audience. Being the douche that he is, Tony tries to put a shock into Dr. Banner in the hopes of provoking the Hulk to come out.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/a-2217115/
Old 03-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #85
hughes fan

Silver Belt

Makes sense that the trailer would be successful. I wasn't necessarily interested in this movie at all after Captain America sucked. The trailer made me want to see it badly.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #86
TheBearJew

Blue Belt

I cant wait for this movie to release. The second trailer was good. Based on what I've read, some spoilers and all, this thing has the makings of a good ride. Captain America and Thor were awesome movies, so hopefully they build on that. Iron Man was good too.

Alistair Overeem
Anderson Silva

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."~Bullet Tooth Tony
Old 03-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #87
TheBearJew

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes fan View Post
Makes sense that the trailer would be successful. I wasn't necessarily interested in this movie at all after Captain America sucked. The trailer made me want to see it badly.

I thought Captain America was pretty good. I think him not being able to shoot lasers out of his rear end like all the other Marvel characters hurts his fandom for this movie. They were probably expecting amazing CGI and special effects. That was one of the things I liked about it, the fact it seemd more natural. I didn't read a lot about him as a kid, but I really liked the movie. I think the Fantastic Four was probably the worst movie I've seen, comic wise. That and the old Captain America.

Alistair Overeem
Anderson Silva

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."~Bullet Tooth Tony
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #88
hughes fan

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBearJew View Post
I thought Captain America was pretty good. I think him not being able to shoot lasers out of his rear end like all the other Marvel characters hurts his fandom for this movie. They were probably expecting amazing CGI and special effects. That was one of the things I liked about it, the fact it seemd more natural. I didn't read a lot about him as a kid, but I really liked the movie. I think the Fantastic Four was probably the worst movie I've seen, comic wise. That and the old Captain America.
I pretty much watched the movie expecting another modern day setting, so the WW2 era hit me for a six. Also the start of the movie made Captain America seem like an underdog, I rarely root for underdogs.
If I watched it again then my opinion of it would probably go up.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #89
BayAreaGuy
Good Day

They're really milking that New York scene for every penny its worth. By the time April/May rolls around, the tv will be filled with images of NYC blowing up and the group doing that pose together at the end.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #90
heavyarms21
Ryozanpaku Belt

Wow that trailer makes me dislike stark even more

Closed Thread