Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #121
Jack V Savage
Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

vCash: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeystotle View Post
Originally Posted by badbeat
Drugs help, or they wouldnt be banned. How many drug tests has brock passed over the years? Amateur wrestling, NFL tryouts, MMA fights?

1. Ridiculous logic in that first sentence.

O.k. Jack. Time for class. Why do you think that the poster you quoted above has used 'ridiculous' logic? Of course I'm not familiar with any logic called 'ridiculous'. Enlighten me.
He's drawing an unsound conclusion from an unproven (and, yes, ridiculous) premise. Can you really not see that?

To spell it out for you, this is his argument: Drugs are banned; therefore, they must help. That doesn't even qualify as logic, and if you add an implicit second premise, it's either circular (drugs wouldn't be banned if they didn't help) or it's both wrong and it leads to an invalid conclusion (authorities ban things they think help).

Old 02-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #122
Donald Trump*
Banned

vCash: 500
Lesnar has many leather bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogony

Donald Trump* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #123
Pissed Positive

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by theocean View Post
If he was anything other than a PRO WRESTLER there wouldnt be hate for him....end of thread
I care more about who that is in your AV?

Pissed Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #124
Pokeystotle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack V. Savage View Post
1. Uh, OK. So you're willing to accuse everyone in Pride of having used steroids but not Brock Lesnar?

And what are these many reasons?

2. He said Brock would have lost to the top HWs in the world at the time, and you said you were insulted that he gave his opinion about how a fight would have gone. Very different from the fallacy you mention now.
I never accused everyone in Pride of using steriods. I said it was dirty because there was no testing at all. There were no attempts to prevent people from using what are considered banned substances, or performance enhancing drugs. There are many reasons to think that drugs help a performance. You didn't know that is was harder to knock out a guy sober, than one on crack or meth.

2. No, the poster gave a hypothesis contrary to fact. I'm paraphrasing here, and I don't have what he said commited to memory, but he said something to the effect of 'If Brock had been X, than such and such fights would have been Y'. Yeah, he commited the fallacy. Sorry that one isn't up for debate. He didn't say 'the top HW's in the world at the time", you did. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because the fallacy would still be there.

Pokeystotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #125
teeeger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul varelans_1 View Post
Which steroid is this? I ask because they usually have to be cycled over a period of time and I find it hard to believe that a drug could be out of your system in such a short time.

Not trying to be a dick-I just want to know.
testoterone propionate.. 1-2 weeks
winstrol 3 weeks
testo suspension a couple of days..
anavar 3 weeks
im not so sure about masteron though.. some stays for mor than 1 year like deca.

do i have to be specific on the cycles?? winstrol should be taken every other day its a water based steroid that has a couple of days active life. could be take in a 6 weeks cycle. upon the last shot.. its out of your system in 3 weeks.

anavar is the most popular gear used by athletes..

teeeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #126
Donald Trump*
Banned

Quote:
I never accused everyone in Pride of using steriods. I said it was dirty because there was no testing at all. There were no attempts to prevent people from using what are considered banned substances, or performance enhancing drugs. There are many reasons to think that drugs help a performance. You didn't know that is was harder to knock out a guy sober, than one on crack or meth.

2. No, the poster gave a hypothesis contrary to fact. I'm paraphrasing here, and I don't have what he said commited to memory, but he said something to the effect of 'If Brock had been X, than such and such fights would have been Y'. Yeah, he commited the fallacy. Sorry that one isn't up for debate. He didn't say 'the top HW's in the world at the time", you did. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because the fallacy would still be there.
A great philosopher once said 'The gratituitous use of long words and algebraic references make you clever not. And you sound like a dick'

Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #127
junglistx

Black Belt

I don't recall any former PRIDE fighters, pro wrestling background or not, pointing and laughing at their opponent mid fight, or pretending to lassoo them. This is but one factor in the dislike of Lesnar.

junglistx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #128
Donald Trump*
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglistx View Post
I don't recall any former PRIDE fighters, pro wrestling background or not, pointing and laughing at their opponent mid fight, or pretending to lassoo them. This is but one factor in the dislike of Lesnar.
You forgot, Lesnar actualy mimed reeling the lassoo in on a fishing reel!!! What an assclown.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #129
Jack V Savage
Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

vCash: 634
Quote:
Haha. Sorry. He said that if Brock had fought (the top two HWs at the time), he would have lost. You clearly don't understand why or in what arguments the "hypothesis contrary to fact" is a fallacy. And if you're "insulted" that he thinks that a fight would have a certain outcome, you shouldn't come to Sherdog.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #130
badbeat

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack V. Savage View Post
Haha. Bad example, guy. Studies show that steroids make a negligible difference in baseball players' performance.

Steroids, Other "Drugs", and Baseball

Sabernomics | What Impact Did Steroids Have on Alex Rodriguez’s Home Run Performance?

1. Ridiculous logic in that first sentence.

2. It's possible to beat the tests.

Uh, OK, so even though less than 1% of baseball players test positive for PEDs (and baseball has the best testing policy of any major sport), you think that 50% are doing it, but you just used the fact that Brock has passed tests to mean that he must be clean. Fail.

I suppose you think football players don't juice either.....because its not in the newspaper.... And did you pull the 1% out of your ass?

Just the ones baseball has LEAKED.... 104 players in 2003... and there are 750-1000 players in MLB (depending if its during call-ups or not).. so at the very minimum 10% of players tested positive for something... and that's if they tested EVERY player, which since it was random that means a far greater percentage than 10%.

PED's help in sports.. thats why they are called Performance Enhancing Drugs.

You are naive to think that not many use them in some form.