Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #51
Quantum Leap

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Cyborg is still a good fighter, it's impossible to say she would be nothing with PEDs. We don't know how long or in what amount she did them, it's just speculation.

Quantum Leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #52
clayj

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Leap View Post
Cyborg is still a good fighter, it's impossible to say she would be nothing with PEDs. We don't know how long or in what amount she did them, it's just speculation.
Cyborg without PEDs would still be a good fighter, still be a contender, MAYBE even still a champion, as long as that doesn't involve fighting Rousey at 135.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #53
TSK

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayj View Post
Cyborg without PEDs would still be a good fighter, still be a contender, MAYBE even still a champion, as long as that doesn't involve fighting Rousey at 135.
She would beat Rousey with or without steroids. Rousey's striking defense hasn't improved enough to have any success against Cyborg. Tate landed several flush shots right out of the gate, but Tate has no power. Rousey would have been in a lot of trouble if that was Cyborg landing those shots. Cyborg testing positive was the absolute best thing that could have happened to Rousey.

TSK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #54
clayj

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSK View Post
She would beat Rousey with or without steroids. Rousey's striking defense hasn't improved enough to have any success against Cyborg. Tate landed several flush shots right out of the gate, but Tate has no power. Rousey would have been in a lot of trouble if that was Cyborg landing those shots. Cyborg testing positive was the absolute best thing that could have happened to Rousey.
Cyborg at 135 won't have that kind of power. Her size (every woman she has fought except for Carano is a natural 135 pounder), strength and testosterone advantage will be gone. If Carano can get Cyborg to the ground (and take the mount!!) Rousey will tap her in the first.

I think you should watch this:

Just one year into her MMA career Rousey's skill level is already on another level compared to Cyborg. Rousey will tool her on the ground. One year from now Rousey will be even better. Cyborg's main tool is to bully with size and strength. That will be gone if she goes off steroids and fights at 135.

Last edited by clayj; 03-18-2012 at 02:57 PM.
clayj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #55
Red Forman

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimuraT15 View Post
I wasn't talking to you, as I am smart enough to know I would get nowhere with an ignorant and biased Rousey fan like you. Also, you do not "understand" that Cyborg was always roiding, you HOPE she always was, because you fear the day that she will undoubtly come back. You are afraid for Rousey, I can tell.
calm down johnny cochran

Red Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #56
oscerthegrouch
me & slimey worm

Icon8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimuraT15 View Post
I wasn't talking to you, as I am smart enough to know I would get nowhere with an ignorant and biased Rousey fan like you. Also, you do not "understand" that Cyborg was always roiding, you HOPE she always was, because you fear the day that she will undoubtly come back. You are afraid for Rousey, I can tell.
oh no you didn't < get him gunny lol

one you fail to realize is once you cheated always a cheat rule applies.
2. there is no female out there who gets as big as cyborg and doesn't or didn't use at some point, i don't have to prove it read 1.
3. i believe cyborg's bull rush style is perfect for Rousey to just wait, flip, arm bar the end, and i don't think cyborg could make 135 because he (i mean) she was a big 145

Old 03-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #57
gluttun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayj View Post
every woman she has fought except for Carano is a natural 135 pounder
Marloes Coenen is a natural 135 pounder? She seems to have lose a lot of strength from the weight cut for that to be the case...

gluttun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #58
clayj

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluttun View Post
Marloes Coenen is a natural 135 pounder? She seems to have lose a lot of strength from the weight cut for that to be the case...
yeah, she was so weak she was ONLY WORLD CHAMPION!

Old 03-19-2012, 03:01 AM   #59
KennyNuncaMuere**
Banned

Personally, I'm looking forward to Cyborg's return. She can still fight in kickboxing
matches outside the USA and compete in grappling tournaments so hopefully she'll stay sharp.

This video is from 2008 against Shayna Baszler. It was a good fight but it shows she could get tied up by a grappler like Rousey. Cyborg's grappling is probably better now. If Baszler looks good in her upcoming fight I'd like to see her face Rousey.

KennyNuncaMuere** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #60
Felis

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyNuncaMuere View Post
If Baszler looks good in her upcoming fight I'd like to see her face Rousey.
Unfortunately it seems the match against Kobold in April is off
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCuTioNeR View Post
A planned rematch between Shayna “The Queen of Spades” Baszler and fellow EliteXC veteran Kelly “Blood Red” Kobold will have to wait. The bout had been scheduled to take place at Cage Fighting Xtreme and Crowbar MMA’s co-promoted “Spring Brawl” on April 21st in Fargo, North Dakota.

Promotional matchmaker Chris Nelson confirmed with MMARising.com on Thursday that the planned event has been scrapped entirely. Baszler and Kobold had agreed to face off in a rematch from their first meeting in 2004, which saw Kobold emerge victorious via second-round submission.

Baszler (14-6-0) has not fought since a title-winning effort in November 2010 and she is no stranger to recent bout cancellations. A planned TCI title fight with current Strikeforce standout Alexis Davis in July was scrapped when Davis signed on to compete against Julie “Fireball” Kedzie in the Strikeforce cage. Kobold (17-3-1) engaged in a high-profile bout with Gina “Conviction” Carano on the final CBS-televised EliteXC card in October 2008 before taking a lengthy hiatus from competition. She returned with a quick victory in April and had looked to get back into contention with a second win over Baszler next month.

A revised date for the fight has not been determined and the bout may or may not be rescheduled.
I'd really, really like to see Baszler vs Rousey.
She would be my 2nd fav opponent vs Ronda (Cyborg being #1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyNuncaMuere View Post
Personally, I'm looking forward to Cyborg's return. She can still fight in kickboxing
matches outside the USA and compete in grappling tournaments so hopefully she'll stay sharp.

This video is from 2008 against Shayna Baszler. It was a good fight but it shows she could get tied up by a grappler like Rousey. Cyborg's grappling is probably better now. If Baszler looks good in her upcoming fight I'd like to see her face Rousey.

This fight was at 140 lbs btw.

Felis is offline   Reply With Quote