Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #1
RetardControl

White Belt

vCash: 500
*** Trump Sides With Affliction ***

Donald J. Trump Grounds And Pounds The MMA World In New Partnership With Affliction! (Exclusive Interviews with MMAyou)

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK (June 3, 2008) – Affliction will pull out its Trump card Thursday when the company officially announces its partnership with Donald J. Trump at a press conference to be held in Trump Tower at 12:00PM. Trump will take the podium to address the press and outline his involvement with Affliction and their entry into the world of professional mixed-martial-arts (MMA) with their first event named, “Affliction Banned,” slated for July 19th 2008 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.

“We are very excited to be partnering with the most recognized and accomplished business mogul in the world, “ said Tom Atencio, vice president of Affliction. “Trump is a true visionary who shares our belief in the future of MMA.”

“I have been a fan of professional sports since childhood, and I am particularly impressed by the athleticism, courage, and strength of these disciplined athletes.” said Donald J. Trump. “This particular sport resembles my business style of being fast paced, strategic, and aggressive…remembering to never give up. I am particularly excited to partner with Affliction and become a major player in promotion of MMA; the youngest and fastest growing sport to emerge in the last century.”

“Affliction Banned” features a star-studded fight card with Fedor “The Last Emperor” Emelianko (27-1), the former undisputed PRIDE® champion and Russian M-1® legend, taking on former 2-time UFC® heavyweight title-holder Tim “The Maine-iac” Sylvia (24-4), in the main event.

The exciting four-fight undercard is loaded with Josh “The Baby Faced Assassin” Barnett (22-5), of Seattle, facing-off stateside for the first time in two years in a grudge match against the only opponent to ever knock him out, Brazilian strongman Pedro “The Rock” Rizzo (16-7).

Three-time All-America wrestler Mike Whitehead (20-5), of Salt Lake City, will battle Brazilian sensation Renato “Babalu” Sobral (29-7), of Costa Mesa, California. 2000 Olympic wrestling silver medalist Matt “The Law” Lindland (20-5), of Oregon City, faces Brazilian favorite Fabio “Negao” Nascimento (8-3). “Big” Ben Rothwell (29-5), of Kenosha, Wisconsin, is scheduled to fight an opponent to be determined in this groundbreaking event

RetardControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
Big_E

White Belt

You'd be wise to link excepts from press releases or articles like this.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #3
AlphaProphet

Blue Belt

Even though this might be a troll job it makes me wonder with Tito being on the Apprentice and having connections with Trump if he will not be not only fighting there but also have an executive role in the company.

AlphaProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
pittelp
Smokin Joe belt winner

Good for him.

pittelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #6
pyuchai

Orange Belt

Cool, I hope tito joins Affliction as well. Might end up being a good organization.

pyuchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #7
jakeharris74

Black Belt

I think we know where Tito is heading next.

Symptoms of mental retardation: slow childhood development, prone to self-injury, not agreeing with Jakeharris74, behavior disorders, aggression.
jakeharris74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:58 AM   #8
Bluphysted**
Banned

Wow.

That's actually pretty huge, if it's legit.

Bluphysted** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #9
etenightstar

Brown Belt

Good for the back end for them but its not going to help their promotional abilities to draw fans in anyway.

WW: GSP:UFC Champ, Hazelett
LW: Huerta

Brock lost fairly, he'll be back and champion again
etenightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #10
pollenmusic

Orange Belt

His hair aside, I do believe Trump has a sincere appreciation of and respect for the athletes. That's good and might be the yin to the business minded, money hungry yang of it all. A bit like Dana but with hair.

pollenmusic is offline   Reply With Quote