Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #51
thatKid
Here There Be Dragons

vCash: 3485
I wish Randleman was just entering the game today, at like 205. With a better camp the man could be soooo dominate.

Also, I think Randleman stands a better chance than most of you guys are saying...
But Brock would likely win, but Randleman has a very very very good punchers chance.

Livin' that Scrubs life.

Blue Devils doing big things
thatKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #52
RoyCisneros

Black Belt

vCash: 500
i'm seriously not seeing where this lesnar hype comes from.

RoyCisneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #53
ticho123

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlm View Post
lesnar as big as he is has no stregnth advantage over randleman.lesnar's best bench according to celebrity bench.com is 545, randleman at heavyweight benched well over 500 pounds.lesnar is 6'3" and weighs 285-290 pounds, randleman was at heavyweight 5'11" and about 228 pounds.randlemans arms are just as strong as lesnars, his legs are stronger.watch the randleman vs waterman fight in pride final conflict 2004.waterman is about 6'3" and weighs about 275 pounds. randleman picked him up and planted his ass 3 or 4 times.he only lost due to a bad game plan and notoriously bad sub defense.waterman has trained with lesnar and tours the country lifting logs and bending railroad spikes(strongman shit), so his stregnth isn't in question.couture and waterman would know about this. couture fought randleman and lesnar, waterman fought randleman and knows lesnar very well.
Never said that Brock is stronger, Randleman is a beast. But Brock isn't exactly weak either, and with the size advantage coupled with his wrestling skills I have a hard time seing Randleman using pure strength to put him on his back.

ticho123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #54
B0l0joe

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkt View Post
Tom Erickson was comparable to Brock in size and wrestling (perhaps a little better wrestling credentials). However, even in his early days he was older and much slower, and didn't do nearly as much full-time MMA cross-training.

Erickson DESTROYED a much younger Randleman. Outside a slight puncher's chance for Randleman, the same would happen if he faced Brock.
Beat me to it. I think Brock could stay on his feet against Randleman and would manage to drag him to the ground eventually.

''Fuck that, I'd stunner 16 nuns if they gave me herpes.'' Ke1
B0l0joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #55
tenniswhiz

Gold Belt

Randleman's "prime" was probably even before he went to Pride, back when he was the UFC champ. Probably around the time he beat Rizzo and Pete Williams.

The difference is Randleman's strategy (like the rest of those Hammer guys) didn't really evolve. Only GnP, with some token standup. Too bad, because he seemed to have all the potential in the world as an athlete; it's like he refused to learn.
Brock already has some decent standup and his bjj is already better than Randleman's ever was.

Because of his strength, Randleman could be unpredictable (like when he KO'd Crocop) but when he ran into a good sub fighter (like Saku) or a more well rounded fighter (like Randy, Fedor, or Rampage), he lost.

It was kind of sad watching him fight Mike Whitehead last year. Kevin acted like he was a kickboxer; he didn't score a single takedown and got taken down in every round. He rocked Whitehead once, but lost a lopsided decision and was very gassed. It was sad because here was a guy who used to be able to slam anyone to the canvas and he just looked terrible.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #56
carlm**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniswhiz View Post
Randleman's "prime" was probably even before he went to Pride, back when he was the UFC champ. Probably around the time he beat Rizzo and Pete Williams.

The difference is Randleman's strategy (like the rest of those Hammer guys) didn't really evolve. Only GnP, with some token standup. Too bad, because he seemed to have all the potential in the world as an athlete; it's like he refused to learn.
Brock already has some decent standup and his bjj is already better than Randleman's ever was.

Because of his strength, Randleman could be unpredictable (like when he KO'd Crocop) but when he ran into a good sub fighter (like Saku) or a more well rounded fighter (like Randy, Fedor, or Rampage), he lost.

It was kind of sad watching him fight Mike Whitehead last year. Kevin acted like he was a kickboxer; he didn't score a single takedown and got taken down in every round. He rocked Whitehead once, but lost a lopsided decision and was very gassed. It was sad because here was a guy who used to be able to slam anyone to the canvas and he just looked terrible.
actually quite a few thoughtful responses,mo.i thought therre would be a bunch of blind lesnar nuthuggers- 'oh lesnar's a god'.there was a few but mostly thoughtful comments. restores my faith in mma fans atleast on this sight.

carlm** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #57
Idioso

Green Belt

Brock would probably take it. While "The Monster" is both quick & strong, he didn't have much of a striking arsenal. He mainly just winged the left hook hard as hell and won ala Crocop & Ninja. Whereas Brock throws straighter longer punches. While there may be strong debate about the standup, there should be no arguement with the takedown/ground game going in Brock's favor. Randleman couldn't take Rampage to the ground. Rampage is neither as large or educated as Brock in wrestling. Randleman's slam on Fedor is one of my favorite's ever though! Right alongside Rampage/Arona.

Idioso is offline   Reply With Quote