Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
RepairManManMan

vCash: 500
Off Topic?: UFC Undisputed 3 servers.

I just bought a copy of UFC 3 and noticed that the servers have been down for a long ass time, my friend had a copy bout 3 months ago and we noticed when the servers went down. Now, since I've had it (3 weeks) I havent been able to get online, anybody have information on this? is this due to the THQ/UFC divorce?

RepairManManMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
paulr88

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepairManManMan View Post
I just bought a copy of UFC 3 and noticed that the servers have been down for a long ass time, my friend had a copy bout 3 months ago and we noticed when the servers went down. Now, since I've had it (3 weeks) I havent been able to get online, anybody have information on this? is this due to the THQ/UFC divorce?
I wouldn't bother with online dude, all what will happen is spammed kicks and once you land a good combo, the other guy takes you down into side control and exposes the flawed side mount ground n pound problem - 2 elbows/hammerfists and you're rocked I just play tournament and career mode

Edit: also, I'm pretty sure the unranked mode still works online. If you want good fair online gaming, get UFC 09 - tons of folk still play it - sometimes I create a brand new account and go on and beat the crap out of level 100's just to see them disconnect in rage lol

paulr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
Lou Reed

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr88 View Post
I wouldn't bother with online dude, all what will happen is spammed kicks and once you land a good combo, the other guy takes you down into side control and exposes the flawed side mount ground n pound problem - 2 elbows/hammerfists and you're rocked I just play tournament and career mode
Butthurt scrub detected.

Was thinking about buying another Xbox just so I could jam this game again, I loved killing it online with Kongo. Would love to hear more about this server issue though, if anyone has any more information; I don't want to fork out for a game I won't even be able to play...

Lou Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
MANIAC123
YOLO SWAG

vCash: 29423
I just play tournament/event mode normally I found a website that has got me realistic Hendricks, Weidman, Werdum etc... into the game.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
jukebox
Boo

vCash: 746
You're supposed to make threads like this in the OT. Mods should move it there.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
UniqueSteez

Purple Belt

vCash: 917
Yes the servers have been offically closed but player matches work just not the ranked matches.

UniqueSteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
paulr88

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Reed View Post
Butthurt scrub detected.

Was thinking about buying another Xbox just so I could jam this game again, I loved killing it online with Kongo. Would love to hear more about this server issue though, if anyone has any more information; I don't want to fork out for a game I won't even be able to play...
Nah not butthurt dude - just felt cheated - I don't play many online games and I started to notice every time I played, people just sidemounted when you started to do well. Obviously you haven't played this game online if you feel that way

Old 06-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #8
Clickers
Banned

THQ has gone bankrupt, IIRC. So the servers have been shut down.

Clickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #9
RepairManManMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr88 View Post

Edit: also, I'm pretty sure the unranked mode still works online. If you want good fair online gaming, get UFC 09 - tons of folk still play it - sometimes I create a brand new account and go on and beat the crap out of level 100's just to see them disconnect in rage lol
Dude everyone knows you catch the kicks and then spam takedown intercepting knee until you eventually catch them and then throw a head kick as they are standin up.

RepairManManMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #10
paulr88

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukebox View Post
You're supposed to make threads like this in the OT. Mods should move it there.
Lol be quiet