Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
DynamoGT
Banned

vCash: 500
Icon3 Most Controversial Training Tactic: The Grease Down

Do you guys think GSP does this as well? remember he said he enjoys reading up on ancient techniques like the nipple twist?

BOXING'S MOST CONTROVERSIAL TRAINING TACTIC: THE GREASE DOWN | Bleacher Report

by zeferino jackson

TRAINERS AND FIGHTERS COMMENT

For this piece, I visited a few boxing gyms and spoke to a few trainers.
Trainer, Carlton Jenkins, of Philadelphia states, ďAll the great old time fighters use to get greasy before a fight. I used to get greasy when I was a fighter. I got greasy in the dressing room with my trainer before I won the Philadelphia Golden Gloves in 1965. I still grease down my fighters. I tell them all. If they want to train with me, they have to be willing to be old school. Back then, there wasnít all this homophobia or whatever they call it. It wasnít nothing for a man to massage the surrounding area of another manís balls if it was for boxing purposes. The fighter knew that his trainer would do anything for him and it was vice versa.Ē

Trainer, Sammy Garcia, of New Jersey states, ďI know about the naked slick down. We used to do that back in the day all the time. It originated in the prison boxing system. Sometimes the boxers even used to do it to the trainers. I think people stopped doing it because of the taboo and yes there was even some times when boxers would get a hard on and it would make things uncomfortable. I donít know if it is true, but I heard that ex champ Demarcus Corley once fired a trainer for refusing to touch his genitalia during the rub down. That shows you how good the technique is. I donít do it anymore, but if you are a trainer, you canít be shy about it or else the fighter wonít respect you, especially if he is from the streets. Also, you should ask the fighter to take a shower first because even the ass crack must be greased. I think trainers should get paid extra money to do this but some trainers will do it for free.Ē

Lou Mota, amateur boxing sensation: ďAt first I was hesitant about my trainer putting his hands all over my naked body but I saw the results and stuck with it. I never get aroused during the grease down and I usually get knockouts. I recommend all fighters to have their trainers rub them down before a fight.Ē

DynamoGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
RECKONER
Fortune and glory, kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoGT View Post
Do you guys think GSP does this as well? remember he said he enjoys reading up on ancient techniques like the nipple twist?

BOXING'S MOST CONTROVERSIAL TRAINING TACTIC: THE GREASE DOWN | Bleacher Report

by zeferino jackson

TRAINERS AND FIGHTERS COMMENT

For this piece, I visited a few boxing gyms and spoke to a few trainers.
Trainer, Carlton Jenkins, of Philadelphia states, ďAll the great old time fighters use to get greasy before a fight. I used to get greasy when I was a fighter. I got greasy in the dressing room with my trainer before I won the Philadelphia Golden Gloves in 1965. I still grease down my fighters. I tell them all. If they want to train with me, they have to be willing to be old school. Back then, there wasnít all this homophobia or whatever they call it. It wasnít nothing for a man to massage the surrounding area of another manís balls if it was for boxing purposes. The fighter knew that his trainer would do anything for him and it was vice versa.Ē

Trainer, Sammy Garcia, of New Jersey states, ďI know about the naked slick down. We used to do that back in the day all the time. It originated in the prison boxing system. Sometimes the boxers even used to do it to the trainers. I think people stopped doing it because of the taboo and yes there was even some times when boxers would get a hard on and it would make things uncomfortable. I donít know if it is true, but I heard that ex champ Demarcus Corley once fired a trainer for refusing to touch his genitalia during the rub down. That shows you how good the technique is. I donít do it anymore, but if you are a trainer, you canít be shy about it or else the fighter wonít respect you, especially if he is from the streets. Also, you should ask the fighter to take a shower first because even the ass crack must be greased. I think trainers should get paid extra money to do this but some trainers will do it for free.Ē

Lou Mota, amateur boxing sensation: ďAt first I was hesitant about my trainer putting his hands all over my naked body but I saw the results and stuck with it. I never get aroused during the grease down and I usually get knockouts. I recommend all fighters to have their trainers rub them down before a fight.Ē
LOL WUT

RECKONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
bhop116

White Belt

Bj Penn (Hawaii, HI) wrote
at 10:44am
GSP loves using Vaseline especially with his MALE LOVERS !!

bj wrote that on his fanpage on facebook check it out
it wont let me make my own thread :S

bhop116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
DynamoGT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhop116 View Post
Bj Penn (Hawaii, HI) wrote
at 10:44am
GSP loves using Vaseline especially with his MALE LOVERS !!

bj wrote that on his fanpage on facebook check it out
it wont let me make my own thread :S
damn bj is sore

Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
DynamoGT
Banned

anyone else know about this tactic

Old 02-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Roca

Green Belt

WTF?

"The full body nude grease down was actually introduced to boxing by a Catholic priest ..."

That explains a lot.

Roca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
DynamoGT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca View Post
WTF?

"The full body nude grease down was actually introduced to boxing by a Catholic priest ..."

That explains a lot.
lol