Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
bobbybeats

White Belt

vCash: 500
Steven Seagal vs Gene Lebell

During Dave Strasser and Karo Parisyans fight, Joe Rogan brings up Gene Lebell. He then begins to talk about Genes career as a stunt man and how he got beat up a lot for film. Joe mentions a legendary story about Gene Lebell choking Steven Seagal unconscious.

Does anyone know the details behind this story? What started the altercation?

Old 09-16-2008, 01:05 AM   #2
Jimbo Price**
Banned

Rogan Vs Snipes

Jimbo Price** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Trickster***
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybeats View Post
During Dave Strasser and Karo Parisyans fight, Joe Rogan brings up Gene Lebell. He then begins to talk about Genes career as a stunt man and how he got beat up a lot for film. Joe mentions a legendary story about Gene Lebell choking Steven Seagal unconscious.

Does anyone know the details behind this story? What started the altercation?
The story goes like this....from what I have read....

Segal is known to be very hard on stunt men (kicking them hard, going too far with throws, breaking arm by accident etc) so he went too far one day so Gene took him aside and told him to calm down. Segal didnt take it well, they argued, he called Gene a pussy or something and then Gene Slapped him, spun him around and choked him out.
A few hours lata Segal walks up to him and is about to say "If you try that shit again bla bla bla" but he only got the first two words out before Gene slapped him, spun him and choked him out again!

This is what I was told, I didnt know how much to believe so I looked it up and I found multipe sources for the story being true. Some vary a lil in detail so who knows. It could all be bullshit but that is what Rogan is talking about.

Trickster*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Trickster***
Banned

the other version of the story is like that Segal and Gene argued over the effectiveness of a technique and Segal ended up getting choked out. It was a pissing contest that turned bad for segal.

Like I said who knows the truth

Trickster*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
TREE_TRUNK

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
The story goes like this....from what I have read....

Segal is known to be very hard on stunt men (kicking them hard, going too far with throws, breaking arm by accident etc) so he went too far one day so Gene took him aside and told him to calm down. Segal didnt take it well, they argued, he called Gene a pussy or something and then Gene Slapped him, spun him around and choked him out.
A few hours lata Segal walks up to him and is about to say "If you try that shit again bla bla bla" but he only got the first two words out before Gene slapped him, spun him and choked him out again!

This is what I was told, I didnt know how much to believe so I looked it up and I found multipe sources for the story being true. Some vary a lil in detail so who knows. It could all be bullshit but that is what Rogan is talking about.
I heard how he was talking about his chi was so strong and bragged that he could not be choked then judo Gene gets up choke the the shit out of him literally. then Gene walked off teh set cause he knew Seagal would have him fired.

all because you gave your back
TREE_TRUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
D.R.H.

Seagal is only a tough guy in film and with his ex wife.

Yellow Monday isn't a myth...it's the day I became a legend.
D.R.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 AM   #7
SheerPerfection

White Belt

D.R.H. - pretty sure at his old overweight age he would still manhandle your ass.

SheerPerfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
Musashi2

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheerPerfection View Post
D.R.H. - pretty sure at his old overweight age he would still manhandle your ass.
Funny thing is, Seagal was in his prime (early thirties) when Lebell did this. Most sources state that this occurred on the set of "Out for Justice".

Lebell was in his late 50's at that time!

Musashi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
LEGS MAHONEY

Black Belt

vCash: 1721
No one here was there to se it and theres a wide variety of different stories so who knows if its even true at all

LEGS MAHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #10
thearmofbarlow**
Banned

The long winded version I heard was that on the set of Under Siege Seagal was talking about how his chi is so strong he couldn't be choked out. LeBell, being so manly he wears a pink gi, calls Seagal's bullshit out. Short argument ensues, ending with Seagal agreeing to let LeBell try to choke him out. About thirty seconds later Seagal is tapping, trying to breathe again, pulling the "I wasn't ready!" shit. LeBell gives his time to collect himself and ready his chi. Or whatever it's called. Seagal says go, LeBell squeezes, Seagal passes out... and shits himself.

Seagal wakes up in a pile of his own dook, gets pissed at LeBell, threatens to sue him if he ever tells anyone, and basically acts like a little bitch that can't deal with the fact that someone so manly he CAN WEAR A FUCKING PINK GI AND NOBODY TALKS SHIT ABOUT HIM choked him out so hardcore he shit himself.

Personally, if LeBell choked me out so hard I shit myself I'll relay that fucking story to EVERYONE.

Last edited by thearmofbarlow**; 06-24-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: I can't type.
thearmofbarlow** is offline   Reply With Quote