Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Muay Thai and Kickboxing

Muay Thai and Kickboxing Fist and Feet Fighting Forum Discussion.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:09 AM   #11
firstround-ko
What's old to me is new to you.

vCash: 500
GREAT FIGHT.
Abidi was there to hurt JLB... not to win. Winning would have been nice in the grand scheme of things, but he wanted to fuck up JLB... and he succeeded.

I just wish that a Japanese ref wasn't reffing. That is the problem with K-1. Even when they are not in Japan, the Japanese refs are there and they are dodgy as fuck.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #12
L3n

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpopenfresh View Post
Is there any way you Head can get swollen like that without having lasting, effects?
What do you mean with "lasting effects"? This is not exactly permanent and the swelling goes down pretty fast. It happens when there's internal bleeding/swelling on the forehead and no open wound to release the pressure.

L3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:50 AM   #13
sparkles

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstround-ko View Post
GREAT FIGHT.
Abidi was there to hurt JLB... not to win. Winning would have been nice in the grand scheme of things, but he wanted to fuck up JLB... and he succeeded.

I just wish that a Japanese ref wasn't reffing. That is the problem with K-1. Even when they are not in Japan, the Japanese refs are there and they are dodgy as fuck.
Well I don't entirely agree. Of course Abidi wanted to hurt Le Banner badly, the bad blood and rage from him towards Le Banner was rather obvious ( Paris 2003 incident ). But of course he wanted to win badly as well. He had been waiting for a long time for this fight and this was finally his chance to take the N 1 status of France by defeating Le Banner. Him shaking his head after the fight pretty much tells the story.

Something similar happend to Hasim Rahman. Same result, same cause.

sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #14
mrpopenfresh

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3n View Post
What do you mean with "lasting effects"? This is not exactly permanent and the swelling goes down pretty fast. It happens when there's internal bleeding/swelling on the forehead and no open wound to release the pressure.
You know, trauma, bleeding. Makes you slower forever. Wouldnt a bump like thatput huge pressure on your brain? I on't know anything, just saying.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #15
Rudy Richter
Amateur Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpopenfresh View Post
You know, trauma, bleeding. Makes you slower forever. Wouldnt a bump like thatput huge pressure on your brain? I on't know anything, just saying.
The swelling is not in the skull cavity.....It's like a gigantic swollen pimple on your forhead that you keep playing with that will not pop....

Cus D'Amato
Rudy Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #16
Thunder Gatti

Nasty looking

Old 11-02-2008, 04:14 AM   #17
theSQad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
This fight however pretty much ruined and ended his career
Why do you say that?

theSQad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:54 AM   #18
sparkles

Purple Belt

Well you should check the 2 last fights fights he had in K-1 after this bout and then you'll understand why. This was his last good fight.

sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote