Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #51
aldeniro78
Belt Purchased at Sears
 
aldeniro78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsy1 View Post
what kind of stupid argument is this.

well, Chael didnt knock Silva down.

I guess Chael won the fight, didn't he?
It's not an argument, cocksmoke, I'm just showing how delusional some of the pathetic Silva fans are.

Maybe we can find out once and for all who's the better fighter in a rematch. That would actually be a great comeback fight for both guys, when Sonnen comes back from his suspension and Silva after losing to Belfort.

aldeniro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #52
BloodAngel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: camp pendleton, CA
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimuraT15 View Post
Knocking down MMA's greatest striker is a big deal, and Phael Sonnen failed doing that. Only his idiotic fans or average sherdoggers believe so.
Yeah, that's why sonnen winning the stand up was so significant.

The only people who fail to understand how impressive it was are people that are too dumb or too biased to accept it.

If Sonnen didn't impress you in that fight, which I think is the case, given your repeated "phael" pun, that means you are as big of an idiotic fan as the strawmen you are pretending you are talking to.

BloodAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #53
Morphumax

Brown Belt
 
Morphumax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix-ish
Posts: 2,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjohnson View Post
and the whole world is lauging at your dumb ass


next you're going to tell us that he didn't Outstrike him 290 to 29 either

or outwrestle him

He did keep the belt.

Guess which one matters.

Morphumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #54
Squarechoke

Silver Belt
 
Squarechoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 11,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimuraT15 View Post
Thanks for proving my point, finally. A glove touching the canvas is only scored as a knockdown in Boxing. In MMA, you will NEVER get a 10-8 round for doing that to an opponent.

Point in blank. Sonnen fanboys act like their boy knocked Silva flat on his back when the only thing he did was knock him off balance.
You don't get a 10-8 for just knocking someone down in MMA so you don't have to play Captain Obvious. If you actually think knocking someone down and having him rocked is a straight 10-8 in MMA you certainly have a lot to learn.

Squarechoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #55
frenzy
Brooklyn Baby
 
frenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 23,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphumax View Post
He did keep the belt.

Guess which one matters.
Still doesn't make it untrue.

frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #56
BloodAngel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: camp pendleton, CA
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphumax View Post
He did keep the belt.

Guess which one matters.
And major props for him, it was one of the most epic comebacks in mma history.

Objectively calling a knockdown a knockdown doesn't automatically make you a hater of the guy dropped or a nuthugger of the guy that dropped him.

Sonnen had a great fight, had silva hurt and was dominating, and silva pulled off the win. Any logical, sensible fan should have been impressed with BOTH of them, not somehow dismissing one or the other for retarded reasons.

Silva isn't overrated or shitty just because sonnen did a lot of good, including a fucking knockdown, and Sonnen isn't overrated or shitty just because he lost to one of the best fighters of all time, especially because of how he had done until that point.

But that's sherdog, I guess. You can't be a fan of one fighter without hating whoever they fought/are fighting.

BloodAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #57
KimuraT15
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngel View Post
Not every knockdown automatically makes a round 10-8, and UFC 117 Results & Live Play-by-Play

One PbPer DID have that round 10-8.

While I was looking for that, here's this:

- UFC 117: LIVE RESULTS AND PLAY-BY-PLAY | MMAWeekly.com



GASP again!

MMA not having 8-counts doesn't change what a knockdown is.

And I could give a fuck about any sonnen nuthuggers who say he knocked silva flat out, since I have yet to see even one make that claim.

I have, however, seen many people say he knocked Silva down. All of such people tend to not be Silva nuthuggers who don't understand the terminology they are spouting off about and let their blind bias obviously affect their perception of reality.
Wait so you're gonna prove it by looking at what other people said about it, and somehow bending the rules to make it sound better for your argument. Sorry chap, but historically a knockdown in boxing is a lot more diffirent than in MMA or K1. A glove touching a canvas for a split second doesn't give anyone the right to claim or brag that it was a knockdown. Like I told you in my first post, a knockdown is something like Belfort-Lidell, Mir-Nogueira, hell even Silva's elbow to Sonnen. I.E. something where the victim is DOWN on the canvas.

And for anybody claiming i'm a Silva nuthugger, I actually dogged him after the Maia fight. This has nothing to do with Phael fans hyping up their guy with lies like this.

KimuraT15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #58
s1fys
abc
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: usa
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeniro78 View Post
It's not an argument, cocksmoke, I'm just showing how delusional some of the pathetic Silva fans are.

Maybe we can find out once and for all who's the better fighter in a rematch. That would actually be a great comeback fight for both guys, when Sonnen comes back from his suspension and Silva after losing to Belfort.
Who's even talking about the better fighter here? Stop taking things so personally just because u like a cheater and fraud like Sonnen.

It wasnt a knockdown. Silva's hand tapped the floor once and got up. Of cos i know Silva got beat up badly and taken down many times, but he won and u shouldnt so sore about it.

s1fys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #59
Jackonfire**
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kizmiaz
Posts: 6,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalstrife777 View Post
are you serious dude

getting punched 297 times while landing less than thirty shots constitutes BEAT THE FUCK UP. he got beat the fuck up, the man admitted himself
I'm totally serious. If you beat someone the fuck up, they aren't able to submit you late in the 5th of a championship fight. Not all strikes are equal. Several of the 297 strikes Sonnen landed were far from damaging and more just to avoid getting stood up.

But to put this into terms you might better understand, I guarantee you if were to hit 297 times in just under 25 minutes, you wouldn't be getting up.

Jackonfire** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #60
Conan Lerehcob
UFC151 CPS BELT
 
Conan Lerehcob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: European Union Always Support: Filipović, Imanari, Barry, Sonnen
Posts: 9,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimuraT15 View Post
hell even Silva's elbow to Sonnen. I.E. something where the victim is DOWN on the canvas.
Woh, you really don't know what you're watching, you cannot call the elbow a knockdown and have it backward to say that Anderson just slipped the second time or didn't touched the floor enough for your taste the first time.

You just proved how EXTREMELY biased you are.

__________________
"When I decided to go after the light heavyweight championship, I knew that I'd win it like I always do."

"Lebatard : What is your greatest advantage over Jon Jones?"
"Sonnen : Reach."
Conan Lerehcob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"