Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
mbungle
Banned

Location: I feel I'm walking into suicide, and you'll be right there by my side, to beam my message into space, as I die
vCash: 500
Marcos Rua

Mauricio and Murilo Rua are one of the most high profile siblings in MMA. And that duo is about to become a trio. Marcos Rua, 22, the younger brother of the high profile Brazilian fighters is set to follow in his older brothers footsteps when he makes his MMA debut in March at the latest.
The youngest and biggest Rua was supposed to debut this month for a Brazilian event, but that event was delayed until March according to his brother "Shogun" Rua.
Hes doing well, training tough and very focused," Rua told Tatame.com. "He would have fought at "The Glory" (a Brazilian event), but that was delayed until March. But we'd like to see him fighting before that."

mbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
mbungle
Banned

Location: I feel I'm walking into suicide, and you'll be right there by my side, to beam my message into space, as I die
Just found this a little bit ago.

If posted, sorry.

When I heard it I got really fucking excited.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #3
Andre Xiong
Professional Fighter

im not excited because there was a thread i once saw.........Marco's nickname was not similar to that of Ninja and Shogun (I think it was like a Chinese nicknam) and it was rumoured that he wanted to be a.........DJ instead.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #4
mbungle
Banned

I think he's about 10 years younger than his brothers so maybe he just didn't fit in maybe?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
Corey Roberts
Amateur Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_the_Great View Post
im not excited because there was a thread i once saw.........Marco's nickname was not similar to that of Ninja and Shogun (I think it was like a Chinese nicknam) and it was rumoured that he wanted to be a.........DJ instead.
The nickname i seen in a thread was ''shaolin'' rua, i thought it was pretty cool

''He said he was god. I said lord you're in the wrong place tonight'' -Joe Frazier

WARRR BIG COUNTRY
Corey Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Nastyboy

Purple Belt

Hmm, the Diaz Brothers win fights though. As much as i hate their antics, they prove it in the ring/cage.

Nastyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
aunshi189

Green Belt

Hopefully he'll be able to grow outside of his brothers' shadows. Must be tough for guys whose brothers are more high profile than them.

aunshi189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
Death Ronin**
Banned

His nickname should be "Ronin"

Death Ronin** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #9
Black Paladin

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastyboy View Post
Hmm, the Diaz Brothers win fights though. As much as i hate their antics, they prove it in the ring/cage.
Ruas are the truth.

Black Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
selftaught

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastyboy View Post

I actually don't mind their antics. I understand the importance of professionalism and such but at the end of the day what do they really do for a living? They fight. Certain people are going to react to a fight differently then others.

I think with the KJ Noons situation, he really felt like KJ was ducking him and the win was a fluke. If I trained my ass off for months and then lost a title fight due to a cut I'd be pretty pissed off too.

Shaolin would be an awesome nickname.

Nastyboy, whos that chick on your av?

selftaught is offline   Reply With Quote