Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #71
GracieBJJallDay**
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuePee View Post
I hope you stay on that question?

I have asked for a quote (any quote) many times as there are a few guys (Gracie, PB, etc) who always suggest Anderson is basically a tiny MW in the cage and that Maia and Akiyama both fight lighter then GSP. Of course the ones promoting that idea generally have a different agenda they are promoting. Despite Maia and Akiyama not being big weight cutters I would bet they are both cutting from more then GSP currently weighs and in the cage at more then GSP weighs before even cutting.

Keep asking him to 'cite' and see if you have more luck then I have.
You are a loser, and you continue to stalk my threads and make up lies about what I have said.

Worst poster on Sherdog (asside from white belt trolls).

Look up the prefight presser for UFC 112 and STFU and GTFO.

GracieBJJallDay** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #72
louieb

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedg72 View Post
LMAO

UFC 67:185

UFC 67 Weigh-In Results - MMA on Tap

UFC 73: 184.5
(oh and Nate Marquardt was 182.5, he must be a small MW like Anderson too )

- UFC 73 WEIGH-IN RESULTS & PHOTOS | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 77: 184.5

UFC 77 Weigh In Results - UFC Results

UFC 82: 185

Silva, Henderson Make Weight

UFC 90: 184

UFC 90 official weigh-in results (updated) | MMAjunkie.com

UFC 112:185

UFC 112 weigh-in results: All fighters on weight, including Silva (185) and Maia (184) | MMAjunkie.com

UFC 117: 184.5

UFC 117 Weigh-In Results - Watch Kalib Run

So there ya go, I left out his 205 fights and I could not find the Ultimate Fight Night 5 or UFC 64 weigh in results. Also Nate Marquardt weighed in as light as 182.5 so overshooting a cut does happen.
Official UFC 97 Weigh-In Results
Main Event UFC Middleweight Championship
Thales Leites (185) vs Anderson Silva (182)

UFC 97 REDEMPTION Anderson Silva Vs Thales Leites Weigh In Results LAS VEGAS REAL ESTATE | HOMES FOR SALE IN LAS VEGAS | LAS VEGAS NEW HOME

LPC 21310
louieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #73
natedg72

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieBJJallDay View Post
Where is the 182 against Thales Leites? Oooops did we forget that one????
No since we had already mentioned it I didn't think you would need to see it again. It was the fact that he was under MULTIPLE times that I was refuting. If it happens once I am willing to bet he overshot his cut.

but here ya go... his one weigh in when he wasn't 184 or 185:

UFC 97 Weigh-In Results - Bloody Elbow

I guess Nate is not very big either since he was 182.5 once at a weigh ins.

natedg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #74
DearyLeary

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rogaine View Post
This is GSP's excuse so he can wait until Anderson is in his late 30's
Why does it have to be an excuse? If he wants to fight at 185, he'll move up and see if he can compete.

Nobody can really explain why they want to see this fight, it's really just the GSP haters wanting to see him lose to a bigger opponent.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #75
@large
Remaining objective in a subjective sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieBJJallDay View Post
You're wrong. But don't let that stand in your way.
Care to back that up with actual quotes or facts on record?

Care to actually argue instead of simply contradicting?

“I’m used to training against bigger guys,” said Silva. A lot of people talk about moving up and down in weight,” he said. “For me, it is a little difficult to cut weight to make 185, but I walk around at 215 to 220 pounds, so for me to cut to 185, I do have to eat a little bit of a different diet, and do a little bit of a different type of cardio workout to get my weight down. For 205, I just eat differently, and I don’t have to cut as much weight. But both 185 and 205 work fine for me.” A. Silva

Anderson Silva Talks Weight Class Adjustments, 185 lbs vs 205 lbs | World Extreme Fighter ~ MMA Fights, Girls and Action

Create/manage fighters and pit them against others: http://bit.ly/XohYf4
@large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #76
Squarechoke

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubisrocks View Post
i can........the reason that gsp is the number 2 p4p fighter....has alot to do with the fact that he always.....always has a huge size advantage on all of his opponents......silva does not.....he has fought everywhere from 170 to 205.....gsp wont move because he is very uncomfortable with using only skill and speed to win a fight......p4p silva is a better fighter
Trolling is pointless if it's done unintelligently. GSP has weighed less than the majority of his opponents, which everyone who pays somewhat attention knows. There hasn't always been a difference that really gives the opponent an advantage but that's irrelevant when establishing that GSP didn't have a huge size advantage.

Squarechoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #77
kaunman24
Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubisrocks View Post
i can........the reason that gsp is the number 2 p4p fighter....has alot to do with the fact that he always.....always has a huge size advantage on all of his opponents......silva does not.....he has fought everywhere from 170 to 205.....gsp wont move because he is very uncomfortable with using only skill and speed to win a fight......p4p silva is a better fighter
I am sorry, but have you ever seen Thiago Alves or Jon Fitch before? Even Dan Hardy looked bigger than GSP. Stop with the always always always B.S. Also, take a look at the 205 fights. 1. I think Anderson was the same exact size as Irvin, and 2. Size and weight didnt come into play once in either of those fights...I'd imagine it was because the guys were hand picked by his management and the UFC. Not for nothing...but not the most amazing, awe inspiring, jaw dropping move up in weight.

And to say that GSP doesnt use speed and skill to win his fights???? Are you on drugs? Have you ever seen the man fight? What did he use to beat Kos, hypnosis?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #78
heftysum**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnow View Post
Why Silva should turn down GSP fight
Why do you switch realities?

Silva offered a GSP fight, is even open to fight GSP in two weight classes. It's all up to GSP.

heftysum** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #79
xTommyBoyx

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearyLeary View Post
1) p4p doesn't have anything to do with jumping weight classes. Stop spouting that
nonsense. 4-8 lbs at this point in time is a pipe dream, it'd be closer to 15-20lbs right now.

2) makes no sense, moving up after getting outmuscled? Silva's wins at LHW were against powderpuff matchmaking. Anyone standing in the pocket it just begging to get knocked out. A bigger wrestler would hurt Anderson bad.

3) given no size difference, GSP passes everyone's guard, Anderson would be no different, and he would punish Anderson from advanced position.

It's all speculative of course, because I don't know if this fight will ever happen. Neither fighter has really expressed much interest in the fight, and Dana waffles about it all the time. They're two major breadmakers in the UFC, and one of them losing to the other is bad for long term business.
1) Pipe dream is right about the 4-8 pound difference.

2) I'll give ya the Irvin fight on the Powderpuff matchmaking. But Forrest is the same guy that out wrestled and subbed shogun. I don't think many people thought it was going to be that one sided when they made that matchup.

I think the last comment that is highlighted is why we will never see this fight. Why would UFC make their two most dominant champs fight each other? Having two super dominant champs makes for more big ppv's than one.

xTommyBoyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #80
Bushido86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearyLeary View Post
Why does it have to be an excuse? If he wants to fight at 185, he'll move up and see if he can compete.

Nobody can really explain why they want to see this fight, it's really just the GSP haters wanting to see him lose to a bigger opponent.
Are you saying Anderson Silva would defeat GSP?

Bushido86 is offline   Reply With Quote