Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Canuckz
Banned

vCash: 500
Rich Franklin's Training Camp

In the front page article on Sherdog, they mention that on Aug 27th Rich will start his camp for his rematch with Anderson. They mention that he has a bunch of UFC vetrans there to help him train and they mention Marcus Davis, Dustin Hazelett, Jorge Gurgel and Joe Riggs. Now here is my question- would it not be in his best interest to go out and bring in someone who is a muay thai expert and who is currently competing in MMA? If so, who do you think he could bring in that would be an asset?

Canuckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
JRS1982
Banned

Wandy, cause he to has a devastating clinch.

JRS1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Canuckz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS1982 View Post
Wandy, cause he to has a devastating clinch.
Him and Anderson are buddies, so it would have to be someone that isn't affiliated in any way to the spider.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
Dragan

White Belt

Rich should have spent a lot of time in Fairtex to be honest.

He should be working on two things , either his clinch game, which he is unlikely to bring up to Anderson's level in such a short space of time ( he had to train for Okami, remember ) or his double and singles and ground game.

If Rich can start working takedowns from the shot then he has a chance.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
rpnp
Banned

Location: In a hidden bunker planning my assassination of Dan Miragliotta
I think Rich thought he was more powerful, stronger, had better clinch/stand up then silva in the first fight and sadly this was not the case.. the second fight is going to be different and i believe Rich is gonna look to "tire" out silva..

oh and to answer ur question.. i say he should switch camps and go train w/ chutebox or maybe bas @ legends.. because training w/ Marcus Davis and Joe Riggs (not bashing) is not going to cut it against silva's elite standup arsenal

rpnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
Canuckz
Banned

You know i think that obviously rich's plan will not be to clinch, but i feel that if he ends up there he better be more prepared for it then last time and thus needs to train with someone of similar calibre...

Old 08-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
Nathan Michelson
Amateur Fighter

it's going to take more than 6-8 weeks to get your stand up to anderson's level... he needs to train areas that he is stronger than anderson in and try to focus on how to get the fight there. that sounds stupid, cause it's pretty easy to figure out, but that's how he's going to win.

i personaly think he should sweep the leg

Nathan Michelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #8
mullcap

Blue Belt

anderson is rolling right now. there will be no upset here

Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #9
Canuckz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Michelson View Post
it's going to take more than 6-8 weeks to get your stand up to anderson's level... he needs to train areas that he is stronger than anderson in and try to focus on how to get the fight there. that sounds stupid, cause it's pretty easy to figure out, but that's how he's going to win.

I totally agree that he needs to maximize his strengths but i think you would agree when i say that there are times in fights when you find yourself in a worst case scenario and you need to get out...and i think we saw that last fight and now rich needs to train to be able to get himself out if that occurs again.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #10
Douchebaggery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Michelson View Post

Silva will counter with the Crane kick

Douchebaggery is offline   Reply With Quote