Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Muay Thai and Kickboxing

Muay Thai and Kickboxing Fist and Feet Fighting Forum Discussion.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #21
fad3r

Orange Belt
 
fad3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: between your sister's legs
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Anyone know what happened with the fat dude that lost his fight and ran into the crowd?

fad3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #22
DW HKL

Orange Belt
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
He saw someone in the crowd he didn't like, apparently and there was trash talk, a scuffle and the guy in the crowd was apparently trying to choke him before someone else in the crowd was able to break it up.

__________________
[ http://www.LiverKick.com | @LiverKickdotcom ]
DW HKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #23
Cannon_6

Green Belt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW HKL View Post
He saw someone in the crowd he didn't like, apparently and there was trash talk, a scuffle and the guy in the crowd was apparently trying to choke him before someone else in the crowd was able to break it up.
Pure class. Sorry I missed that.

Cannon_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #24
LoneWolf237

Blue Belt
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad3r View Post
Anyone know what happened with the fat dude that lost his fight and ran into the crowd?
fat people shouldnt participate in sports until they get their ass in shape first...

muay thai is such a physically demanding sport, how do you stay fat !?!?!? dude must either have 0 will power or is just a slob.


im not talking about the guy personally, idk him, i mean any fat boys that participate in sports

LoneWolf237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #25
TheBOO

Purple Belt
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ORL
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Too bad I don't live in nj anymore. I would of went :/

TheBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #26
fad3r

Orange Belt
 
fad3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: between your sister's legs
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
The fat guy looked like Suge Knight.

fad3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #27
Steakeater**
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11,367
vCash: 500
I heard about 3200 people showed. Thats only about half of the seat capacity, but it made history as the biggest Muay Thai event in NYC

Steakeater** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #28
fad3r

Orange Belt
 
fad3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: between your sister's legs
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steakeater View Post
I heard about 3200 people showed. Thats only about half of the seat capacity, but it made history as the biggest Muay Thai event in NYC
It took place in the theater, not the arena. They were able to fill up the majority of the place with the back side corner area being empty. I was impressed and hope to see more muay thai and hopefully MMA events there. The crowd was good and I would've felt proud to have fought at the event. Compared to the other NYC events/venues I've been to that did muay thai, TakeOn's Muay Thai at the Mecca has so far been the best.

fad3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #29
Volt

White Belt
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
My first time seeing Muay Thai, lots of good talent, unfortunately I had to leave after the first pro fight but it was still good stuff.

I didn't see any indication of Badr Hari anywhere.

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #30
Steakeater**
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad3r View Post
It took place in the theater, not the arena. They were able to fill up the majority of the place with the back side corner area being empty. I was impressed and hope to see more muay thai and hopefully MMA events there. The crowd was good and I would've felt proud to have fought at the event. Compared to the other NYC events/venues I've been to that did muay thai, TakeOn's Muay Thai at the Mecca has so far been the best.
I think the theater has about 5,000 to 6,000 capacity. I heard it was a good show, there were some great advertisement especially on the jumbotron and there was a giant billboard on it right next to the Sergrio martinez fight billboard

Steakeater** is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"