Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Muay Thai and Kickboxing

Muay Thai and Kickboxing Fist and Feet Fighting Forum Discussion.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
Setsuna

White Belt

vCash: 500
10-15-2008 vs. Thuya Ye Aung

Tway Ma Shaung headlines Thuwanna stadium again. This time he's up against another prospect in Thuya Ye Aung. I don't know all that much about him, but I know he's gotten a bit of hype as another up and comer.

He comes into this fight with a 1-0-2 record in 2008, although this year I did see a fight of his against the Thai boxer Pa Wii ( see next update ) where Thuya Ye Aung was tko'd in the 3rd round. His fights this year have been against decent fringe contenders, but nothing stands out.

Typical Tway Ma Shaung fight here. If you've enjoyed it thus far, check this one out too.

Part 1:
YouTube - 15 10 08 Tway Ma Shaung vs Thuya Ye Aung Part 1

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUuHW1N-vQ

Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
Setsuna

White Belt

11-26-2008 vs. Pa Wii

This was from the Myanmar vs. Thailand two-day event in Yangon. I'm going to preface this entry by saying that most Myanmar vs. Thai fights are garbage. It's usually low-end Myanmar fighters against bottom-feeder Thai fighter. Of the four international fights taking place that weekend, this was the only competitive one. The other three were out-of-shape Thai boxers against top Myanmar boxers.

Pa Wii was definitely a step up from the usual Thai fighter who enters one of these challenge fights. As I mentioned in my last post, he did stop Thuya Ye Aung in his last fight against a Burmese boxer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a top fighter in Thailand, but he's not bad at all.

This was the only fight of Tway Ma Shaung's 2008 run that I got to see live. Electric crowd, as would be expected. I was surprised at how respectful the audience was considering. They showed more respect to Pa Wii than they do to an average Burmese boxer.

Part 1:
YouTube - Muay Thai Champion(Par Vi) vs. Myanmar Letwei(Tway McShaun) Part 1

Part 2:
YouTube - Muay Thai Champion(Par Vi) vs. Myanmar Lethwei(Tway McShaun) Part 2

Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #13
Snubnoze707
มวยไทย

Nice work. Ive always been interested in Leth Wei but was never sure who the top fighters were. Its hard to judge a sport without seeing it at its best.

Are there any forums or websites that have fights available to download so I can make DVD's out of this?

Snubnoze707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #14
FRANKIE 総統
RAINMAKER

vCash: 285
Due to the internet extension I think the European fight takes place in Austria

さようなら ハイアン・グレイシ

リオン武
FRANKIE 総統 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #15
afm171

Black Belt

Those guys are tough...

Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #16
Setsuna

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snubnoze707 View Post
Nice work. Ive always been interested in Leth Wei but was never sure who the top fighters were. Its hard to judge a sport without seeing it at its best.

Are there any forums or websites that have fights available to download so I can make DVD's out of this?

Don't think so. I ws thinking about rapidsharing the files, but I've been a bit lazy gettting around to it.

This is the end of Tway Ma Shaung's 2008 run. I may do another thread of notable 2008 fights as well. I want to upload a bunch of leth wei while I'm in Canada, and even if not many people check it out at least there will be some feedback.