Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Muay Thai and Kickboxing

Muay Thai and Kickboxing Fist and Feet Fighting Forum Discussion.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
shera
Banned

vCash: 500
Pajunsuk to replace Buakaw in K-1 MAX!

Was just looking at the full roster of K-1 MAX fighters for the 2010 tournament and noticed in the "September / Europe" section slated in number 14 is "Buakaw Por.Pramuk (Thailand / Por.Pramuk Gym) or Pajonsuk (Thailand)" FieLDS K-1 WORLD MAX 2010 -70kg World Championship Tournament FINAL16 / -63kg Japan Tournament FINAL | K-1 OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Although I'd be sad to see Buakaw out of the tournament, if his departure leads to new hungry Thai talent then it's a welcome change. Pajunsuk is a hell of a fighter, with punishing clinch throws, and potential to be more exciting than Buakaw.

shera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Boxer123

vCash:
I LOVE Pajunsuk, especially his throws, this is great news although no Buakaw would suck.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
Karaev fan

Purple Belt

Misleading title. The Buakaw or Pajonsuk thing is old news too.

Would prefer Buakaw to Pajonsuk. Buakaw might not be rampaging like he was a few years ago, but Pajonsuk was really infuriating with all the clinching in his last fight. He needs a convincing performance under K-1 rules before he gets a call me thinks.

Course, the best thai they could recruit would be Khem.

Karaev fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
NuTzOnSwOll
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaev fan View Post
Misleading title. The Buakaw or Pajonsuk thing is old news too.

Would prefer Buakaw to Pajonsuk. Buakaw might not be rampaging like he was a few years ago, but Pajonsuk was really infuriating with all the clinching in his last fight. He needs a convincing performance under K-1 rules before he gets a call me thinks.

Course, the best thai they could recruit would be Khem.
i know......plus FTR clinch throws do no score in K1 , nor do any throws now....i think.
I know the leg catch n dump is frowned on too.

Pajonsuk is just the new 'Token' thai guy in K1 now.
Watch , almost all the top K1 guys are going to beat him....unless he shows some drastic changes.

hey shit, maybe we'll get that buakaw vs yod fight that shoulda happened. Neither of these guys are in K1 now.

NuTzOnSwOll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
( o Y o )
Amatu-er Poster

throws are actually illegal, and due to rather heavy complaints by Remy and others (in regards to Overeem/Manhoef), they've said they'll enforce the rule across the board in stricter fashion.

New stuff just added ## - http://forum.kakutougi.info/showthread.php?t=10212

eBay = kakutougi_connoisseur
( o Y o ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
dayslime
Banned

asd

watch out for spinning backfists...and zombies...

dayslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
ArchAngelos

Blue Belt

Not just throws are out but the clinch is banned too. Pajunsuk's biggest strength is useless under K1 rules.

ArchAngelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
shera
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ( o Y o ) View Post
throws are actually illegal, and due to rather heavy complaints by Remy and others (in regards to Overeem/Manhoef), they've said they'll enforce the rule across the board in stricter fashion.
Are you sure about this? I thought the throws simply didn't count but weren't actually illegal. If the rules actually forbid the clinch throw then fuck it, it'll just be like his performance in It's Showtime where he'd get in the clinch and then wait for the ref to break it up. SHIT!

shera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #9
NuTzOnSwOll
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ( o Y o ) View Post
lol...im surprised none of the nut huggers came rolling out with "Pajonsak....the new K1 champ" bs.

NuTzOnSwOll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
( o Y o )
Amatu-er Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shera View Post
Are you sure about this? I thought the throws simply didn't count but weren't actually illegal. If the rules actually forbid the clinch throw then fuck it, it'll just be like his performance in It's Showtime where he'd get in the clinch and then wait for the ref to break it up. SHIT!
The throws have actually been illegal for some time despite the fact many here will say otherwise due to the fact it isn't spelled out in the old rules on the official site. Ishii himself spent a long time himself personally going over what was and was not illegal, as well as what does and doesn't score late last year. They've rarely if ever enforced them strictly with Buakaw.

New stuff just added ## - http://forum.kakutougi.info/showthread.php?t=10212

eBay = kakutougi_connoisseur
( o Y o ) is offline   Reply With Quote