Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
redpowder**

White Belt

vCash: 500
If fighter A clearly taps but ref not see it, but fighter B stops fighting, fight on?

obviously a vary rare circumstance but say if fighter A tapped on fighter B, fighter B let go, ref didn't see it cuz he was on other side and fighter A got back up and started fighting, technically the fight would still be going, but is the fight officially over because that guy clearly tapped seen on TV, even though ref missed it and thinks fight still going

redpowder** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
ufcfan4
Can't Andle The Riddum

they call it as they see it to be honest and i think for the most part thats the way it goes. if the ref misses it, it never happened. im sure theres an appeals process with the commission but i think ultimately itd be tough to reverse because the bottom line is the official who is licensed to judge when the fight comes to a halt did not recognize the moment as such.

ufcfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Goon Dog
Furio Belt

Must be Mazz or that chick ...

Old 04-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
ufcfan4
Can't Andle The Riddum

win-slow just wants to facilitate a death in the cage. probably a dominatrix- gets off to the pain.

mazz i dont think is anywhere as egregious in his reffing now as he was a couple of years back. all the guys have made some epic mistakes at some point or another but i think rosenthal is the best in the business.

ufcfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
JKkiM**
Banned

He'd get booed for sure, but yeah.

JKkiM** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
neomage2021

Black Belt

fight keeps going. If they ref doesn't see it then it didn't officially happen. You could try to appeal after the fact but probably wouldn't be successful.

It's happened a few times.

neomage2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
macallan18**
Banned

Fighter a should have some honour and concede the victory

macallan18** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
Goon Dog
Furio Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan4 View Post
win-slow just wants to facilitate a death in the cage. probably a dominatrix- gets off to the pain.

mazz i dont think is anywhere as egregious in his reffing now as he was a couple of years back. all the guys have made some epic mistakes at some point or another but i think rosenthal is the best in the business.
I like Josh, too.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #9
superscoop

Green Belt

I can't find the video to save my life right now but there is a video of a fight where one guy taps and the "winner" lets go and they both stop fighting. The ref steps back and looks at both guys like "what the hell are you stopping for?" The fighter that taps jumps on the guy that made him tap and pounds him out for about 30 seconds until the ref pulls him off and declares him the winner. So obvious and so messed up.

At the end of the day thats why they say you fight until the ref pulls you off. People say Frank Mir is a asshole that just wants to hurt people but he has said many times he never wants to put himself in a situation where he taps someone and then lets up only to find out the ref missed it and I don't blame him one bit. These guys work too hard to lose because of a stupid mistake.

R.I.P Lord Maeda's dog, You will be missed
superscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
Andrew Wiggin
Banned

Superscoop I believe you're thinking of the Arlovski fight. I can't remember who he was fighting though.

It was a little different than that though.

Andrew Wiggin is offline   Reply With Quote