Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
Braveheart84**
Banned

vCash: 500
Haku - The most feared wrestler backstage???

Is Haku the most Legitimate tough guy to work the WWE/WcW locker room.

I've heard stories about Haku throwing guys around in bars, Kevin Nash backing down from him.
And i heard that the suits in WcW did not fire Haku for 2 years because they were to scared to tell him, for 2years Haku was not a draw & hardly ever involved.

Who do you guys think was/is the most feared backstage?

Last edited by Braveheart84**; 04-09-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Braveheart84** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
Saku4me
Banned

Yes, Haku was one of the most feared wrestlers. Listening to over 20 shoot interviews and most have said that Haku was one bad ass dude.

Saku4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
Hickson

Brown Belt

Nevertheless, this merely served as a springboard for him to wrestle all over the world. He made a name for himself outside the ring as the toughest wrestler of his era. He is known for biting off noses, and knocking people out with one punch, slap, or headbutt. Even renowned hardman Bad News Brown himself said in interviews that Fifita was without a doubt the toughest.[1] Bill Goldberg has also called him the toughest man he's been in the ring with. His one time manager, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan said in a shoot interview that Haku was "the toughest man I've ever met in my life". In 1987, Haku had a backstage fight with Jesse Barr (who wrestled at the WWF as Jimmy Jack Funk) which resulted in Meng gouging one of Barr's eyeballs out, causing Barr to later wear a glass eye. After this fight, Fifita had a reputation that steered wrestlers away from backstage confrontations.

In the book "Arn Anderson: 4 Ever", Anderson cites an event where Meng/Haku pushed a cowboy through 2 sets of doors with one hand - and a conversation with The Barbarian about who was tougher. The Barbarian just shook his head when Anderson asked who would win in a fight between him and Meng and stated "Meng's the man."

In an interview with Alex Marvez, he was asked about one of his legendary fights. Fifita states his favorite was one that cost him a lot of money. Fifita was drinking in the Baltimore Airport Hilton bar with Sivi Afi when five men started laughing at them and said, ‘You guys are the fake wrestlers on TV.’ In response Fifita replied, ‘I’ll just show you how fake it is,’ and he reached over and grabbed one man while three other men jumped on him. Fifita said he did not care. They were punching him left and right, but the man who he grabbed, he bit him on the nose and spat it out and started fighting the other ones. When the others saw him spit out their friends nose, they all ran out of there.[1]

wiki

Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
Braveheart84**
Banned

Can see why his name keeps coming up in shoot interviews with stories like these!!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:30 AM   #5
Braveheart84**
Banned

Also heard he was best man @ The Rocks wedding.