Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
ksumme

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Tito Ortiz and Lee Murray street fight

Below is an excerpt from an interview with Pat Miletich, it wouldn't let me post to start the thread but will now, so enjoy.

ksumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
ksumme

Blue Belt

Here it is.
This is an excerpt from an interview with Pat Miletich. He was asked about the infamous street fight between Ortiz and Lee Murray, this is what he had to say about it.
I've seen this topic brought up before, and this will shed some light on actually what happened.

Question: MMA legend has it that Tito Ortiz and Lee Murray got into a fight outside of a nightclub follwing UFC 38 in London in 2002. According to rumors, you and Matt Hughes had to break up the fight. Is that story true, and if so, who came out the winner?

Miletich: Lee Murray knocked him out. Tito came after Lee. It was something that should've never happened; it was a scuffle outside of a nightclub. A friend of Tito's jumped on my back goofing around-- who is actually a real nice guy, we get along. And he was just goofing around, jumped on my back and acted like he was choking me from behind and one of my fighters, Tony Fryklund, thought that he was actually attacking me and put him in a choke from behind and ripped him off my back. Well, I turned around and saw who it was, I told my fighter, "No, let him go" and right when my fighter let him go, he (Ortiz's friend) turned around and asked my fighter "What the hell are you doing?" And then one of the guys from London, who is a friend of Lee Murray's, thought that the guy was actually causing problems and punched him and knocked him out. Then a big brawl started out of it; it was complete confusion. When the brawl started Tito took off his jacket and went after Lee, which, you know, he was just trying to defend his friend, and threw a punch at Lee and missed and then Lee hit him with a combo and knocked him out. He kicked him a couple of times, and I pushed Lee away from him to stop the fight and Tony Frykland helped Tito up to his feet

Old 04-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
Trillione
Banned

search function.

Trillione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
registered2001
Banned

All we need now is the most elusive video in mma apart from Lee vs Pele funnily enough.

registered2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
annihil8torz

Blue Belt

I think that the it would not let you start by posting....because this is a beaten to death subject. I am never one to roast guys who do this, but this one is out of control.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
Putasos
Banned

LOL TIto suks.

Putasos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #7
ksumme

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by annihil8torz
I think that the it would not let you start by posting....because this is a beaten to death subject. I am never one to roast guys who do this, but this one is out of control.
Yeah it's been brought up a ton, but I've never read this article and got the detials of what actually happened. So, if you don't want to talk about it, you didn't have to post. I figured there would be some people who haven't seen this before.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
cassini

Blue Belt

OK, so Tito was actually the good guy here. Proof positive that you need striking skills in a real life situation. Here we have a world class Ground n Pound artist and he still needed striking skills and got KO because lack of it.

cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
loyalgame3
Banned

wow, finally we all know what really happened, tito got ktfo'd

loyalgame3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #10
bannedsolong
Banned

by next year there will be even more people who know Tito and less who remember Murray....

welcome to a few years ago.

bannedsolong is offline   Reply With Quote