Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
StevenTLS2007

Blue Belt
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SA
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
Ratings for Strikeforce:Heavy Artillery/UFC Ultimate Fights 2010

Showtime nets 308,000 viewers for "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" | MMAjunkie.com

Not sure if this has been posted.

I was honestly kind of surprised that the UFC did almost triple what Strikeforce did but I'm glad. I was getting tired of all the Strikeforce>UFC threads and how after this even everyone will see who the better ORG is and all that. The way it stands Strikeforce has nothing on the UFC even with what some people said was one of their best cards they still couldn't touch UFC's numbers. And you can't blame it on being on Showtime cause Strikeforce:Miami did 517,000 viewers.

__________________
I'ma Do Mines, Ya'll Do Ya'lls
Amateur MMA Record 3-1
Proud Member of Brazilian Top Team training under Marcello Salazar
StevenTLS2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
KTFOMMA
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Yeah!

KTFOMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
shalabi
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,740
vCash: 500
Strikeforce = Still building American compnay.
UFC = Established leader of the sport.

Not surprising and Strikeforce is doing fine if they continue their business model of growing slowly but surely.

shalabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
BlazerMMA**
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The 905
Posts: 4,414
vCash: 500
That's ridiculous..?

How can anyone call themselves an MMA fan if they watched the UFC replay Saturday...

Zuffa nuthuggers..

Thats actually so ridiculous..

BlazerMMA** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Tooth and Nail
Forever Brocktober
 
Tooth and Nail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In your face.
Posts: 29,289
vCash: 500
Strikeforce spends very little money and effort building up their brand and fighters.

__________________
The one who doesn't fall doesn't stand up.
- Fedor Emelianenko

In fact professional wrestling is strong.
- Kazushi Sakuraba
Tooth and Nail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Raptor Jezus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA bye-bye strikeforce you can't make profit when you get tripled by UFC re-runs.

Raptor Jezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
Furyus

Brown Belt
 
Furyus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenTLS2007 View Post
Showtime nets 308,000 viewers for "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" | MMAjunkie.com

Not sure if this has been posted.

I was honestly kind of surprised that the UFC did almost triple what Strikeforce did but I'm glad. I was getting tired of all the Strikeforce>UFC threads and how after this even everyone will see who the better ORG is and all that. The way it stands Strikeforce has nothing on the UFC even with what some people said was one of their best cards they still couldn't touch UFC's numbers. And you can't blame it on being on Showtime cause Strikeforce:Miami did 517,000 viewers.
Like the article you link to says, Showtime is available in 12 million homes, Spike is available in 98.6 million homes.

Doing 3 times the ratings is hardly a shocker yet idiots keep making stupid threads about something they have no idea about.

__________________
Forrest Griffin: "I see Anderson over there, he broke me man, he broke me."
Furyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
KNN
battle-scarred shogun
 
KNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Carson CA
Posts: 6,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalabi View Post
Strikeforce = Still building American compnay.
UFC = Established leader of the sport.

Not surprising and Strikeforce is doing fine if they continue their business model of growing slowly but surely.
That business model went out the window when they signed Fedor. They were once a promotion that put on shows that catered to local fighters and their fanbase to an organization that adopted the elitexc plan of action hoping that Fedor would be enough to push them to the top.

KNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
axxes_merdas
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: home of savages stockton california
Posts: 2,243
vCash: 500


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerMMA View Post
That's ridiculous..?

How can anyone call themselves an MMA fan if they watched the UFC replay Saturday...

Zuffa nuthuggers..

Thats actually so ridiculous..

axxes_merdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
MOJO Fire

Black Belt
 
MOJO Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,555
vCash: 500
I had a party at my house to watch the SF card, and some people didnt know 1 fighter on the card and a little more than half only knew Arlovski.

Thats the problem with SF, they dont do enough shows, not many people have showtime, they dont show undercard fights, they dont build up their young stars but favor bums like Hershel Walker and Bobby Lashley. SF needs to be on tv more. Every night on Spike, UFC has (ultimate fighter, unleashed, primetime, ultimate knockouts, replays, etc...) UFC does autograph sessions, expos, appearances, their fighters just get tons of exposure. SF doesnt even advertise, except for Fedor and Dan Henderson, no wonder the average MMA cant name 5 guys in SF

__________________
Love me some Jojo Calderwood, Felice Herrig, Miesha Tate, Jessica Penne, Michelle Waterson
MOJO Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"