Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #101
GSPSAKU

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticBD View Post
Yeah, I'd also like to know where all these interviews are, where Lesnar shits all over Pro-Wrestling, like he was ashamed of it.

All I've ever heard, or read, was that he didn't like the traveling circuis-like schedule, and the toll it takes on your body.
Yea, Lesnar mentioned how he was hooked on booze and pills while in the WWE and because he said that publicly (which everyone from Hogan to Piper to HBK have already mentioned) it's suddenly Lesnar hating on the business. What he really dislikes is the circus-like traveling, which I don't blame him BUT it is part of the business. But good for him, he didn't like the schedule and has now worked it so he doesn't have to be on the road 300 days a year.

Lesnar knife on his chest isn't about Vince McMahon. He made it clear that it was when he was at a crossroads in his life. He had just got hurt in a motorcycle accident and he was trying to make it in the NFL and he said he felt a ton of pressure and it was like "someone had a knife to my throat" and he had to do something.

Instead of misconstrued snippets here and there, here's some of things Lesnar has said about Pro Wrestling

FANTASTIC INTERVIEW ABOUT PRO WRESTLING STRAIGHT FROM THE UFC YT CHANNEL

Great Interview

Old 04-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #102
Tooth and Nail
Forever Brocktober

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticBD View Post
I think you're twisting his words. I don't think he ever mentioned Vince, when talking about his tattoo. What I remember him saying, is that he felt like his back was against a wall, and he had a knife to his throat. I think he was talking about everybody, from the agents, the handlers, promoters, everybody who wanted a slice of the money Brock was being offered at the time by the WWE.
Yeah he probably meant all the presure...Vince and the WWE being part of it...not specifically though.

In fact professional wrestling is strong.
- Kazushi Sakuraba
Old 04-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #103
zane
SPANKY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Me Austin View Post
Zane knows what that's from, he's just trying to act cool.
Nope, never watched that garbage. Only Japanese show I watched was Pokemon, and fuck you Pokemon was awesome.

For what it's worth, WWE advertised guest hosts in the past and they never showed up, so I wouldn't worry too much about the Stooges. However, the only Stooges who belong on WWE television are Pat Patterson and Gerarld Brisco.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #104
MetalMayhem2
My Insanity Has No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregolian View Post

YES!
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

But no seriously, that gif was awesome.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #105
ScreenGems**
Banned

You think after 7 years people would have given up on Cena turning heel....the marks are persistent.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #106
ScreenGems**
Banned

I gotta admit as much as I like shitting on Daniel Bryan, the whole "YES" thing is pretty funny.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #107
Gregolian
Driving

vCash: 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreenGems View Post
You think after 7 years people would have given up on Cena turning heel....the marks are persistent.
Whether or not he goes heel doesn't matter to me as but it still stands that his current character is stale as 14 year old saltines.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #108
G-Mafia

Purple Belt

ScreenGems, I haven't thought that Cena should turn heel over the past 7 years. It's just recent. Well the past year or close to it. I mean when you're top face is getting booed out of the building every week, what else is there to do?

Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #109
Gregolian
Driving

vCash: 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mafia View Post
ScreenGems, I haven't thought that Cena should turn heel over the past 7 years. It's just recent. Well the past year or close to it. I mean when you're top face is getting booed out of the building every week, what else is there to do?
Go back to what made people like him? The weird tweener rapper gimmick he had where he was kinda a heel but not completely a heel like Edge was for a lot of years or the way that Del Rio is completely a heel?

IDK, I'm just throwing ideas out there that will have DRH, DD, BB, and probably CCH all tell me they are stupid.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #110
ScreenGems**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mafia View Post
People have been talking about Cena turning heel since at least 08 maybe 07...you think people would give up by now

Closed Thread